Bills Being Very Active approaching Trade Deadline?

15 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Well THERE'S something that's never been done in Buffalo.

Trade your RB and waste a 1st round pick on his replacement.

Hahah! By no means am I saying spend a 1st on a RB. I am saying if you find your Edge after getting rid of Shady regardless of the round id be a happy man. Offensive talent is a must right now. 

3 minutes ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Shady and a mid round pick for Foles. Dump Anderson and Peterman. I'm not a Foles fan but you could certainly do worse (and we have). We need someone who can play this year and be a mentor next year

I don't think the Bills need to dump Anderson until the season is done. Peterman should never throw a football again in the NFL.

Edited by Santana

3 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

The point is selling good old players for high round draft picks to help a team that is rebuilding.  No point in the Bills holding on to Shady for his last few years for a rebuild.  Not good for the team long term or fair to Shady.

After tonight's game the Bills are pretty much out of the playoffs (mathematically) already.

IF Shady is not in next years plans AND he is willing to be traded AND they get a reasonable return I see no problem with it now.

I didn't feel this way a couple of weeks ago but with JA down and 2 losses in a row I have changed my mind.

IF OBD wants to move on from Clay and a team is willing to trade, do it.

Trade Benjamin if they can.

These 3 are the only ones that should be considered.

No to trading Hughes.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You don't trade for players that don't make an immediate difference. You don't trade for players you hope will be good, that is what the draft is for and no team is going to give up their young talent that they are trying to develop.

Look the season is over .we can only lose TWO more games this year just to equal lasts year's record that just  got us in the playoffs by the skin of our teeth and we still have to play the Patriots twice.

We have done great drafting and so so in pro player acquisitions, I'd rather have the picks.

Players that won't make an immediate difference are traded for all the time. Bills traded Kevon Seymour and Marshall Newhouse... neither of those guys are making an immediate difference. Teams do trade to get depth players or players that can fill certain roles. 

"You don't trade for players you hope will be good." Well, then what kinda players are you going to be drafting, then? It's the same thing. You take guys in the draft and hope that your staff can coach 'em up and develop them into solid players. You can also trade for a player that's maybe buried on a depth chart due to the talent in front of him and is just in need of a better opportunity elsewhere, and you do the same thing you do with a draft pick, hope that your coaches can get him on the same page as the rest of the team and hope he can contribute.

Front offices hope all their draft picks will be good, from round one to Mr. Irrelevant. They also hope that the players they may trade for will also come in and be good. It's pretty much the same thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

At what point do we stop selling good football players for unknown draft picks?

You can argue the Watkins and Dareus trades if you have a side on that but trading Shady and KB makes sense.  We don't have much else to trade so I doubt we'll be disappointed at this point.   It's not like we're going to trade Tre White or any other young player. 

11 minutes ago, White Linen said:

You can argue the Watkins and Dareus trades if you have a side on that but trading Shady and KB makes sense.  We don't have much else to trade so I doubt we'll be disappointed at this point.   It's not like we're going to trade Tre White or any other young player. 

They were not re-signing Sammy Watkins. Couldn’t afford it. Rams gave a lot to get him. Gaines rental and pick made the team Better last year and if Josh is good in the future. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

9 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Those three extra picks in the 4th,5th and 7th should really improve the roster. 

Nope.

I'm just speculating Bluesky but it wouldn't surprise me to see one or more of those picks used to move up to get a player.

Both Beane and McDermott seem willing to do that in the past.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Taron Johnson 4th round pick, Matt Milano 5th round pick just in the last two Bills drafts 

Matt Milano is not starting material,period.Once again he was horrible at the Colts...he get's caught out of position.far,far to often and he tends to drift to the middle like he did last year...his job is contain on the outside...watch some taped games again...you'll see what I'm talking about.Peace

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm just speculating Bluesky but it wouldn't surprise me to see one or more of those picks used to move up to get a player.

Both Beane and McDermott seem willing to do that in the past.

Great point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

“Auditioning” KB on a national stage vs Gilmore.... this gets Billsier by the minute 

ftr I don’t think this is how it works. It’s not like GMs don’t have film and only see KB if he plays on national tv 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Shady and a mid round pick for Foles. Dump Anderson and Peterman. I'm not a Foles fan but you could certainly do worse (and we have). We need someone who can play this year and be a mentor next year

So you are in favor of resigning Foles next year for what hes gonna command on the open market? Itll be insane to pay him $10mil + as a backup.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Auditioning” KB on a national stage vs Gilmore.... this gets Billsier by the minute 

ftr I don’t think this is how it works. It’s not like GMs don’t have film and only see KB if he plays on national tv 

Just like the Colts game,I think Anderson will target him a lot tonight.

56 minutes ago, WRONG JOSH said:

this. i wouldn't be surprised if McBean got it done as a straight up deal.

Edited by Foxx

46 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Matt Milano is not starting material,period.Once again he was horrible at the Colts...he get's caught out of position.far,far to often and he tends to drift to the middle like he did last year...his job is contain on the outside...watch some taped games again...you'll see what I'm talking about.Peace

Great point.

That's the same Matt Milano who was defensive player of the week a few games ago?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Those three extra picks in the 4th,5th and 7th should really improve the roster. 

Nope.

Taron Johnson has looked very good so far, and Siran Neal and Wyatt Teller still could by later this year or next. The picks can also be traded to move up. 

With all the Bills cap space next year, it would not be an outrageous idea to go after someone they have their eye on in FA whose deal expires at the end of the year or who is in year 2 or 3 of a five year deal and is not panning out for his current team. 

Tate for example is a $3.5 million rental for the rest of the year but the Bills have room to sign him to a large contract in the offseason. 

I would call the Broncos about Matt Paradis and the Cardinals about Mike Iupati. Both on expiring contracts.  Both better than what we have.  I would only make these two deals if the player agrees to an extension.  Start Free Agency now.  

• Like (+1) 2

The numbers don't support it but Shady is still a top 10 Playmaker imo. Just watch him play , still makes moves only he can execute and is usually the best guy on the field. 

If he gets dealt to a team with even a good passing attack, he could and will be an absolute monster. He's been one here since joining with a backup and rookie QB! 

Point being, they better get handsomely compensated, because Shady will be a huge addition.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Here are the updates:

Locked on Bills @LockedOnBills
FollowFollow @LockedOnBills
More
Replying to @calebtcullen

From what we've heard here, there is no immediate plans, however a great effort on MNF could change the compensation for a team. They still want a 2+3.

....must be NFL secret code for a 5th.........

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Not necessarily.  Depends on what position they play.

Depends which other teams will offer them a contract and for how much. They’ll be near the bottom of the pecking order for top offensive talent regardless of position. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Depends which other teams will offer them a contract and for how much. They’ll be near the bottom of the pecking order for top offensive talent regardless of position. 

I disagree when it comes to Offensive linemen and RBs. WRs/TEs?  You are right.  But perceived top talent and who Bills consider top talent might be two different things.  Micah Hyde is an example on the defensive side of the ball.

3 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I disagree when it comes to Offensive linemen and RBs. WRs/TEs?  You are right.  But perceived top talent and who Bills consider top talent might be two different things.  Micah Hyde is an example on the defensive side of the ball.

Kelvin Benjamin is an example on the offensive side of the ball

Nathan Peterman is an example on the offensive side of the ball

1 minute ago, purple haze said:

Put it this way; if the Bills are able to land an offensive player generally considered the best or second best available FA at his position I will be very surprised. I hope they do not pursue a FA RB ,as productive players at that position are commonly found in the middle draft rounds now.