Is anyone THAT upset being 0-2?

Steptide

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

I think for most fans, expectations were so low that the reality of this team being hot garbage doesn't hurt.

We have pretty much all concluded this is a lost, non-playoff year, by Week 2.

The theory is that this is for the long term good of the team, so it is OK.

That remains to be seen.  If Allen doesn't come around, this is just a good old fashioned Bills disaster.

We need to draft the next Bruce and Thurman in 2019 :)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nucci said:

amazing how so many just accept losing with the hope we may have a decent team in 3-4 years

And how do you not accept it?  By coming on a message board?  There is zero we can do about it.  It sucks im not saying it doesnt and the constant rebuild is getting old.  Both whether we accept it or not doesnt mean a thing...we dont run the team.  All a fan can do is decide not to spend money on the product.

15 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

By then they will be so beaten down 0-16 is a possibility.

it's seems so hard to go 0-16 if you care at all, you have to face some visiting team that is hurt or totally quit on the season at some point

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Skins Malone said:

And how do you not accept it?  By coming on a message board?  There is zero we can do about it.  It sucks im not saying it doesnt and the constant rebuild is getting old.  Both whether we accept it or not doesnt mean a thing...we dont run the team.  All a fan can do is decide not to spend money on the product.

So, is there zero we can do about it or decide to not spend money on the product? Not sure what coming on a message board has to do with it....I'm on here to vent....much like everyone else

I don't like it one bit.  Going from playoffs (luck/skill take your pick) to hiddeously worst in the league shows total and utter ineptness IMHO.

Yeah I know rebuild blah blah blah.  But this is a big ask for season ticket holders or people who live in other cities and buy DirectTV or whatever to watch the games.

I have seasons and fly all the way across the country, stay in hotels, and stay with in laws for a whole week to go to a couple of games. And now I gotta watch this?  It's also gonna be a hit on all the loyal Bills Bars around the country who will take in the shorts in November/December when last year they were rockin'.  It didn't have to be this bad.  We were 2 games over .500 the last 4 years with one playoff appearance.  We weren't some bottom rung team spinning our wheels.

What happened to re build while winning?  Seemed to work last year. I don't hear that so much anymore. 

Beane is starting to remind me of Robert Preston character in the Music Man.   Come in, make huge promises and then fail miserably to deliver.  We'll see if he can deliver next year I guess.  My concern now is that with all this losing and looking silly, we'll get into a situation like when Schoebel quit.  We'll have to dump more guys because they don't "buy in".  Putting us further behind.

It's a treadmill approach.  Run off good guys and replace them with guys that aren't as good to get more good guys later.  Let the birds in your hand go to get better birds from the bush.

i was not raised as a Bills fan but due to love of a good woman I became one in 1996.  We rooted for another team when growing up.  I was taught to try to win EVERY game.  Losing is for losers.  The whole notion of losing on purpose so you might be better someday down the road is foreign and repugnant to me.  So I have a hard time with this whole Tank/rebuild nonsense. 

It'll all come down to if they can draft/sign FAs very effectively.

If they are good, they should be able to get us back to 2014 levels by 2020 if Josh Allen turns out to be as good as Kyle Orton (far from a given).

THEY BETTER BE GOOD

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

So, is there zero we can do about it or decide to not spend money on the product? Not sure what coming on a message board has to do with it....I'm on here to vent....much like everyone else

Im just saying your calling pll out for accepting a bad season...im asking how you are not accepting it?  By venting on a message board?  

Edited by Skins Malone

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

Because your emotions matter, right?

1 minute ago, Skins Malone said:

Im just saying your calling pll out for accepting a bad season...im asking how you are not accepting it?  By venting on a message board?  

For now, yes....is that a problem?

Just now, joesixpack said:

Because your emotions matter, right?

to me they do

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's seems so hard to go 0-16 if you care at all, you have to face some visiting team that is hurt or totally quit on the season at some point

I am just having a little fun on over reaction Monday ;)

I actually predicted 10-6 before the season started.

26 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

SO glad I didn't attend. Hot football games are just not fun, especially in the cheap seats.

I agree about the game, but the annual tailgate and seeing friends is the only reason I even GO to the home opener!.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I believe Beane and McDermott are a package deal.  They will either succeed or fail together. 

Plenty of previous regimes/HC's had their shot at this since Wade Phillips in '99, and whiffed so bad that by default McD has bought himself an extra few years. I don't think anybody can argue that McD was able to get the season turned around after the Chargers game (winning a tough one on the road in KC the following week), admitting to his locker room that what he'd tried hadn't worked, and got a bunch of no talents to overachieve beyond their pay grades--also a big reason why Kyle Williams decided to come back for one more run after buying in, and he's had the hindsight/benefit of living through truly awful coaching when he's seen it during his career, no? At least McD has the kahonies to admit when he's gotten something wrong, and not stick with such a bad decision over the course of a whole season, just to try to save his own ego. Peterman became a Thursday All-American during the off-season: full-go when everyone else was jogging, and that had even a bunch of posters on these boards saying it was the right call to say he'd won an open competition and save Allen for after the brutal opening stretch of games. Now that we know different, it's not like McD hasn't owned it--he immediately (again) tried to rectify the situation. He's in year 2 of his first HC gig, and the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. Let's see what happens after adjustments have been made going into the next couple weeks. Much of the roster's dumpster fire that happened in the off-season I'm sure was not part of what he wanted either.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nucci said:

amazing how so many just accept losing with the hope we may have a decent team in 3-4 years

It all comes down to expectations. I have been saying "Wait until next year" since the Bills lost to Kansas City in 1967 and did not go to the first Super Bowl.

I would spend the off season optimistically thinking it would be better next year.

I guess I am worn down!

I try to watch every game (or DVR it). I go to as many games as I want, but the only thing I expect for a season any more is that the Buffalo Bills will play 16 games. 

Anything beyond that means they EXCEED my expectations.

I wear my Bills shirt on Monday. I try not to look at next year UNTIL next year. I try to stay emotionally detached post-game after a loss. 

I am a Bills fan and always will be. This is how I survive!  :w00t:

I wasn't that upset. Interested in seeing Allen's play. 

Before the season I said they'd win five games and at best win two of their first eight. So they are on schedule for that. It sucks but that is where we are. It's not much fun being a Bills fan. 

Edited by Dr. K

11 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I wasn't that upset. Interested in seeing Allen's play. 

Before the season I said they'd win five games and at best win two of their first eight. So they are on schedule for that. It sucks but that is where we are. It's not much fun being a Bills fan. 

good your 5-11 prediction is holding up

22 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Newsflash: The Washington Post, in discussing the Redskins today, referred to the Bills as being "ridiculously awful."  Our little secret is apparently out.

They also had a feature story on the Vontae vault.

They thought beating AZ was a huge feat and after losing to the Colts big time they don’t have much to brag about.  

Not to mention the WP hardly has anything good to say about the Bills. 

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Plenty of previous regimes/HC's had their shot at this since Wade Phillips in '99, and whiffed so bad that by default McD has bought himself an extra few years. I don't think anybody can argue that McD was able to get the season turned around after the Chargers game (winning a tough one on the road in KC the following week), admitting to his locker room that what he'd tried hadn't worked, and got a bunch of no talents to overachieve beyond their pay grades--also a big reason why Kyle Williams decided to come back for one more run after buying in, and he's had the hindsight/benefit of living through truly awful coaching when he's seen it during his career, no? At least McD has the kahonies to admit when he's gotten something wrong, and not stick with such a bad decision over the course of a whole season, just to try to save his own ego. Peterman became a Thursday All-American during the off-season: full-go when everyone else was jogging, and that had even a bunch of posters on these boards saying it was the right call to say he'd won an open competition and save Allen for after the brutal opening stretch of games. Now that we know different, it's not like McD hasn't owned it--he immediately (again) tried to rectify the situation. He's in year 2 of his first HC gig, and the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. Let's see what happens after adjustments have been made going into the next couple weeks. Much of the roster's dumpster fire that happened in the off-season I'm sure was not part of what he wanted either.  

I like this summary, decisive moves by McD,

The speed of Josh Allens development was just increased greatly by Bills HC McDermott.

It was a gutsy decision that anyone who wanted to see Allen sooner vs later should appreciate in my humble opinion.

Myself personally, big fan of the QB position and we have waited so long for a QB to come along like this,

win or lose as long as Allen stays healthy and improves from week to week,

I for one am going to enjoy it...

Edited by Figster

Amazingly not upset at being 2 and 0.

Very upset with the blow outs.

Terribly upset that there is now evidence mounting that McBean are not displaying sound judgement in the players they are signing. 

I am at a point that I think of "the process" as just bull ****.

The time is fast approaching for McBean to "SHOW US THE MONEY"!

• Like (+1) 1

I don't care about being 0-2. What I care about is after how much draft capital and assets we put into getting a hopeful franchise QB...which I'm totally fine with...but then completely neglecting any kind of protection for him. That's not going to change in 1 year either. There honestly might not be a single legitimate starter on this o-line, and it's a problem when it might seriously hinder Josh Allen's development this year. I always said I didn't care about the record this year, I just wanted to see a plan and progression, and what I feared about having a lost year of development is what it looks like we're going to see. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just think of the players off the bickering Bills that McBean would have gotten rid of

Bruce

Jim

Darryl

Biscut

Andre

You can't just get rid of talented players in the name of process and replace them with nothing. I was on board in the beginning but the start to this season has me really questioning what is going on here.

There still was no need to tear it all down, none whatsoever. If McBean feels he was incapable of expanding and attempting to make better a 9-7 playoff team then I don't know if I would trust him to rebuild anything.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
5 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Anyone with a smidgen of patience and common sense isn't upset today.

We've patient for two decades and if Josh Allen doesn't pan out, this tram.is going to be bottom 5 for at least 3 years.

I'm not giving up on this regime but people have a right to criticize and just don't have to accept that McBean knows what they are doing.  It is very possible that they are just another in a long list of failed regimes in a couple of years.

We just have to hope that at some point the organization pursues the same goals that the fans have.  Fans want/expect solid football play and a reasonable number of wins each season.  The organization is a business and business lives for profit.  

Fortunately, for the organization, basic NFL profit isn't connected to the product on the field.  TV money, continuing sales of season tickets no matter the product quality, ancillary income streams, e.g., parking fees, permit the organization a great degree of "freedom" to stray from the fans' goals.