2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just added a link to a Bills combine meeting tracker to the OP

Thanks for all your updates..

Anyone still think Ridley will still be there at Pick 74?

Expecting them to go DL OL with picks 1 and 2 so if no trade downs then Riley could be one of the better WR’s that might still be there in the third..

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Agreed John. He has the highest ceiling of any offensive player in the draft. He's boom or bust with all the potential in the world, and that seems to fit what this regime looks for.

FWIW, I heard today( from Bucky Brooks, I think) that although his body fat was a ridiculous 1.6, that he may be prone to cramps and muscle strains, i.e. hamstrings especially, on a regular basis. And especially in a cold weather town as is Buffalo. I never thought about that, but that may be a legit concern. I'm sure glad my job doesn't hang in the balance due to a wide variety of issues like McBeane has to filter through!

10 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

FWIW, I heard today( from Bucky Brooks, I think) that although his body fat was a ridiculous 1.6, that he may be prone to cramps and muscle strains, i.e. hamstrings especially, on a regular basis. And especially in a cold weather town as is Buffalo. I never thought about that, but that may be a legit concern. I'm sure glad my job doesn't hang in the balance due to a wide variety of issues like McBeane has to filter through!

Just tell him to go out and have some Buffalo wings once in a while LOL

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/28/2019 at 9:13 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

228 for metcalf…. seems like that photo was just a good angle and pump after all. probably put on a good 5-10 of lean mass from the regular season. reasonable...wheres all the people that were sure Metcalf was juicing out like david boston? @Alphadawg7, wasn't it you and I trying to explain to @Yav how silly it was to just blame the juice?

Nope, still think the kids on something. It’s been talked about with a lot of Ol Miss players.

N’Keal Harry just marched himon the bench with 27 reps and came in at 228 pounds. I’m telling you Harry has YAC ability and will win the contested balls. Don’t sleep on the beast out of ASU. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just added a link to a Bills combine meeting tracker to the OP

Riley Ridley is someone to watch. I don’t think he’ll be there at 40. But he reminds me of Devonte Adams. Trust me I’m a Fresno St Bulldog fan and Georgia fan. I watched them both, a lot. He’d be a good fit, him or Deebo Samuels would be great in this offense.

Im sticking with- heavy FA OL.

1. Hockenson 

2. Ridley/Deebo

a lot of defense rounds 3-7

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

No thanks to AJ Brown:

#OleMiss WR A.J. Brown said that the key to he and fellow Rebels WR D.K. Metcalf’s body transformations was all in the diet. Said the hardest food he had to give up was wings. “I’m a big wings guy.”

5 replies0 retweets10 likes

Retweet

So does the No thanks apply to Metcalf also?

I’m still not on board with Metcalf. Idk why I’m just not feeling him. He had very little production, had injuries and had two other NFL quality WRs to take pressure off yet it still didn’t happen. 

I like grabbing WRs like Ridley, Samuel, Isabella, etc later in the draft more then that. He may make me eat my words but I hope he does go before 9. 

10 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Not to worry. Between Q. Williams, E. Oliver, C. Wilkins, and J. Simmons, one of them will be there at 9, and all have the potential to be utter wrecking balls on the interior.

That is a fine list that will yield at least one of them available at the Bills' pick.  I think that Wilkins is underrated here and seems like an ideal Bean-McDermott profile fit.

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Listening to Murray and Haskins in their interviews. I take Haskins 10/10 times. 

Here is Haskins combine interview for anyone interested 

And Murray’s

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000001020138/Kyler-Murray-s-2019-NFL-Scouting-Combine-press-conference

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

In all seriousness, I'm not very big on DK at 9. Just too little productivity for the talent level.

You’re not intrigued by giving big armed Josh Allen a Calvin Johnson type athlete?  I can envision big things.  Worth the risk, IMO

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

You’re not intrigued by giving big armed Josh Allen a Calvin Johnson type athlete?  I can envision big things.  Worth the risk, IMO

That seems like a reckless comp. Johnson was seen as a sure thing. Metcalf is a much bigger question. 

Athleaticism doesn’t make a football player. 

9 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Intrigued? Sure. Enough to spend the #9 overall pick on a guy that had less than 30 catches per season? No.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That seems like a reckless comp. Johnson was seen as a sure thing. Metcalf is a much bigger question. 

Athleaticism doesn’t make a football player. 

Yep, it’s not an equal comp.  but he has that upside.  I like big upside in the top ten.  Swing for the fences

2 hours ago, Yav said:

Nope, still think the kids on something. It’s been talked about with a lot of Ol Miss players.

N’Keal Harry just marched himon the bench with 27 reps and came in at 228 pounds. I’m telling you Harry has YAC ability and will win the contested balls. Don’t sleep on the beast out of ASU. 

I loved his tape. He created some plays out of nothing at some big times. The Oregon game was rough at times. Think he had 2 catches he should make go through his arms. But ASU could literally not get him the ball enough (lots of balls skipped to him). Depending on FA I would be very happy with him in the 2nd

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I like something closer to a sure thing when dealing with a top ten. (which I don't see at WR)

I’m not all in on Metcalf myself.  Especially with the deep WR class, and all the front 7 talent at the top.

On paper, it probably looks better to take Oliver or Wilkins or Ferrell or Burns, and then the best remaining WR in Round 2.  Who’s ever left between Harmon/Harry/Butler/ or Ridley.

But, if McBean thinks Metcalf is special, I’m good with it.

• Like (+1) 1

DK Metcalf is more Andre Johnson than Calvin Johnson. I don’t think he’ll be there at #9 but if he is and we take him I don’t know how you can’t be excited.

He’s a 6’3 228 freak who can take the top off a defenseman anytime he wants. Bills haven’t shied away from raw prospects. Just look at Allen and Edmunds. Metcalf to the Bills is very on brand.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

DK Metcalf is more Andre Johnson than Calvin Johnson. I don’t think he’ll be there at #9 but if he is and we take him I don’t know how you can’t be excited.

He’s a 6’3 228 freak who can take the top off a defenseman anytime he wants. Bills haven’t shied away from raw prospects. Just look at Allen and Edmunds. Metcalf to the Bills is very on brand.

He scares me.  I can't help but think he will he often injured.  I honestly hope someone else takes him before the Bills.  He may end up being a HOFer, but I don't like WRs in the top 10.

1 hour ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Anyone know what time tomorrow the receivers will start running their 40 times?

Combine starts up tomorrow at 10 am eastern.  Not sure the exact time of the WR

12 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

DK Metcalf isn’t anything close to Andre Johnson outside of measurements. He’s closer to Justin Hunter as a receiver.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

DK Metcalf isn’t anything close to Andre Johnson outside of measurements. He’s closer to Justin Hunter.

He is 30 lbs heavier than Hunter was at his combine, he is also a helluva lot stronger. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you listened to McDermott during his press conference he talked about helping Allen by building inside then out. Which means protecting him then worrying about weapons. 

Now they could easily sign two FA OL and that would adjust the thinking but as it stands now if they are going offense it sounds like OL

23 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

More like Shannon Sharpe as a WR.

Soooo...… Sterling Sharpe...… Neck injury included

8 hours ago, Pete said:

which WRs offer the best return ability?  It would be nice to have a top returner.  Our special teams need much help

Deebo Samuel is probably the best for starting potential combined with return ability.