Embedded #4

Chandler#81

I just wish they'd do more of these - going in to the season...  It is nice to see how the team comes together - whether it is a Pizza eating contest, or congratulating each other for a job well done.

Win or Lose, they are doing it right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"Its hard to win in the NFL"...lol, surprised that has gotten blasted around yet.

Excellent episode again, and man I love this staff, they are the right ones for this team IMO.  Big fans of McD and Beane so far, even if we take a step back this year in our push for setting this team up for the future.

• Like (+1) 3

Might have been thr best episode yet, and that is saying something. Excellent series. 

I am beyond impressed with Sean McDermott. I have said it before, but I’ll say it again -he is a leader of men. I truly feel that we got the right coach this time. There will be mistakes and things that he can do better. But he will figure it out. 

I think back to that quote Steve Tasked shared from Dan Rooney. 

Rooney said “you just hire the smartest guy you can find and you support him until he figures it out”. I think that quote applies perfectly to Sean McDermott. 

One of the best things about SM is that he isn’t set in his ways like some veteran coaches are. He’s constantly willing to adapt and learn. He doesn’t think he has it all figured out. He knows he has to keep improving every day, just like his players do. 

Another great quote by Dan Rooney that makes me think of Sean McDermott -

“But you don’t see Bill Belichick calling plays. He’s just taking notes after things happen. That’s what a head coach does. He manages the staff. He points them in the right direction, maybe some specific instructions about what he likes and doesn’t like. A head coach does very little football coaching. He coaches people. He’s a life coach both for his staff and for his players. His job is to get more out of people than they think they’ve got to give.”

I don’t know what this season will bring, but I think that the Bills are set up for long term success with Sean McDermott as our head coach. 

• Like (+1) 7

12 minutes ago, TPS said:

Was that Keuchly who said to McD, "that dude is a freakazoid!" About Tremaine, then they cut to a shot of him--he looked like the a predator.

That was noteworthy I thought. All of these guys are specimens but Keuchly sounded in awe of Edmunds. "Dudes arms touch his knees while he's standing". 

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Was that Keuchly who said to McD, "that dude is a freakazoid!" About Tremaine, then they cut to a shot of him--he looked like the a predator.

I think we all smile a little when arguably the best MLB in the game calls the Bills MLB a freakzoid....Edmunds is starting to look like Tarzan and play like Tarzan...

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Might have been thr best episode yet, and that is saying something. Excellent series. 

I am beyond impressed with Sean McDermott. I have said it before, but I’ll say it again -he is a leader of men. I truly feel that we got the right coach this time. There will be mistakes and things that he can do better. But he will figure it out. 

I think back to that quote Steve Tasked shared from Dan Rooney. 

Rooney said “you just hire the smartest guy you can find and you support him until he figures it out”. I think that quote applies perfectly to Sean McDermott. 

One of the best things about SM is that he isn’t set in his ways like some veteran coaches are. He’s constantly willing to adapt and learn. He doesn’t think he has it all figured out. He knows he has to keep improving every day, just like his players do. 

Another great quote by Dan Rooney that makes me think of Sean McDermott -

“But you don’t see Bill Belichick calling plays. He’s just taking notes after things happen. That’s what a head coach does. He manages the staff. He points them in the right direction, maybe some specific instructions about what he likes and doesn’t like. A head coach does very little football coaching. He coaches people. He’s a life coach both for his staff and for his players. His job is to get more out of people than they think they’ve got to give.”

I don’t know what this season will bring, but I think that the Bills are set up for long term success with Sean McDermott as our head coach. 

Well said.

Coach McDermott has a big presence..as opposed to Rex who had a big personality.  Big difference...

• Like (+1) 2

That helped redeem me from the brink a little. Dion is certainly asserting himself as a leader and was also out for the Cinncy game. I don’t think he value can be understated. Not quite sure what he meant when he said “I’m going to juice you the F up” to peterman at the end though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Yes it was. Let's hope Tremaine can become even half as good as Luke. It's been awhile since we have had a stud linebacker.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Caption this (during Bodine's speech)

image.thumb.png.a47bc91b6526e0f4ee43e78af42a15b3.png

image.thumb.png.93d7f67b77853d9a89f8b9a8ff2e3ae9.png

Allen:  How'd I get that scab on my leg..

Daboll:  Damn, another e-mail from Coach Saban pimping AJ....

Peterman:  Russ seems to have a limited vocabulary

AJ:  I haven't heard that many F-Bombs since Coach Nick's last pre-game speech

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

That helped redeem me from the brink a little. Dion is certainly asserting himself as a leader and was also out for the Cinncy game. I don’t think he value can be understated. Not quite sure what he meant when he said “I’m going to juice you the F up” to peterman at the end though.

Obviously, he was talking about steroids. Gotta bulk Nate up so he doesn’t get killed

playing behind this O line... 

lol j/k.

2 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Never mind, it is. 

It would be really cool if the Bills could be on the Amazon series: All or Nothing 

Did you watch the Manchester City one?

Now Pep Guardiola, that is a mother!@#$ing coach. I'm not even a city fan and I love that dude. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

I just binge-watched the 4 episodes for the first time.

I didn't know how awesome these are! Holy ****.

Love it.

"Kyle Williams!"

Who's the DL coach? Is he good? From the video, he doesn't seem to deliver a focused message and he's talking about intangibles while the other position coaches are referring to specific performance factors.

I also didn't like the way Juan Castillo talked. Just soft and vague. It would annoy me. I wonder what the players think of him.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Different episode "The Progression":

JA to Daboll: "How far do you think it is to the 238 sign?  If I run for a touchdown, I'm gonna try to throw it over.  Do you think I can do that?"

Daboll (eye roll): "How about you just try to focus on tonight's practice?"

You can't get more Uncle Rico than that.

"How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?"

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I just binge-watched the 4 episodes for the first time.

I didn't know how awesome these are! Holy ****.

Love it.

"Kyle Williams!"

Who's the DL coach? Is he good? From the video, he doesn't seem to deliver a focused message and he's talking about intangibles while the other position coaches are referring to specific performance factors.

I also didn't like the way Juan Castillo talked. Just soft and vague. It would annoy me. I wonder what the players think of him.

You can't get more Uncle Rico than that.

"How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?"

As far as the juan Castillo thing goes I'm not sure how he still has a job, this series and preseason reaffirms that notion.

15 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

As far as the juan Castillo thing goes I'm not sure how he still has a job, this series and preseason reaffirms that notion.

I’m not really defending Castillo because I know nothing about his coaching style,  but he’s not exactly working with a lot of talent. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

So from everything I read, young players seem to love him and he is a great teacher. He is able develop linemen. But he wants things done in very specific ways. Therefore, veterans who work with him ussually dislike hime, because he forces them to do it his way. The best example I could find was Eugene Monroe. This is what he said about Castillo: 

"Juan likes to develop young players, because that's what he did in Philly," McKinnie said. "He is a good coach and he does help you with your technique, but he wants it done a certain way. My thing is everybody doesn't have the exact same talent or learn things the same way. I don't feel like you can coach everybody exactly the same, not everyone is going to react the same.

"Five individuals can't do the same thing instead of trying to make everybody a robot. You need to learn about your players and know their strengths and weaknesses and coach them that way. Juan is highly rated, but it takes time to adjust to what he's looking for."

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-08-15/sports/bs-sp-ravens-juan-castillo-0815-20140814_1_andy-moeller-juan-castillo-bernard-pierce

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good episode but I thought it was the weakest of the four so far.  WAY too much time spent on the pizza eating contest.  Also, I wish these were more timely, as this one focused on the Carolina game, which was almost a month ago.  Still a great series, but they need to be at least a half-hour long and a bit more timely.

5 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Wow, Mrs Clay looks damn fine in her Bills gear

Yes, one of the best scenes.

Also loved the McD, "Thanks for keeping it PG", comment to Bodine.

Sucks that it was the last episode...

Edited by ricojes

9 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So from everything I read, young players seem to love him and he is a great teacher. He is able develop linemen. But he wants things done in very specific ways. Therefore, veterans who work with him ussually dislike hime, because he forces them to do it his way. The best example I could find was Eugene Monroe. This is what he said about Castillo: 

"Juan likes to develop young players, because that's what he did in Philly," McKinnie said. "He is a good coach and he does help you with your technique, but he wants it done a certain way. My thing is everybody doesn't have the exact same talent or learn things the same way. I don't feel like you can coach everybody exactly the same, not everyone is going to react the same.

"Five individuals can't do the same thing instead of trying to make everybody a robot. You need to learn about your players and know their strengths and weaknesses and coach them that way. Juan is highly rated, but it takes time to adjust to what he's looking for."

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-08-15/sports/bs-sp-ravens-juan-castillo-0815-20140814_1_andy-moeller-juan-castillo-bernard-pierce

Sounds like McDermont should have Juan take a couple education classes in the offseason if he retains him after this year. Would do wonders for his ability to coach. Everyone is an individual, and everyone learns differently. If Juan can't figure out how to get the best out of each player and develop them the way they learn best, he needs to go. 

3 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Sounds like McDermont should have Juan take a couple education classes in the offseason if he retains him after this year. Would do wonders for his ability to coach. Everyone is an individual, and everyone learns differently. If Juan can't figure out how to get the best out of each player and develop them the way they learn best, he needs to go. 

Agreed. I think that is the problem with some of the dinosaur coaches. The ones who don't adapt to their players really can't function anymore. Tom Coughlin had to change his ways to be affective. As much as I hate BB, he does put his players in the best position to be effective.