Raiders now Shopping Derek Carr (?)

Raiders Shopping Derek Carr (?) Whats He Worth?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. If The Raiders are shopping Derek Carr Whats he Worth?

On 10/19/2018 at 5:01 PM, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

ESPN Talking heads said the Raiders are shopping Derek Carr and said he "might" be had for a 2nd. What do you think he's worth?

Gruden is a nutbucket

5 hours ago, fl az fan said:

What a strange twist of fate this would be for my Raiders fan brother. He is dumping the Raiders when they move to Vegas anyway but here is the irony if this trade were to occur. At the end of the 1966 season, the Bills shipped Daryle Lamonica off to Oakland. My brother (a huge fan of Daryle) started the 67 season as a Raiders homer. He actually moved to that area (for other reasons) and has been a season ticket holder for nearly 30 years. He is a big supporter of Carr and hates Davis and Chuckie. This would surely help his transition back to the Bills once the Raiders have skipped town!

My Son in LA likes Carr and loved Mack

hate Gruden

so do i then

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

well if he gets his guys it might work out.

sounds trendy. and familiar...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Some folks seem to think Carr's contract is too high, but from what I have heard, it is pretty manageable after this year. Then the problem becomes fitting in a 16M cap hit for this year. I don't know how you figure that one out. I think Carr has definitely regressed significantly. If he can return to form, that would be a good deal.

i don't know how they can redo the money, but carr and cooper could drastically turn around this franchise.  qb comp. next year.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

well if he gets his guys it might work out.

like kb for ajm.  send him, a 2nd this year and next for carr and cooper.

8 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i don't know how they can redo the money, but carr and cooper could drastically turn around this franchise.  qb comp. next year.

like kb for ajm.  send him, a 2nd this year and next for carr and cooper.

I am still in on Allen, I wouldn't trade Allen at this point. He could be great just needs time and weapons.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I am still in on Allen, I wouldn't trade Allen at this point. He could be great just needs time and weapons.

When he says qb comp. next year, I take that to imply Allen as part of the competition. I still believe he will be a very good pro if given time to develop and an adequate surrounding cast. Still not sold on any of our offensive coaches, either, for that matter.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i wouldn't think of trading allen.  send kb , a 2nd next year and a 2nd 2020 for carr and cooper.  next year have a qb battle possibly. it would be a good problem to have....

and we have some money to spend. i think we have 2 2nd rd. picks next year, i gotta look that up.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Its friendlier than it looks because Oakland will assume some dead cap. 

Like when Dareus went to Jacksonville, his cap hit wasn’t $16M like in Buffalo. It was $10M for Jax. 

Just about $48M of Carr’s $125M was paid out already. That would leave just over $77M over 4 years. 

I am not sure on this, but I think that would make his cap hit $19.33M at most. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/derek-carr-14445/

Does anyone know know for sure how you figure out what his cap hit would be if traded?   I took $125M. Subtracted the $47,675,000 already paid, then divided the remaining money ($77,325,000) by 4 (yrs). 

Seems every time an expert gives a cap number another one has a completely different one two seconds later

55 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Seems every time an expert gives a cap number another one has a completely different one two seconds later

All you need to do is take his cap hit and back out the already paid out money that’s been amortized (ie signing bonus)

bar napkin- the team that paid it keeps it on their books 

Edited by NoSaint

As much as it sucks to say this, he's easily worth more than what we gave up for Allen, no question.

The problem is can we really afford to give up such a large haul two years in a row? I don't know...but man, this Bills team would look a hell of a lot more dangerous with someone like Carr behind center.

13 hours ago, BigDingus said:

As much as it sucks to say this, he's easily worth more than what we gave up for Allen, no question.

The problem is can we really afford to give up such a large haul two years in a row? I don't know...but man, this Bills team would look a hell of a lot more dangerous with someone like Carr behind center.

Perhaps the center should be considered first ?

and the guards and the wrs. at least concurrently.

: )

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t even like Carr but if I was the Bills GM, I would give myself a life line here. I personally think Allen is terrible and I don’t really expect that to change. If a 2nd can get Carr, give yourself two shots at this thing here and maybe Beane can survive a miss on Allen. A smart team would take a shot here and at least give you a guy that can play while Allen learns. That being said, we won’t do it. We will put all our eggs in Allen’s basket and have a new coach, GM and QB by 2020

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

And that's why you're not a GM.

3 would be the absolute ceiling.

I would give Benjamin would need to move contracts this year to make this fit). 2018 2nd and a 2019 Conditional 3rd for Carr and Cooper. 

On 10/19/2018 at 11:40 PM, LittleJoeCartwright said:

The 2019 free agent class looks mediocre, although led by Golden Tate and Randall Cobb.   There's also Funchess, Terrell Pryor (again) and Enumwa.   I think Tate or Cobb would immediately be the Bills #1 receiver while the others, meh.

You can keep Golden Showers Tate......no thanks.

I honest to god see no way this thing gets turned around with these ***** in charge. Trading for Carr literally might be the 1 shot these guys have at changing things. Carr and Allen going into next year, is much different. 2 shots at finding a QB might actually restore some faith here. If this guy is really available, I think it would be the smartest thing the Bills could do. Again, I don’t like Carr that much but my god...compared to what we normally have? I don’t care what it means for THIS season. It’s the best move we can make for the next 3.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

And that's why you're not a GM.

3 would be the absolute ceiling.

This can’t be serious right? If you can get Carr for a 2nd and you are the Bills. A team that hasn’t had a good qb in 25 years....and you don’t do it?  What are we doing here? If a team gets him for a 2 and it’s not us, then that’s why we always suck

If you can get a talented, proven guy at a high profile position, why not pay up?  2 first rounders for Mack was a steal for the Bears.  I’d rather cough up a 2nd, but would be happy to give a 1st if that’s what gets Carr.

Thing is, we have Allen.  Unless he is out for the year, no way these guys pull the trigger and essentially concede Allen isn’t ready.  

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

:lol:

You're making a fool of yourself. Just stop, man.

The fact that you would not give up more than a 3rd round draft choice to have Derek Carr on your team and sit Josh Allen for at least a year or 2 is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board, and I'm not even kidding.

You're probably one of those people that would give up a first-rounder for a receiver before doing that.