9-4: Bills Worked Out Paxton Lynch & Ten Other Players Today

26CornerBlitz

Interesting comments from Sanders:

Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will be among those rooting for Lynch to succeed.

"Obviously, he just didn't do the job," Sanders said about Lynch in an interview with NFL.com's Nick Shook. "I was rooting for the guy. He's got all the intangibles in the world. Six-foot-6, 6-foot-7, big arm, can scramble, can run. I just think that for Paxton, he's just got to keep honing in on his mental skills, his study skills, how to go about playing the quarterback position, knowing your reads and checkdowns and also playing with a sense of confidence that runs through the offense, spreads through like a wildfire throughout the offense."
  • Like (+1) 3

How working out a QB equates to the sky falling is beyond me. If anything good on them for covering all their bases. With the season starting this week, surely there are more important things to criticize the organization for. If not, well then things aren't even close to as bad as some on this board would make you think...

Edited by gobills1212

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Interesting comments from Sanders:

Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will be among those rooting for Lynch to succeed.

"Obviously, he just didn't do the job," Sanders said about Lynch in an interview with NFL.com's Nick Shook. "I was rooting for the guy. He's got all the intangibles in the world. Six-foot-6, 6-foot-7, big arm, can scramble, can run. I just think that for Paxton, he's just got to keep honing in on his mental skills, his study skills, how to go about playing the quarterback position, knowing your reads and checkdowns and also playing with a sense of confidence that runs through the offense, spreads through like a wildfire throughout the offense."

Running scout team as the third QB might help a guy like this.   No pressure, little expectations.    Worth the risk for the Bills to check him out...

Also this move screams "grooming Josh Allen's backup." Similar physical traits. And Peterman will either have a great year and get traded or have a Peterman kind of year, lose his job midway through the season and then float around the league like so many other Bills QBs.

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

Also this move screams "grooming Josh Allen's backup." Similar physical traits. And Peterman will either have a great year and get traded or have a Peterman kind of year, lose his job midway through the season and then float around the league like so many other Bills QBs.

Actually a Peterman kind of year, based on history, means we will see Allen in the second half against the Ravens. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Actually a Peterman kind of year, based on history, means we will see Allen in the second half against the Ravens. 

I don't think he'll make the switch that quickly. Maybe I'm wrong but McDerrmot is really all in on Peterman.

People are seriously overreacting here.  Do people really believe that the Bills are seriously going to back burner Allen in favor of Lynch?  Are people really that beat down mentally from 17 years of no playoffs prior to last year?  I don't care if he is brought in to be the 3rd string QB.  We need a third QB and if we can PS him then all the better.  People will be crying if early this season one of our 2 present QB's goes down with a long term injury and there is no backup to the survivor at that point.  I don't think that Kyle Orton is coming off of the sofa this time.

22 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

First round picks are eligible for the Practice Squad.  Players with two seasons on an active roster are not

People are talking about him for the PS, I wasnt sure if he was eligible. Either way my point was that 1st round picks, let alone 1st round QBs are never available to go on a PS, teams rarely let them go and if they do, someone picks them up thinking they can tap the potential

The FO is just doing their "Due Diligence"... If either of their two QB's should get injured they have to at least know what their other alternatives are that are out there. How the heck does anybody fault the FO for "being prepared"? Some of you people need to just sit down and CHILL...

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Please, no. 

Would your head explode if they waived Shaq and then turned around and filled the roster spot with Paxton Lynch??

My theory is that most fans are initially certain that their new GM and HC sees the team with the same clarity that they do.........until that one moment when it becomes unquestionably clear that they do not.

I think you already got there when they drafted Allen...........but it seems like Lynch might be a boat-jumper for a few people here.?

43 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I think it's pure genius. Put Lynch on PS, let him and Allen develop. If Peterman shows he can be half decent then the Bills have another trade asset.

That would be great if it happens.

Edited by wppete

If you can't envision Paxton Lynch running for his life in a Bills uniform at New Era Field in December you haven't been a Bills fan very long.

Or how about against the Patriots scrubs in week 17........Lynch intentionally throwing the ball out of bounds from his own end zone to avoid a hit on 4th down trailing by one score with 2 minutes left?

The future is nacho fries........but perhaps also some Paxton Lynch.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

They are when they are as bad as Lynch.

My "donkey fan" friends are going to mock me brutally if he signs.

Knock on Lynch here in Broncoland isn't even all about his skill set which not the greatest.

He's talked about being lazy, no passion and not so smart picking up "football" things.

Here is a typical read.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/19/ray-crockett-asks-denver-broncos-fans-not-to-boo-paxton-lynch-show-some-class/

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He previously rejected him as a client with a lost cause justification that could have been reputation ruining. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness if Darnold or Allen turns into a good QB that will be a first for Jordan Palmer clients.........he's almost exclusively worked with turds........except the wonderful job he did turning his older brother into a better QB, that is.:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In all seriousness if Darnold or Allen turns into a good QB that will be a first for Jordan Palmer clients.........he's almost exclusively worked with turds........except the wonderful job he did turning his older brother into a better QB, that is.:rolleyes:

Allen progressed quite a bit faster than I thought he would.  I'd like to see him take the reins soon in a 10-15 year reign as the man in Buffalo, but we shall see.