Week 1: Ravens Game Preparation - Nathan Peterman & Groy Starting

/dev/null

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Peterman will start and then be benched at some point for Allen. Peterman will take back starting duties when Allen gets injured 

Yep... that’s probably how it will play out...

Someone else probably starts a game when they are both injured for the same week..

It should be Logan Thomas.

He's got more experience than the other two options, and he might be more athletic and durable than both.

That means something when your o-line is a s crap as ours is... Logan Thomas has my vote. -Then Peterman, -then Allen if he still wants to play after watching all those sacks.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Peterman will start and then be benched at some point for Allen. Peterman will take back starting duties when Allen gets injured 

Close.

Peterman will start the season but be benched for Allen when it seems like we can do better.

Allen will then show that he is not ready, and Peterman will go back in.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Close.

Peterman will start the season but be benched for Allen when it seems like we can do better.

Allen will then show that he is not ready, and Peterman will go back in.

With all due respect, and remember I'm sayin' it with all due respect, that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Allen.

Yes, Pickpeterman is a McDermott draft pick and yes, he played well in PS. Truth is, he HAD to play well -or he’d be perusing Monster.com this morning. Already tagged w/NFL infamy, he was looking up at growing blades of grass as the only direction he could go. 

Allen is the reason for the unmatched house cleaning in 18 months. Only 11 players remain from Rex’s last year. Are the pieces in place to help him succeed? No, but the process is. He’s clearly the superior of the 2. If, Indeed, the best players play, then there’s no debate. We’ll get the missing pieces for next year and we’ll have a 2nd year stud who’s battle tested to move us toward perennial playoff appearances.

• Like (+1) 1

bills.png vs. ravens.png

NFL.com Game Preview

CBS Sports Game Preview

Bills vs. Ravens Vegas Lines

Bills vs. Ravens History

DmGqbtwVsAE7zEI.jpg

NFL Week 1 Capsules

nme2w9.jpg

CBS Broadcast Team
Play-by-Play: Kevin Harlan
Color Analyst: Rich Gannon
Sideline Reporter: Steve Tasker

NFL Week 1 Maps

5oe16t.jpg

Week 1 referee assignments

Sunday, Sept. 9

• Bills at Ravens  —  Shawn Hochuli

141nmrk.jpg

Buffalo Kickoff LIVE: Keys to the Season in 2018
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - With the regular season now a week away, there are still plenty of questions that need answers ahead of the Bills kicking off against the Ravens on Sept. 9.

Who will be the starting quarterback? What will the offensive line look like? Who will emerge as a dependable receiver?  Will the run defense actually improve? The list goes on and on.

Our Buffalo Kickoff LIVE crew tried their best to answer some of those questions with their keys to the season.

FAN CHECK: State of the Quarterbacks
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - The Bills have not named a starting quarterback for the season opener against the Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 9.

However, operating under the assumption that Nathan Peterman is the starter based on his body of work throughout the preseason, if he and the Bills struggle, when would be a good time to make a change and turn the offense over to rookie Josh Allen?

Baltimore Ravens' Complete 53-Man Roster
After Saturday’s cuts, here’s the first version of the Ravens’ 2018 roster.

Ravens Release Their First Regular-Season Depth Chart

DmHDBBVX0AMkjCV.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Can't wait.  This will be fun, hopefully.  Unlike a lot of guys here I actually like the Ravens.  Not more than the Bills but any team that can go into Foxborough and smack Brady around (their last SB run)and make Bellicheck look on in disbelief gets my vote.  Same for Denver.  I don't root for either of them when playing the Bills but I like to watch them.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 1: Ravens Game Preparation

I think it's Allen.   I look at it this way:

Peterman might actually be the better QB right now.  If he is, it's because he has a modest, and I do mean modest advantage, in terms of experience.  He looks like he sees the field better and makes decisions a little quicker.  The Allen-Peterman competition is close because, although Peterman has the experiential edge, an edge that is visible on the field, Allen has the physical edge - he throws MUCH better, he runs better.  

My personal estimate, based on nothing but how they look, is, which means for the Bills' that if Allen starts four games, he'll make up the experiential difference.   That is, after he's started four games, he'll be where Peterman is now in terms of on-field understanding.  

I think if Allen starts the first four games, he'll be better than Peterman, which means that the Bills will have their best QB playing the final 12 games of the season. 

Allen already is pretty good on the field, and he will get better quickly.   He will close that gap during this season, and there will be no difference between the two in terms of experience.  Peterman will never close the gap on physical skills.  

Risk of injury?  It doesn't matter.   Injury is always a risk - play the game and take your chances.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Peterman will get the nod. Allen will take over somewhere between week 5-10 when it becomes clear we're out of the playoff race. Allen will then be benched before the season is out when it becomes clear he just isn't the guy. 

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’ll be there

Anyone else?   

Temps 83 with a chance of rain.  

Yep, I’ll be there to witness it in person.  Hope the Bills surprise me and it’s a good competitive game.  Fearing the worst 

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yep, I’ll be there to witness it in person.  Hope the Bills surprise me and it’s a good competitive game.  Fearing the worst 

We can only hope for the best. 

And good weather 

Seems like a crew of Bills fans may be heading to Sliders before the game. 

For some game time preparation 

I voted Peterman with him eventually being benched forever.  That's what I think the coaches will do.  My personal opinion is Allen should start now.  Let him learn on the field.  That's the best learning experience he can get.  You cant learn from mistakes if you aren't in there to make them.  Peterman while looking good in preseason imo is just another preseason hero.  He will never be a franchise QB so there is no point in starting him.  If I thought this team had a chance at even contending for a wild card my opinion might be slightly different, but I don't.

Edited by Scott7975

How quickly Bills fans fall right back into the trap of supporting mediocre scrubish QBs, every time, every poll, I remember our knowledgeable QB fans had the same support for Kelly Holcomb, Craig Nall, Jeff Tuel, Kyle Orton and so on and so on and so on, you guys just can't accept that we draft a top flight QB and he needs to start in order to develop.

Peterpan starts because that's the only logical thing to do.  If they start Allen and it's not working and the team needs a spark I don't think Peter provides that.  But if the O struggles with Pete than Allen as plan B makes a lot more sense as he can learn the rest of his rookie season like Manning and I believe Luck did.  I hope Peterman does well though and shows what perseverance can do.  Has a terrible first game and the next chance he gets to play it's the worst blizzard game ever in Buffalo.  His stats can only improve.  Let's just hope the O-line isn't as bad as we think because right now I can't think of a worse O-line in the NFL. 

Edited by timtebow15