First Round Draft Pick Is ...

Bills trade down in the first round and select :

OT Jonah Williams 6'5" 301 Alabama

"PROS: Size and strength are NFL-ready. Excellent footwork out of his stance, entering his pass set with no wasted movements or false steps. Adjusts his set points based on edge defender’s alignment. Patient in pass protection, waits for opponent to show his hands and then counters. Times up his strikes well to combat power. Explosive in his first step to build his house against wide nines. "

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/05/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-jonah-williams/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

Exactly! I like the way you think!

Me too :D

if we can't get a tackle I probably go WR. Really like DK Metcalf if he comes out.

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Trade down 10 spots and pick up a bunch of picks and take Marquise Brown from Oklahoma. This guy will be the next OBJ.

Haven't noticed him yet but haven't watched much Oklahoma this year.

Please tell me he comes with out the OBJ mental disorders and Divaism??

Just looked him up and no way in the first, guy is a midget. We need a complete WR who can come everything.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Only issue with Metcalf is he needs a supporting cast. He can't be your one and only wide receiver. He needs other good to great wide receivers around him. 

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Trade down 10 spots and pick up a bunch of picks and take Marquise Brown from Oklahoma. This guy will be the next OBJ.

Bill's QBs are getting hammered.  They barely make it out of A game alive. You've got to go oline oline oline then wide receiver in the draft.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

Only issue with Metcalf is he needs a supporting cast. He can't be your one and only wide receiver. He needs other good to great wide receivers around him. 

Bill's QBs are getting hammered.  They barely make it out of A game alive. You've got to go oline oline oline then wide receiver in the draft.

They all need supporting casts.

Also like WR Hakeem Butler 6'6" 225, big time playmaker and fast.

54 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Haven't noticed him yet but haven't watched much Oklahoma this year.

Please tell me he comes with out the OBJ mental disorders and Divaism??

Just looked him up and no way in the first, guy is a midget. We need a complete WR who can come everything.

Yeah but Antonio Brown isn't the biggest guy either, Marquise Brown can play.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

This is likely a draft where trading down will be difficult.  If there are not any QB's, most smart teams don't want to pay a heavy price. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

"PROS: Size and strength are NFL-ready. Excellent footwork out of his stance, entering his pass set with no wasted movements or false steps. Adjusts his set points based on edge defender’s alignment. Patient in pass protection, waits for opponent to show his hands and then counters. Times up his strikes well to combat power. Explosive in his first step to build his house against wide nines. "

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/05/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-jonah-williams/

CONS: Apparent lack of elite length will a point of discussion in NFL circles. At times can be a little too patient, and is susceptible to long arms keeping him from landing his hands. Range in his set points is a bit limited, elite speed/bend guys will really test his ability to get out deep in his sets. Wish he rocked pass rushers with his punch a bit more.

Not a true mauler in the run game. Needs to keep working to seal off defenders in zone, not allowing them to free up late in the rep. Might never be a great people mover. Can get out-reached at times, and may need to be a little quicker and more decisive to win first contact. Finishing/intensity is an area of his game that needs to improve.

-Jon Ledyard

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You can build an all pro offensive line but if our QB play is no better than what we have received this year, our record will be the same.

Offensive tackle has very little impact on wins and losses.

I disagree.....two good tackles....and of course two receivers...would have won the game last night.

• Like (+1) 1

It all depends on FA. Do we really pass on Bosa or Oliver if the opportunity is there though? I for one hope not. It would be like passing on Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald imo. That is the type of talent level these guys have. A lot of things can happen between now and then. We'll see how things start shaping up come early April. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

Between Free Agency, this years draft and next years draft  , I can see a large number of quality starters coming on next year.    Assuming Allen can grow and play,  this bodes well.  No big contracts to eat.   I like it.   We knew this year would suck and the first half year schedule was brutal.   So now we get Phins twice, Jets twice and couple others where the D could win the game by itself.  If Allen can get out there for 4 or 5 more games that should be enough.   Trust the Process.   The only wild card is if FA just don't want to be with the franchise/in the area and go elsewhere.   Get more draft picks today, would be my goal.  

• Haha (+1) 1

The first pick will be a DT. Kyle will be gone, and our defensive minded coach will want to replace him. I know I know we got Philips this year. I don't care. Any excuse to draft D line will be taken advantage of. I wouldn't be surprised if the first 2 picks are on the D side. Also don't be surprised if RB isn't taken in day 2.

• Like (+1) 1

It's a no brainer that Beane needs to go heavy on Offense, but....DT / DE is reportedly the strength of this year's Draft class and IF the Bills have a top 10 pick and IF they can't trade down, it might be BPA - which could be DT / DE. I would prefer a DE to get some youth on the edge if that were the case and with all the money in FA, it's possible the Bills are able to corral a few Offensive starters, i.e. Center / RG / RT and two WRs. Personally, I would *prefer* the Bills were able to add real quality starters to the Offense via FA b/c it only helps Allen in his development since you're not throwing Rookies in the mix with him AND it probably improves the Offense the quickest. 

That said you have to get FAs that WANT to come to Buffalo, no matter how much money you spend on them. Right now, that's not an easy sell. It's one reason why I think if Beane and McD are truly wanting to be better NEXT year, then you use this trade deadline THIS year to get WRs / Offensive linemen if possible, with contracts through next year so that you can essentially control your own market. 

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I know it’s early but has anyone seen Henry, the WR from Arizona State? The guy is a beast! 

I like Henry and really like Anthony Johnson.   This team needs speed at WR though, and Henry doesn't have it.  But we also are desperate for playmakers.  He is that

Just now, Pete said:

I like Henry and really like Anthony Johnson.   This team needs speed at WR though, and Henry doesn't have it.  But we also are desperate for playmakers.  He is that

He reminds me of Eric Moulds. The dudes got some guns on him and is apparently a quality kid.

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Trade down and draft,

1. Jonah Williams OT Alabama

2. Jesse Burkett OC Stanford

3. Terry Godwin WR Georgia

3 . Connor McGovern G Penn Sate

4. Irv Smith Jr. TE Alabama

4. L J Scott RB Michigan St

5. Amani Oruwari CB Penn State

I like what your thinking, but right now buff sits at the #4 or #5 pick...its gonna take more than an extra 3rd to move down out of the top 5

29 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Love talking about the draft before Halloween. 

I talk about the draft b4 the season even starts...as soon as I see the final 53 i have an idea on what they might need

Edited by Tsaikotic

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Yeah but Antonio Brown isn't the biggest guy either, Marquise Brown can play.

I think Hollywood is a prospect worth checking out, but regarding this comparison, Antonio had a solid 30ish pounds on Brown back when he was at the NFL Combine.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 947 said:

We need a LT, Dawkins is not a LT on a winning team. If we can't get Bosa or Oliver, I'd love a trade down & draft an OT, then move Dawkins to RT or LG.

I want Bosa.     He's a game changing DE.   Pair him with Hughes, and Edmunds, and White and we have the makings of an elite defense.

We can go offense with every other pick in the draft for all I care, we have 9 other picks.     But that first pick, I want Bosa. 

• Like (+1) 2

Trade down and draft K’Neal Harry or Aj Brown. 

There are solid tackles available in FA and no good WRs worth a dam.  If you look at the available players in the draft and FA, i think we upgrade the OL via FA along with drafting a guard or Tackle in the first 2 rounds while getting our WRs in the draft an adding one-two mid priced vet FAs

45 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Assuming we are heading to a top 5 pick, the CBS big board shows all top 5 prospects as defensive players. 

Let's hope there is a QB who is worthy of that high of a pick so we can have a chance at a trade down. 

Nobody is going to be moving into the top 5 for a DT or CB. 

Mel Kiper has 19 of the top 22 prospects as defensive players. And one of those 3 offensive guys is a QB that Buffalo obviously won't take.

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

It is a smart play because you can play Jonah at LT....move Dawkins to LG....and you have fixed one side of this horrible offensive line

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I want Bosa.     He's a game changing DE.   Pair him with Hughes, and Edmunds, and White and we have the makings of an elite defense.

We can go offense with every other pick in the draft for all I care, we have 9 other picks.     But that first pick, I want Bosa. 

Absolutely. Oliver as well.

Outside of those two, I’m happy if the Bills trade down.

• Like (+1) 2

Look there is plenty of room for failure in drafting. So if they are smart..  IN free agency they get 1-2 good starting offensive lineman and 1-2 good wide receivers same with draft. This is how you secure your talented positions.

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Absolutely. Oliver as well.

Outside of those two, I’m happy if the Bills trade down.

Didn't think our Defense was is the problem.. Thought the problem.. or at least what you have stated in past is OL WR. How we planning to fix that if we ignore those positions early in draft/ especially the line..