NFL Week 1 ?? takes

Kirby Jackson

46 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s why it is called hot takes. It’s basically things that you believe that are supported with limited evidence. I’ve never thought that Derek Carr was very good and I think that this is the year that it gets exposed.

I’m with you on this one .  Always thought that Carr would regress to the mean .   Injuriy has been used as an excuse for the past season.  Now we get to see how he does without that crutch.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'll say this. 

They wouldnt have gotten beat 47-3 against Baltimore. 

I think they can win 9 or 10 if Darnold doesn't get too turnover happy. I'm sure he will have his moments where he turns the ball over 3 or 4 times a game two or three, maybe four times this year. Still I think the Jets will be in the WC race until week 17. Defense is real good and they have solid pieces in place on offense. 

Def disagree.

Darnold doesn't come across at all like Sanchez. He will he loads better.

47- 21,28,31 ? Doesn't matter as I don't buy into moral victories. A loss is a loss by any margin. I acknowledge that they are in a better situation right now than the Bills but that's not saying much at this point. I agree with you that Darnold looks legit and will come along nicely if the D and O line keep producing. I have no doubt he was the QB we targeted before the Jets leap frogged us in the draft and though I like Allen I'm sure he was their consolation prize.

The highly touted Rams defense isn't nearly as good as it should be with all those high priced stars. The Rams offense not that great either. 

The Bears defense looked so much better this year with a Mack attack! OTOH, the Raiders defense didn't look at that bad without him and they now have 3 first round picks! 

#1 -- Brandon Beane sprained his index finger working the phones for the last 36 hours straight and the only thing he brought to the park is Orchard. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in Buffalo so he better find OL help asap.

#2 -- Ducasse was just fitted with a medic alert bracelet.  "Help I've been pancaked and I can't get up!"

#3 -- Josh Allen practicing this week in a suit of armor. Can still throw harder than Peterman. 

#4 -- Kelvin Benjamin had hand surgery to replace his fingers with velcro. Petitioning the league to make velcro lined balls. 

#5 -- Speaking of Balls. McDermott offers $500 reward for anyone who can locate and re-attach his. (Name Allen the Starter or join the cast of Transparent.)

Edited by BillsRdue

5 hours ago, Mark92 said:

I honestly believe Beane would trade this pick if it's #1.

As well he should. We are going to need a lot of high picks to draft WRs, OTs, and pass rushing DEs.

Unless Allen suffers a very serious injury, they won't need a qb but someone will and they will  be willing to pay dearly. We could stockpile early picks for at least 2 years.

Ya see, I ain't all about being negative. :)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Jeezus what's with all the Jets love around here? Yes, they played well against a team that is basically on the same level as the Bills. But no, let's give all the credit to how good they looked against Detroit instead of how God awful Stafford looked. Do you really think they would've had the same success against Baltimore in the pouring rain? If you wanna crown they a$$ then crown em! __RIP Dennis Green...

Look, I'm not hating, though I do hate the Jets. They've put some pieces in place and are ready to compete moreso than our Bills but you're kidding yourself if you think this team is better than 8 wins. Remember they play a lot of the tough teams we have to play as well and though they may pose more of a threat I still expect them to lose.

That's baloney, No Jets love here but they looked well coached, prepared, and disciplined.  They're not going to be an easy win for ANYONE this year, and might very well be the 2nd best team in the AFCE..

Tim-