Is anyone THAT upset being 0-2?

Steptide

This is the year of the QB for us.   That's just the reality.  McCarron didn't pan out, Beane should have signed Teddy Bridgewater instead, but he gambled on a guy who's entire pro career highlights were essentially throws to A.J. Green who obviously makes all qb's look great.    

So here we are starting a kid who isn't ready, but sure is fun to watch.  Big, tough, mobile--looked pretty good for a guy that's only played two years at a mid size college program.

Next year we have 10 picks and $100M in cap space.   So just accept what IS, and not what you thought we would be this year.    If it's not fun for you watch hockey or buy a Fitz tampa jersey.

• Like (+1) 3

Why should anyone be upset about the fact that the Bills are as far away from being Super Bowl contenders than at any time since the Harvey Johnson days? Why should they care about the Bills not having any proven talent beyond McCoy and a somewhat decent secondary? Why should anyone be bothered by the fact that 3 wins will likely be considered over-achieving for this assemblage of dreck?

50 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

It was too nice a day to spend it inside watching football when i could be on the water. Still listened to some of it simply because I was curious as to how JA would do. Other then that, i was having some fun in the sun on the water. Not bummed about the loss at all here. I am encouraged by JA's second half performance though.

you can do both.

Like I do. Water on Sat., alcohol on Sun..   lol

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

This is the year of the QB for us.   That's just the reality.  McCarron didn't pan out, Beane should have signed Teddy Bridgewater instead, but he gambled on a guy who's entire pro career highlights were essentially throws to A.J. Green who obviously makes all qb's look great.    

So here we are starting a kid who isn't ready, but sure is fun to watch.  Big, tough, mobile--looked pretty good for a guy that's only played two years at a mid size college program.

Next year we have 10 picks and $100M in cap space.   So just accept what IS, and not what you thought we would be this year.    If it's not fun for you watch hockey or buy a Fitz tampa jersey.

More posts, please. PLEASE I BEG OF YOU.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I found myself not caring at all that we lost yesterday. I was actually more excited to see Josh Allen's potential. 

Listening to the post game and even reading posts here, it seems most fans wernt THAT upset about it. This is a true re building year. We don't have that much talent at key positions. While I still want this team to win and turn it around this season, I'm fully pre pared for a 3 or 4 win season. 

I don’t really care, because as you say, we are rebuilding.

but it also helps, a LOT, that we made the playoffs last year. I’m still high off that. THE CURSE IS OVER!! Have a rough season now, and good things are coming when we have cap space. The future is bright!

Just now, BillsMafia13 said:

You calling out other fans maturity, ego, and narcissism  is so rich considering how opinionated you are.  

Difference between me and them is I know my opinions are opinions, and I'm not projecting my opinions as fact...or making some kind of lame demand for explanations from the team.

Don't know who you are, and therefore don't really put much stock in your criticism. But I'm confident enough to give you an explanation anyway.

Not upset they are 0 and 2.

But I’m upset with a few things:

1. How pathetic they have looked in those 2 games

2. How poorly they handled the QB situation

3. How poorly their FA acquisitions have been so far

4. Dabolls offence/play calling. I have little faith this guy is going to develop josh Allen

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

More posts, please. PLEASE I BEG OF YOU.

:lol:

The year of the qb.  W no line or WRs and with peterman to tutor our Rookie.  There is absolutely nothing to be upset at. This is exactly how every power house in the nfl has done it. 

Was hoping to grab 1 of the first 4 to keep some excitement alive.  With Minn/GB, doubt that happens and quite honestly, it's pathetic how bad they've looked.  

Fans of Buffalo and Arizona type teams should never be ok with how they've looked, even in a rebuilding year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

The year of the qb.  W no line or WRs and with peterman to tutor our Rookie.  There is absolutely nothing to be upset at. This is exactly how every power house in the nfl has done it. 

How could I have forgotten you?

Bye!

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Fans of Buffalo and Arizona type teams should never be ok with how they've looked, even in a rebuilding year.

This. Even mediocre franchises can avoid years where all the wheels fall off. It takes organizations that are truly inept to put the product on the field that the Bills are this year. It isn't easy not to have a roster full of players when only one of them, McCoy, would start, let alone be a force, for any other team in the league. That takes ineptitude to epic levels.

28 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

If it's a burn year why sign Star to a big contract? Why sign Murphy to a starter contract? Why sign Davis to any contract?

Because those players combined with the players that will be brought in NEXT year will end up being a good team......I would rather watch Star then I would Adolphus Washington who gets pushed all over the field

By the way....not sure if you noticed it but Murphy actually did not have that bad of a game yesterday......he WAS getting pressure on the QB he isnt Joey Bosa and he is not getting paid like a Joey Bosa type talent......

27 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Yes as there was no need for thiis.

It's all been self inflicted.

I dunno but alot of teams have been better and won Super Bowls after being a middling 8-8, 7-9 or 9-7 the year prior without having to blow the whole thing up. 

As a matter of fact I cant recall the last team that won a SB after a complete tear down and rebuild.

Does that even work in the NFL?

Thank you.  Tear-down rebuilds are not how it’s done in the NFL.  Teams rebuild on the fly and it is a league designed for parity.  Anyone selling you that we need to tear it down and start over to be good is full of it.  If this team goes 1-15 or 0-16 it will be because of incompetence, not as the residue of some grand plan or process.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Because those players combined with the players that will be brought in NEXT year will end up being a good team......I would rather watch Star then I would Adolphus Washington who gets pushed all over the field

By the way....not sure if you noticed it but Murphy actually did not have that bad of a game yesterday......he WAS getting pressure on the QB he isnt Joey Bosa and he is not getting paid like a Joey Bosa type talent......

He still hasn't clarified which Murphy he was talking about.

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I get the WR angle, but there were guys open and not thrown too, underthrown and overthrown.  Plus KB caught Zay's stone hands. 

Where's O'Leary when you need him!

I guess my point is, from the looks of this roster, most of the players that would be on our next playoff team are not on the team now. It's not encouraging.

I found myself not caring at all that we lost yesterday. I was actually more excited to see Josh Allen's potential. 

Listening to the post game and even reading posts here, it seems most fans wernt THAT upset about it. This is a true re building year. We don't have that much talent at key positions. While I still want this team to win and turn it around this season, I'm fully pre pared for a 3 or 4 win season. 

Not upset that we lost.  But I am upset about the manner in which we have lost the first two games.  They have not looked competitive at all, and it's really depressing to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, R Y G A R said:

I'm already looking at 2019 mock drafts =D

14 more fun-filled games of excitement still to go

you'll pay for the whole seat, but you'll only be using 1/3 of it due to the excitement

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Anyone with a smidgen of patience and common sense isn't upset today.

If I’m not mistake you predicted 9 wins easily. Now it’s common sense that this was to be expected?

You went from expecting 9 wins to totally being fine being the laughing stock of the league?

I'm not upset about the W-L record per se, but I am upset about the way the Bills played last week and in the first half.

As I've said elsewhere, there's a difference between a loss - you can lose because of 1 to 3 mistake plays in an overall strong effort - and being embarrassed by a large scale and consistent display of incompetence in all 3 phases of the game.

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

If I’m not mistake you predicted 9 wins easily. Now it’s common sense that this was to be expected?

You went from expecting 9 wins to totally being fine being the laughing stock of the league?

It's kind of like the inverse of last year for me. At the start of last year, I desperately wanted them to tank. Then playoff fever took over.

This year, I wanted to them to build off last year. But now tank fever and visions of #1 overall are dancing in the head.

Edit: and frankly, I didn't foresee this kind of defensive struggle.

Edited by joesixpack

2 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

Not upset that we lost.  But I am upset about the manner in which we have lost the first two games.  They have not looked competitive at all, and it's really depressing to watch.

I'm worried guys like Tre White will get disillusioned. Makes the playoffs in a stellar rookie year. Couldn't make an impact to help win the game if he played like Deion Sanders.

It creates a losing culture if Tre White steps on the field knowing he'll lose and there's nothing he can do about it.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Again this is hope. No proof this will actually happen.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

It's kind of like the inverse of last year for me. At the start of last year, I desperately wanted them to tank. Then playoff fever took over.

This year, I wanted to them to build off last year. But now tank fever and visions of #1 overall are dancing in the head.

We are going through the rough part of our schedule

I need to see what the team looks like against the "middling" teams in our schedule before I can even get a sense of what our record might be.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

is there a particular player at #1 overall that would be the prize at this stage? Serious question, cause that would be amazing to get another Bruce Smith, but I don't follow college football and assume it'll be in flux until March.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

is there a particular player at #1 overall that would be the prize at this stage? Serious question, cause that would be amazing to get another Bruce Smith, but I don't follow college football and assume it'll be in flux until March.

Well, I'd be more excited for #1 because of the potential bounty it would bring in picks. Say we could move from 1 to 3 and pick up a 2020 1, a couple twos and a three. That would be outstanding.

• Like (+1) 1