I just don't know what to say - EJ is dogging on Peterman and the bIlls

Reed83HOF

7 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Well it's not the Bill's fault EJ doesnt have a job.  EJ isnt a good QB and neither is NP.  Enough said.

Not to pick on you, but this is the same type of ignorant comment that fills all such threads on this board: the inability to see the distinction between "not good" and "horrid" or "among the worst in NFL history." Remember EJ's abysmal start in London against the then-sorry Jags?  The one that may have ruined any hope for breaking the playoff drought in 2016? Who could forget the awfulness?

But wait ... here's what used to count as "awful" around here -- EJ's stats in that game:  24-42, 298, 2 TD, 2 INT (including one pick 6), 75.3 QB rating.

Nathan Peterman's best performance was today's -- 31-49, 189, 0 TD, 3 INT (including, of course, a pick 6), 45.4 QB rating.

The first performance is your every-week bad QB performance in the NFL. The second performance would be one of the worst in the NFL in any given year, but for the fact that such a performance is now a weekly occurrence in Billsland.

EDIT: EJ is right. It is ridiculous that guys like Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley are being signed ahead of him, and even more ridiculous that Nathan Peterman still has a spot on an NFL roster while he sits at home.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not to pick on you, but this is the same type of ignorant comment that fills all such threads on this board: the inability to see the distinction between "not good" and "horrid" or "among the worst in NFL history." Remember EJ's abysmal start in London against the then-sorry Jags?  The one that may have ruined any hope for breaking the playoff drought in 2016? Who could forget the awfulness?

But wait ... here's what used to count as "awful" around here -- EJ's stats in that game:  24-42, 298, 2 TD, 2 INT (including one pick 6), 75.3 QB rating.

Nathan Peterman's best performance was today's -- 31-49, 189, 0 TD, 3 INT (including, of course, a pick 6), 45.4 QB rating.

The first performance is your every-week bad QB performance in the NFL. The second performance would be one of the worst in the NFL in any given year, but for the fact that such a performance is now a weekly occurrence in Billsland.

Who are you calling ignorant dude.  Do you know me?  Sorry if I dont care what EJ thinks.  Is this where were at wanting EJ Manuel back.  Yes EJ is not horrid like NP but they are both not starting QBs in the NFL.   So who cares.  EJ is no longer a Bill end of story.  The Bill's now are JA who is hurt.  I dont control who plays QB for the Bill's.  Does EJ have a point yes...he would be a better back up for this team no doubt about it.  And of course I see the difference..the point is it doesnt matter.  EJ is not a Bill and NP is.  That's the situation.  I dont control it.  But dont be throwing around the word ignorant when u dont know me.  We need a starting QB not NP or EJ.

Edited by Skins Malone

1 minute ago, Skins Malone said:

Who are you calling ignorant dude.  Do you know me?  Sorry if I dont care what EJ thinks.  Is this where were at wanting EJ Manuel back.  Yes EJ is not horrid like NP but they are both not starting QBs in the NFL.   So who cares.  EJ is no longer a Bill end of story.  The Bill's now are JA who is hurt.  I dont control who plays QB for the Bill's.  Does EJ have a point yes...he would be a better back up for this team no doubt about it.  But of course I see the difference..the point is it doesnt matter.  EJ is not a Bill and NP is.  That's the situation.  I dont control it.  But dont be throwing around the word ignorant when u dont know me.

Perhaps you're ignorant of the meanings of the word "ignorant" - as used here, I meant:  lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified.

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

EDIT: EJ is right. It is ridiculous that guys like Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley are being signed ahead of him, and even more ridiculous that Nathan Peterman still has a spot on an NFL roster while he sits at home.

Exactly.  I was thinking the same thing ........ boy that Jags game was awful.  Then I went back and looked at it and despite that awful 2nd qtr he actually fought back.  My biggest problem with EJ was that he couldn't hit anything down field to save his life.  That is what made  Tyrod such a refreshing change (no one here seems to remember how bad it was).  Taylor came in and hit the deep ball almost every game when we had Watkins and Goodwin.  Then Dennison comes along, Taylor is gone, now Daboll comes in and now we might not see 5 passing TD's all season.  Someone said he might be better than Allen.  I like Allen don't get me wrong, and I think he has it, but if he can't hit receivers deep better than EJ did then maybe he isn't any better than EJ.  Hopefully time will prove that he is better.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Perhaps you're ignorant of the meanings of the word "ignorant" - as used here, I meant:  lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified.

And clearly you didnt read my post.  What's lacking...that EJ isnt as bad as NP?  No kidding.  The point is EJ isnt on this team and hes not a starting QB.  Either is NP.  So what am I ignorant about?  Am I suppose to yearn for the days of EJ Manuel lol.

Edited by Skins Malone

Like others have said, he’s right.  I don’t blame him, I would be pissed too if I was a better QB than Peterman and watching him play while I didn’t have a job.  

Hell im kind of peaved Peterman is playing for Bills and I haven’t been signed yet cuz I’m a better QB than him too.  Call me Beane ;)

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

i love EJ----but only a team like the bills or browns or raiders would be stupid enough to sign him. of course he is better than peterman....but so what?

Just now, Tcali said:

i love EJ----but only a team like the bills or browns or raiders would be stupid enough to sign him. of course he is better than peterman....but so what?

Q, So what?  A. So that we can be competitive in games. So that we can show the defense that we care that they are playing hard and putting in strong performances in every game now. So that we can watch a Bills game without cringing in embarrassment. 

If they really want to tank, then just do it ... but that probably would've meant going the Raiders route by trading Shady and any other veteran player with some value. This? I don't know what this even is supposed to be ...

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Q, So what?  A. So that we can be competitive in games. So that we can show the defense that we care that they are playing hard and putting in strong performances in every game now. So that we can watch a Bills game without cringing in embarrassment. 

If they really want to tank, then just do it ... but that probably would've meant going the Raiders route by trading Shady and any other veteran player with some value. This? I don't know what this even is supposed to be ...

good points...except i think there are better options than EJ out there

Just now, Tcali said:

good points...except i think there are better options than EJ out there

Well, outside of Kap (and I am not going there again), are there?  Look, there is no "good" option out there. We all know that. But EJ is better than Peterman, and probably better than Barkley. I get why the Bills aren't signing him ... it's one of those "you can't go home again" scenarios. But I do agree with him that there isn't much sense in how the Bills are handling the QB situation.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, outside of Kap (and I am not going there again), are there?  Look, there is no "good" option out there. We all know that. But EJ is better than Peterman, and probably better than Barkley. I get why the Bills aren't signing him ... it's one of those "you can't go home again" scenarios. But I do agree with him that there isn't much sense in how the Bills are handling the QB situation.

i agree

1 hour ago, stony said:

Remember when Terry said he was sick of his team being a punchline around the league?

I think McD and B could actually be fired because of this. Last year we made the playoffs.

9 games later and we're even more of a punch line than before.

I was at the game today and they were being laughed at and mocked by their own ticket buying fans.

Terry has an itchy trigger finger. 

Oh, and EJ IS right.  Peterman?? Barkley??Anderson?? Really??

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 2

Yeah, EJ was never great but he surely wasn’t close to “Peterman-bad”...Despite showing no potential in any regular season NFL games, Peterman has been given more opportunity to develop than any other late round pick I’ve ever seen, while at the same token EJ was given the single shortest leash I can remember with a 1st round QB.  

I mean realistically, Peterman had no business on this roster after what he showed us in his rookie year.  If you have a late round pick and he showed no promise, then on to the next, definitely do not make him your opening day starter!!!!

Edited by ThunderGun
  • Like (+1) 2

"I usually never open up about my situation in Buffalo..."

For good reason EJ. Let's keep it that way.

For those of you scoring at home, EJ's still the only QB to ever lose an NFL game in 4 different countries, BTW. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

If we're comparing EJ to your standard back-up in the NFL, then shut up EJ.

If we're comparing EJ to Nate Peterman, then he has a damn point.

That's how ridiculous this all is. I would take confused and mechanically flawed EJ over Peterman in a second. Nate Peterman was historically bad last week - after today's shitshow he's got to be in the running for number one worst QB to ever suit up. 

Edited by Nelius

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

If McDermott drafted EJ he would be on this team and Peterman wouldnt... guess what the Bill's would still suck also.

He was the reason he had to "get us back into that game"

Did I not say that in my post? Peterman loses us the game and it's over by the end of the second. How can you objectively say they are of equal caliber when time and time again Peterman reminds you no NFL QB has ever been worse at the position.

Once again, EJ has a point.