2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I think Sweat benefited from Simmons wreaking havoc on the inside.  I don't see the elite talent with him.

You may be correct. Sweat is interesting because his combine numbers will actually serve as confirmation. He also has enough elite traits for a team to take a shot. In other words... He’s more likely to be Manny Lawson than John McCargo. The two things that Sweat actually impressed me with are 1) he has already developed inside and outside rush moves and counters, and 2) he does a good job of identifying screens and containing the edge. That’s the fun part of all this though. We have no clue how scouts actually have these guys graded. Heck, they might view these Clemson Dlinemen like the 2005 Wolfpack line. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I gotta say....if we end up taking Metcalf in the first I am not going to cry at all......that kid is a fricken clydsdale

Use the free agency money to get veteran offensive linemen.......take Metcalf in the first......

This is gonna be a fun draft

If Metcalf keeps impressing he might not even last until 9. Gruden taking him wouldn’t surprise me in the least. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No thanks to AJ Brown:

#OleMiss WR A.J. Brown said that the key to he and fellow Rebels WR D.K. Metcalf’s body transformations was all in the diet. Said the hardest food he had to give up was wings. “I’m a big wings guy.”

5 replies0 retweets10 likes

Retweet

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

No thanks to AJ Brown:

#OleMiss WR A.J. Brown said that the key to he and fellow Rebels WR D.K. Metcalf’s body transformations was all in the diet. Said the hardest food he had to give up was wings. “I’m a big wings guy.”

5 replies0 retweets10 likes

Retweet

But he called them wings. Not Buffalo Wings. +1

• Like (+1) 2

OK for what its worth in my expert opinion we need to seriously draft either Justice Hill or Bryce Love. 

Why?  Their measurables?  No.   College tape?  Nope.  Interviews?  Nope

Why???  Because those are totally football player names.  Destined for success!

9 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

OK for what its worth in my expert opinion we need to seriously draft either Justice Hill or Bryce Love. 

#1 name seed in this draft- Buffalo Bill Cody (Ford)

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Will they start calling the Bills "The Justice League?"

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

#1 name seed in this draft- Buffalo Bill Cody (Ford)

If he ends up as a Bill, you know he's getting called that.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This is a very physically-strong group of WRs:

Metcalf - 27 reps

Harry - 27

Harmon - 18

AJ Brown - 19

F. Davis - 21

J. Hurd - 23

I like the idea of seeing what Dabol could do with Hurd.

Trade back and stockpile picks between #20-75... grab multiple WRs and OL help. 

Metcalf, AJ Brown, Harmon, Butler.... good with em all. WR class isnt crazy top heavy, but very deep especially rounds 2-3. imo 

Edited by Acattack15
  • Like (+1) 1

Sounds like Miles Sanders had a good day, I’m going to keep my Holyfield stocks until his pro day. (Too late to sell them now)

Sanders would be a nice option. 

Did Holyfield carry someone on his back today? That’s a rough time,  his speed looked fine during game.

with all the players the Bills have met with so far- most everyone is a late first-third rounder.  This tells me Beane will most likely trade down.  I have been banging the drum- stockpile picks rounds 2-4!  There will be starting oline, TE, and WR available.  I know we have 10 picks already.  But IMO Beane trades down, then trades up a couple times into the top 100.  Indy had 4 second round picks last year, including Darius Leonard.  That was a big part of their turnaround.  

Look what New England has for picks-

First round: 32nd overall – original
Second: 56th overall – via Chicago
Second: 64th overall – original
Third: 73rd overall – via Detroit
Third: 97th overall - Solder compensatory
Third: 101st overall - Butler compensatory
Fourth: 134th overall - original
Sixth: 205th overall - Amendola compensatory
Seventh: 239th overall - via Philadelphia
Seventh: 243rd overall - via Cleveland
Seventh: 246th overall - original
Seventh: 252nd overall - Fleming compensatory

For one, stockpile starters rounds 2-4.  Two- watch every New England cut.  12 players are not making their squad.  Poach away

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

with all the players the Bills have met with so far- most everyone is a late first-third rounder.  This tells me Beane will most likely trade down.  I have been banging the drum- stockpile picks rounds 2-4!  There will be starting oline, TE, and WR available.  I know we have 10 picks already.  But IMO Beane trades down, then trades up a couple times into the top 100.  Indy had 4 second round picks last year, including Darius Leonard.  That was a big part of their turnaround.  

Look what New England has for picks-

First round: 32nd overall – original
Second: 56th overall – via Chicago
Second: 64th overall – original
Third: 73rd overall – via Detroit
Third: 97th overall - Solder compensatory
Third: 101st overall - Butler compensatory
Fourth: 134th overall - original
Sixth: 205th overall - Amendola compensatory
Seventh: 239th overall - via Philadelphia
Seventh: 243rd overall - via Cleveland
Seventh: 246th overall - original
Seventh: 252nd overall - Fleming compensatory

For one, stockpile starters rounds 2-4.  Two- watch every New England cut.  12 players are not making their squad.  Poach away

Dont count out a trade up either Pete. Could be a cant pass up Dlineman at 9. We have not one Dlineman who requires consistant double teams. Just throwin that angle out there too.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I gotta say....if we end up taking Metcalf in the first I am not going to cry at all......that kid is a fricken clydsdale

Use the free agency money to get veteran offensive linemen.......take Metcalf in the first......

This is gonna be a fun draft

Agreed John. He has the highest ceiling of any offensive player in the draft. He's boom or bust with all the potential in the world, and that seems to fit what this regime looks for.

23 hours ago, DJB said:

To me J Williams looks like a potential pro bowl guard. But his short arms and difficulty moving around tells me he will struggle at T. C Ferrell wrecked him at the Bowl game

Any chance we can start up the "Who the Bills have met with thread again? "

I just added a link to a Bills combine meeting tracker to the OP

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Why do they even have OL run 40 times?

Such a useless stat for an offensive linemen.....I want to see what their agility drills look like......

That is a very good point...straight line speed is not as important as quickness and agility.

Those shuttle and cone drills probably give you more to base decisions on if the tape has you on the fence...strength and reps factor too.

Still, a 300+ pound man running a sub-5 is still pretty flipp'n amazing to see... unless he just passed the TE on a pull and your a 170lb DB in his way :)