Season Excitement?

ngbills

I'm probably a 6/10.  We are supposed to be the worst team in the league, so expectations are obviously low.  I'm curious to see if McDermott is some sort of wizard and gets the team to play greater than the sum of its parts.  Also interested to see how Peterman plays and, should that go poorly, whether Allen is able to develop as the season progresses.  To my eyes, there is a Jauron era level of talent on this roster, which doesn't indicate much of a high ceiling. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Sadly I am kind of rooting for Peterman to throw a bunch of picks in the opener. Just for the story line and speed up the process of Allen getting in there. I would not feel that way if I felt this team had a shot. But Peterman is probably the worst QB in a long list I have seen the Bills put out there. 

You want your QB to throw a bunch of picks for the storyline...thats sad.  

• Like (+1) 1

Only time I was not real excited about the start of the season was a couple years around '70.  You knew even with OJ they'd stink.  And right before Polian and Marv, that year or two was not as hopeful.

This year?  Very excited!  Excited to see Edmunds, see what Daboll brings, if and when Allen takes over.  I think they're 6-0 but still very excited, because last year tells me we have a shot at the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

You want your QB to throw a bunch of picks for the storyline...thats sad.  

It is sad. I am really disappointed to see NP as the starting QB. I feel let down by this FO to go from a playoff team to one with NP that is a consensus worst team in the league. I would rather have had another year of Tyrod and a chance to compete while turning the reigns over to Allen. Just my opinion. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Same here.  At the start of the season is always exciting to me because you just never can tell what "could" happen.

The last stretch of years I was in the 8-8 range and that's were the Bills ended +/- 1 game.

This year has me totally guessing.  The logical side say 6 wins BUT the games have to be played.

McDermott, Daboll and Frazier have their work cut out for them.

Can this roster "overachieve"?  Maybe they can.

I really hope Allen plays well when he starts sometime this season.

Im with ya.  Football is football.  Maybe Peterman plays good...maybe Allen plays a little this year.  Im also excited to see Edmunds and Harrison play this year.  And what Daboll can do for the offense.  Good or bad its football its a game..enjoy as much as you can.

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

It is sad. I am really disappointed to see NP as the starting QB. I feel let down by this FO to go from a playoff team to one with NP that is a consensus worst team in the league. I would rather have had another year of Tyrod and a chance to compete while turning the reigns over to Allen. Just my opinion. 

I totally understand the disappointment.  Im not all that excited NP is our starting QB.  I was just saying your reason that NP failing makes a goid storyline was lame.  Yeah he threw 5 picks get over people it was one game he was rookie against a very good defense.  Was it horrible yes.  But its over move on lets see if hes improved.  If not you put Allen in.  

Edited by Skins Malone
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Im with ya.  Football is football.  Maybe Peterman plays good...maybe Allen plays a little this year.  Im also excited to see Edmunds and Harrison play this year.  And what Daboll can do for the offense.  Good or bad its football its a game..enjoy as much as you can.

I totally understand the disappointment.  Im not all that excited NP is our starting QB.  I was just saying your reason that NP failing makes a goid storyline was lame.

I agree its lame. Guess I am being sarcastic in that I would prefer to see NP throw 5 picks than watch us lose 21-3 every week with him going 15-25 for 175 yds.

Edited by ngbills

I'm a glass half full guy, I always find something to be excited about.  This year it's all about Allen, how does he look, does he show growth in his footwork, reading the D and delivering the ball on time. Having a top ranked QB prospect on the roster helps  build my excitement for what looks like a rebuilding year. This reminds me of the 2010 season, lots of new faces, rebuild in progress, except then we had to hope we were in a position to get an elite prospect, we didn't.  This year we have that guy so it makes it easier to get excited about guys having break out seasons and other rays of hope. 

5 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

It's funny you replied and said the bolded.  Last year was the first time in decades I "decided" to start watching the Bills for the enjoyment

of the game and watching my "hometown" team.  It was a lot more fun and less stressful.

I'm hoping to be able to do that again this year!

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I agree its lame. Guess I am being sarcastic in that I would prefer to see NP throw 5 picks than watch us lose 21-3 every week with him going 15-25 for 175 yds.

Fair enough.  How do you feel about Allen right now?  Do you think he would fair better then NP?

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's funny you replied and said the bolded.  Last year was the first time in decades I "decided" to start watching the Bills for the enjoyment

of the game and watching my "hometown" team.  It was a lot more fun and less stressful.

I'm hoping to be able to do that again this year!

Its hard to do sometimes cuz we all love the Bills but there are so many more thinhs to get stressed about nowadays...football should be our release..a time to just enjoy the game...again its easier said then done sometimes.

I cannot remember being less enthusiastic about this team going into a year, that Bengals game killed it for me. If we win more than 6 games I will be shocked. It's not like we have an oline full of young guys who need to gel, these are journeymen and we know who these guys are. We're going to have to see huge improvements on D just to even keep us in games. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, drf1835 said:

Disagree. As most agree with the starting of Peterman, there is nothing to complain about. Most on these type of forums are complainers and arm chair quarterbacks. So, when all is well with their team, they are busy running to the store and stocking up on pizza, beer, and junk.

Peterman is the player I am most excited to see. Hope he plays well, and shuts up the national and local idiots who have nothing better to talk  about than last year. This guy earned the starting spot. For those who wanted Josh or AJ right now, that is not how things go in the NFL. You play the best, you play. Peterman outworked and outshined them all, including all qbs in the preseason.

Whether he continues that great play in the regular season, who knows. But, at least he is more exciting than Tyrod, who was afraid to pull the trigger.

Good to see TBD is still capable of intelligent posts; where in the hell do some of these people come from and are they really fans or just looking for a new form of reality TV?

1 hour ago, AllenWillBust said:

I can't say that I'm excited about the games so much, but I am curious of a few things.  Like how many pick 6's Peterman will throw before Allen gets to play.  Then, how many games until the fan base realizes Allen is not franchise material.

I'm excited to see what the draft order will be in 2019.

I guess one other curiosity is, will this be the year McCoy hits the wall?

Take a flying leap, I don't care if Allen is a bust, you are crap fan, go find another team!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

I was told by a MOD I needed to be civil towards other members.

Why did you have to be told?  Maybe because you weren't being civil?

Now you're telling a vet poster to be civil?  Just post by example and move forward.  

You're negative on the team - can you not understand that some people just don't want to read that from you on every post?

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta love the misguided Peterman negativity on here....

Has anyone ever paid attention to what type of draft compensation you can get for even a competent qb??  The MOST important thing that everyone needs to be rooting for this year is for Peterman to woo over the other GMs.

I'm always excited when the season starts.  

Having said that, I'm not expecting a lot.   I'm completely in wait and see mode.   I don't expect a win Sunday.  

I'd be excited if Allen were starting, because I'd feel like I was watching the Bills' future, and the future could be soon.   With Peterman, I fell like I'm watching an organization that is still just stumbling along.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Gotta love the misguided Peterman negativity on here....

Has anyone ever paid attention to what type of draft compensation you can get for even a competent qb??  The MOST important thing that everyone needs to be rooting for this year is for Peterman to woo over the other GMs.

so Peterman leading the Bills to wins isn't the reward in itself?

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

I cannot remember being less enthusiastic about this team going into a year, that Bengals game killed it for me. If we win more than 6 games I will be shocked. It's not like we have an oline full of young guys who need to gel, these are journeymen and we know who these guys are. We're going to have to see huge improvements on D just to even keep us in games. 

Myself personally, Buffalo has gotten better and better at flying under the radar with the new regime IMO.

No reason to tip our hand in preseason play.

I can't wait...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I believe Peterman will play a lot better, early on, than many believe he will.  He has to continue to get the ball away quickly; that's the key.  I have a feeling you'll see many two tight end sets, for blocking purposes. 

Reading your post made me wonder, has any team in recent memory gone into a season with a less experienced veteran at starting QB and with a rookie as their back up? It’s hard for me to believe!

I'm excited for the season as always, excited for the new QB Allen but also the team in general. Think it will a rough and bumpy go in the beginning but want to see the team improve each week as the season ends especially w Allen . Do believe we had to take a step back to go forward and definitely believe we are in good hands w management and coaching! Let's go Bills!!

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I believe Peterman will play a lot better, early on, than many believe he will.  He has to continue to get the ball away quickly; that's the key.  I have a feeling you'll see many two tight end sets, for blocking purposes. 

If they put the blocking duties on only 5 OL-men, we're screwed.

how do ppl honestly think we win more than 4 games this season? 

like do you not realize how terrible this roster is? We have maybe 2-3 guys on defense who are top NFL quality players, the rest are fringe 3rd 4th stringers. 

And don't get me started on the offense. 

Just now, Yeezus said:

how do ppl honestly think we win more than 4 games this season? 

like do you not realize how terrible this roster is? We have maybe 2-3 guys on defense who are top NFL quality players, the rest are fringe 3rd 4th stringers. 

And don't get me started on the offense. 

Is there really a 4th string?