Mic'd Up: Josh Allen vs. the Lions

26CornerBlitz

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yes, it was fun to see/hear.  Yes, I like his "fire."

Maybe I'm a little old school, but I think it's a tad early for him to be talking so much smack.  He hasn't done anything in this league except get a ton of rushing yards on broken plays.

Brady talks smack because he's earned the right to.  I think Josh Allen very well could get there ... but he's not there yet and I find this to be a little immature and unprofessional at this point in his young career.

There was smack talking????

I'm so confused  :huh:

Geez, you must think Phillip Rivers is Satan incarcerated.

• Like (+1) 3

We have all been waiting 20 years for a guy like this in Buffalo.  It genuinely feels like we have a franchise QB in every way.    

He may still burn out or whatever, but at this point he is showing every skill and intangible we've been hoping for.  The sky is the limit (assuming they can put some talent around him).  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

There was smack talking????

I'm so confused  :huh:

Geez, you must think Phillip Rivers is Satan incarcerated.

I mean watching the plays especially when he's running more it seems pretty clear he's smack talking. But it's just the way he plays and he doesn't do it outside the game to the media.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Nope.  But he's a first ballot HOFer who's earned the right to talk smack.

Once again, (although I didnt reply to you with my statement so perhaps you missed it up thread) there is no earning the right to talk smack.

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Like (+1) 1

He very likely has been talking like this since Pee-Wee football.  He probably talked like this playing football in MS, HS, and college.  If it is a part of his game, there would be no reason to change it now.  That's how he plays...how he motivates himself and his teammates.  Seems to be working his way towards putting a C on his jersey.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

They probably wouldnt put that in the video anyway, but the whole idea of earning the right to talk smack is dumb. It is usually done to either pump themselves up which in turn can pump their teammates up, or to get in the mind of the opposing player. None of which needs to be earned.

Perhaps what Gugny meant to say was it helps to have a body of successful work behind you before anything you say on the field really matters. 

On another note, I'm VERY concerned that he doesn't know what to do with his hands. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

So when Kiko Alonzo talks smack to him, he is supposed to say “Thank you Mr. Alonzo, May I have another.”  Screw that.  Give that sh** right back.  Never give the impression they are in your head!

Can Kiko Alonso even utter a complete sentence?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PIZ said:

He very likely has been talking like this since Pee-Wee football.  He probably talked like this playing football in MS, HS, and college.  If it is a part of his game, there would be no reason to change it now.  That's how he plays...how he motivates himself and his teammates.  Seems to be working his way towards putting a C on his jersey.

McDermott talked about how Josh is already the leader of the offense. I'd be pretty surprised if he isn't one of the captains next year.

They don't get into a lot of his trash talking in the video, he's mostly encouraging guys, but it seems pretty clear he's a little bit of a talker. Someone on the jets said he was talking trash. I'm sure guys are giving it to him, so I don't see the problem. As long as he keeps his head in the game and it doesn't lead to mental mistakes. 

I appreciate how little he says to the media. When they ask him about other teams or players, he's always complimentary. Once you get between the lines though, let it fly. 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Perhaps what Gugny meant to say was it helps to have a body of successful work behind you before anything you say on the field really matters. 

On another note, I'm VERY concerned that he doesn't know what to do with his hands. 

1. That may lend more credibility to his smack talk, it doesnt mean he has to earn the right to smack talk, talking smack is a tool and can be used by whoever wants to, how impactful that is is another story and also depends on who they are saying it to

2. LOL

Edited by Bray Wyatt

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

1. That may lend more credibility to his smack talk, it doesnt mean he has to earn the right to smack talk, talking smack is a tool and can be used by whoever they want, how impactful that is is another story and also depends on who they are saying it to

2. LOL

My point is that no matter how much smack a player talks, nothing speaks louder than your play. Smack talk, one way or another, doesn't require any validation. Anyone with a big mouth can talk smack and one doesn't have to do anything to earn the right to do it as you say. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Yes, it was fun to see/hear.  Yes, I like his "fire."

Maybe I'm a little old school, but I think it's a tad early for him to be talking so much smack.  He hasn't done anything in this league except get a ton of rushing yards on broken plays.

Brady talks smack because he's earned the right to.  I think Josh Allen very well could get there ... but he's not there yet and I find this to be a little immature and unprofessional at this point in his young career.

So he can be called trash and be completely lambasted by everyone but he can’t talk back? He’s been told he sucked his whole life and look where he is now. Talk away buddy. And if he busts, well I guess they’ll be right and that will shut him up. 

He is completely respectful off the field and never has a discouraging word to say outside of the lines, but inside, that’s his field and he is trying to own it. Head games are real. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

My point is that no matter how much smack a player talks, nothing speaks louder than your play. Smack talk, one way or another, doesn't require any validation. Anyone with a big mouth can talk smack and one doesn't have to do anything to earn the right to do it as you say. 

I agree

5 minutes ago, CowboyBill said:

So he can be called trash and be completely lambasted by everyone but he can’t talk back? He’s been told he sucked his whole life and look where he is now. Talk away buddy. And if he busts, well I guess they’ll be right and that will shut him up. 

He is completely respectful off the field and never has a discouraging word to say outside of the lines, but inside, that’s his field and he is trying to own it. Head games are real. 

Truth

50 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Nope.  But he's a first ballot HOFer who's earned the right to talk smack.

you think rivers was quiet on the field his first couple years? 

he had a rep for talking coming out of school. its a part of the game.

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except Rivers talked the most smack when he was a rookie and hadn’t done crap.  Opponents hated him

and I have absolutely loved that about him for the last 15 years!

• Like (+1) 1

I watched this for the first time last night.  This kid is awesome.  You can tell he loves playing football.  He's been an absolute pleasure to watch this season and I look forward to many, many more.

On 12/17/2018 at 7:31 PM, CSBill said:

oh yeah, that would be great to hear

I assume they have to trim 55 minutes of profanity-laden audio to get these 5 "clean" minutes. I think the rest of it would be amazing to hear. That access should come with a season ticket package. 

• Like (+1) 2