First Half: Wk 15 Lions at Bills 1 pm FOX

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Maybe there is going to be a lot of rushing to keep the game short. Fewer plays = fewer injuries. For both teams.

I also expect they want to see what Murphy and Ford have and if this line can run block better this game 

1 minute ago, Buddy Hix said:

Lucky to get away with that bad throw, it was a pick.

Defender made a heck of a catch and kept that one toe dragging on the ground the whole way; left a rubber trail on the field...

I think he was out of bounds but nice play.

3 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I guess the question given Allen saw him early enough is: should he have made a better decision taking one-two steps left outside the pocket and throwing away to keep us in FG position rather than trying to make a big play and getting sacked out of FG position? There are times I want Allen to try to make that play, but not on third down when we're in FG position. 

ah yes, the ole trying to avoid the sack running to left where its hard to get a throw off dime play that every QB makes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Defender made a heck of a catch and kept that one toe dragging on the ground the whole way; left a rubber trail on the field...

I think he was out of bounds but nice play.

Plus the ball hit the ground and shifted. Incomplete. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

That was a fast first quarter... both teams want to keep this game under 2 hours. :lol: 

As does everyone watching. I could be watching National Lampoons Christmas vacation for the 3000th time. Yet I’m wasting my time with this. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Are we?  Our defense is in a good place for the next few years.   Josh Allen looks like he could be a franchise QB.  Foster/Zay/McKenzie are solid 2-4 WRs.  Looks to me like a couple new pieces on the OL and a new WR or two will work wonders.  

We have a lot of old playmakers on defense. I'm not sure this is true. Plus, the red zone defense is terrible.

Bills may just be getting more film to evaluate the OL with all the running plays. They know Allen will be the QB next year, probably hoping one or two of these guys can emerge. Four FA Olineman would be very expensive to acquire 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Sad 1

Lions daring the Bills to run the football which makes sense given the situation. 

Allen accurate so far.  the last pass was not an INT (did not have possession) and would have been the best catch in Rich Stadium this year had he controlled it.

Bills offensive line is very bad.

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

ah yes, the ole trying to avoid the sack running to left where its hard to get a throw off dime play that every QB makes.

It's two quick steps to the side and throw it out of bounds. Most good QBs do this several times a game to avoid sacks. Not everyone can run like Allen.  

3 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

To my knowledge, Peyton Manning never had a pass accuracy problem.  Josh Allen, well...

:mellow:

Great coaching in Tennessee, was known for having a really good understanding of the game coming out, and had 28 picks his rookie year... yes, he drilled it right between the numbers, just the wrong jerseys. Folks need to relax and remember that even the best at the position took time to get there.

Just now, PolishPrince said:

You are right, why do any QB's ever take sacks... its so simple

Usually when the QB sees the rush too late. Allen saw it right away and had time to get all the way from the middle of the pocket to well outside left before being brought down. It's easy to sit here and arm chair QB and much harder on the field, but I think he could have made a different decision on that play if he'd wanted to.