Is anyone THAT upset being 0-2?

Steptide

10 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

is there a particular player at #1 overall that would be the prize at this stage? Serious question, cause that would be amazing to get another Bruce Smith, but I don't follow college football and assume it'll be in flux until March.

there's a few that could be #1 at this point in time

Just now, joesixpack said:

Well, I'd be more excited for #1 because of the potential bounty it would bring in picks. Say we could move from 1 to 3 and pick up a 2020 1, a couple twos and a three. That would be outstanding.

That's what I was thinking. A quarterback some poor team at #20 is salivating for to give us the bounty. 

But I'd rather have the next Bruce Smith!

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

That's what I was thinking. A quarterback some poor team at #20 is salivating for to give us the bounty. 

As would I. And that would be Nick Bosa. But, I'm not sure that's the right move.

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'm worried guys like Tre White will get disillusioned. Makes the playoffs in a stellar rookie year. Couldn't make an impact to help win the game if he played like Deion Sanders.

It creates a losing culture if Tre White steps on the field knowing he'll lose and there's nothing he can do about it.

McDermott obviously valued character very highly in filling this team out.  This is when that character needs to shine.  People like Tre White etc. need to be leaders and keep everyone on track, working that grind daily trying to improve despite the results.  I hope their collective mental toughness is enough to withstand this season

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

Thank you.  Tear-down rebuilds are not how it’s done in the NFL.  Teams rebuild on the fly and it is a league designed for parity.  Anyone selling you that we need to tear it down and start over to be good is full of it.  If this team goes 1-15 or 0-16 it will be because of incompetence, not as the residue of some grand plan or process.

Teams that go from mediocre to playoff runs have legit QB's. The Jags had 6 years of drafting in the top five picks. Even up to last year they were picking in the top 5. That was an overhaul. Bortles was border line bust until he progressed and the Jags got him offensive weapons while adding to their defense. 

everyone evaluates differently and has different expectations. I for one am trusting the long term process.  before a game was played I was treating this season from a "house money" approach.  Among my considerations were the realization we lost 3/5 of our OL, we have one of the worst WR groups, dead money galore, the QB situation, and more roster turnover.  You don't have to like the plan, but to me, this is all going according to plan.  Sure they'd love to overachieve again this year, but to assume that will happen I believe is an error.  As is having expectations of a winning season.

Complain about the effort and not being competitive... i understand that... I'm just not there.

16 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I dont see any team that would be that desperate for a QB to move up to #1 or 2. Most teams have a QB unless they are going to draft someone to sit behind their aging starter. Never know though.....there may be a QB or a player a team is in love with. 

1 minute ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I dont see any team that would be that desperate for a QB to move up to #1 or 2. Most teams have a QB unless they are going to draft someone to sit behind their aging starter. Never know though.....there may be a QB or a player a team is in love with. 

I'm hoping the Giants squeeze out too many wins and Eli retires. That team would be like.. Redskins for RGIII desperate

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not upset in the slightest. I had hoped for a good year but let's be real, our team doesn't have a ton of talent. If anything this year I will enjoy most is watching the new crop of player's ( Tre White, Josh Allen, Harrison Phillips, Tremaine Edmunds) and I won't feel as if I'm missing something if I end up missing a game. It is almost liberating.

When we made the playoffs last year, I naively thought this may be the beginning of a playoff streak.  

Then Wood retired and Incognito did whatever he did.

Then I looked at our remaining roster.

Then I looked at our dead cap money.

Then I looked at how little we're spending on this year's players.

And then, finally, I embraced more realistic expectations.

If Edmunds and Allen both look like emerging stars by the end of this season, I'll be happy regardless of the win total.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

definately a punch bowl pisser.

Please do let me know if your at any of my partys.....I will BMOB

Jokes on you, we're here to talk about the Bills. I'm not drafting players. I don't sign free agents. I know it's easier for dreamers to blame someone. I actually feel sorry for you.

15 minutes ago, boater said:

I don't mind the losing. I DO mind the blowouts.

Vikings spread is 16 points. I've never seen anything like it.

16 points is absurd. I remember back in 07 when the Patriots were on their winning streak and we played them on Sunday night the spread was 10. We lost by 46 of I remember right. So this week we should theoretically lose by 60

2 hours ago, nucci said:

amazing how so many just accept losing with the hope we may have a decent team in 3-4 years

Yep, it's actually sickening.  I've never seen a franchise that has fans conditioned to think this way.  Anyone with any kind of objectivity could see that this team was putrid when all positions of need were neglected and ignored this offseason.  This coming off of a playoff year, in which the AFC was absolutely horrible. 

Think about it this way.  The Bills could easily be the only team in the AFC that didn't get better.  Easily the only team that didn't get better or at least stay the same.

Jets - Better

Dolphins - Better

Pats - Still good.

Pittsburgh - Still good

Ravens - Better

Browns - Better

Bengals - Better

Broncos - Better

Oakland - Better

KC - Better

SD - Same/Decent

Indy - Better

Houston - Better

Tenn - Same/Decent

Jax - Better

And we just gave up a year......and for what?  Are we the first team in NFL history to tank a season for a Non-QB first overall pick next year, even though we still don't know what we have at QB?

Garbage

36 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'm hoping the Giants squeeze out too many wins and Eli retires. That team would be like.. Redskins for RGIII desperate

I think the Giants Oline is as bad as the Bills Oline. Eli might not make it to the end of the season. He was getting hammered. 

Just now, BillsfanAZ said:

I think the Giants Oline is as bad as the Bills Oline. Eli might not make it to the end of the season. He was getting hammered. 

They tried to "address" it by drafting like.. one round 2 guard with mostly the same other guys

33 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

When we made the playoffs last year, I naively thought this may be the beginning of a playoff streak.  

Then Wood retired and Incognito did whatever he did.

Then I looked at our remaining roster.

Then I looked at our dead cap money.

Then I looked at how little we're spending on this year's players.

And then, finally, I embraced more realistic expectations.

If Edmunds and Allen both look like emerging stars by the end of this season, I'll be happy regardless of the win total.  

thanks for the downer    ;)  :)

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Teams that go from mediocre to playoff runs have legit QB's. The Jags had 6 years of drafting in the top five picks. Even up to last year they were picking in the top 5. That was an overhaul. Bortles was border line bust until he progressed and the Jags got him offensive weapons while adding to their defense. 

We’ll see Bortles played the game of his life yesterday. He’s gotta do it more than once to prove he’s  finally figured it out. 

1 minute ago, nucci said:

I'm hopeful even though it looks ugly now...not easy to rebuild from 3-4 win season

There are some nice precedents.

2008 packers suffered though a 6-10 season with Rodgers after 13-3 with Favre.  Two seasons later they’re hoisting  a Lombardi.

Manning won three games his rookie year, then went on to 15 winning seasons out of  16 seasons he played... 

Live fire learning and all the mistakes are the most painful but effective way to accelerate the learning curve. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

We are going through the rough part of our schedule

I need to see what the team looks like against the "middling" teams in our schedule before I can even get a sense of what our record might be.

The Chargers and Ravens are middling teams. 

I think for most fans, expectations were so low that the reality of this team being hot garbage doesn't hurt.

We have pretty much all concluded this is a lost, non-playoff year, by Week 2.

The theory is that this is for the long term good of the team, so it is OK.

That remains to be seen.  If Allen doesn't come around, this is just a good old fashioned Bills disaster.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

I found myself not caring at all that we lost yesterday. I was actually more excited to see Josh Allen's potential. 

Listening to the post game and even reading posts here, it seems most fans wernt THAT upset about it. This is a true re building year. We don't have that much talent at key positions. While I still want this team to win and turn it around this season, I'm fully pre pared for a 3 or 4 win season. 

I fully expected a loss, having the same hope for the future too.  I actually trust the process McDermott preaches even more today.  I think everyone needs to take a step back and look at what happened to the offensive line in the off-season and understand that it happened so fast, and probably after a full draft strategy had already been formulated.  there are so many thin spots on this team, there really weren't any opportunities to fix the O-line.  I think any avid football fan knew we were in for a rough ride this year.

• Like (+1) 1