McCarron Traded!

Alphadawg7

5 minutes ago, Paulus said:

And, those aren't "most." You know he said "most" right? Are you disputing that most don't pan out? 

That's not what the poster who Peace Frog quoted said, at all.

And if youre referring to the brilliant complaint Dbilz2500 issued, well, you can choose to be on that side if you wish.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

23 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think this locks Allen in as Day 1 starter. Pickpeterman showed enough to stick around for another year, but not start ahead of the 7th overall Pick at extraordinary cost

I highly doubt it.  If we were planning Allen as starter, why not trade Peterman instead for a 2nd or 3rd?

I had a conversation last weekend with my brother about this very trade. McCarron hasn’t been impressive at all and the Raiders were looking to upgrade their backup position. It was too obvious. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

That's not what the poster who Peace Frog quoted said, at all.

And if youre referring to the brilliant complaint Dbilz2500 issued, well, you can choose to be on that side if you wish.

That's a bald faced lie.

And, screw your false dilemma

53 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

If only a fifth and we get hit with dead space then it does not make sense.  Should have just kept him.

Why and who cares about the miniscule dead space?  There was a good chance he was even going to get cut.  Thumbs up ? to Beane etc al.!

1 hour ago, SoCoBills said:

So we did trade with the Raiders - just not for Mack. 

Well we did get a 5th round pick, isn't that just as good as having a future hall of famer sack machine? Isn't it? It is, right? Tell me it is. Please.

20 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

we did not do it last year and heck no we are not doing it this year.
should be thankful we lucked into playoffs last year, us minions all.

/sarcasm

i think the Bills FO is trying each day to improve. while thinking long term consistency

Thigh or leg.

I am keeping the breast meat for me : )

leg pls,

Lets save the thigh for red 

So I was explaining to my wife, who is not NEARLY as into the Bills as I am, that the Bills traded AJ.

Although I've explained to her before who the three QBs were, she's always half paid attention then forgotten about it altogether.   

So I'm telling her about the trade, and for her to understand the significance, I had to retell the story of who the three QBs are.   The story came out, honest to God, something like this:   They traded AJ McCarron, so now the Bills have only two QBs.   I chuckled.  So the EXPERIENCED QB is this guy - and I began to laugh.   My wife looked at me.   The EXPERIENCED  QB has played exactly one half of one game in the NFL, and in that - now I'm really laughing a lot - and in that one half in the NFL he threw FIVE interceptions.   Now my wife is laughing, too.   Their INEXPERIENCED QB is a rookie who played in the college minor leagues for a few years, the real minors, so he hasn't experienced anything even like big-time college football.   

If you think about it, it's pretty funny.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AllenWillBust said:

I'm glad they didn't give up their draft future for Mack, even though he's a great player.

The Bills just might have the first overall pick next season, hopefully they can get their franchise QB.

You look like you'll be a long tenured poster here

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

so when Beane trades our best players its all "he is clearing cap space" 

but when he makes dumb trades like this and creates more dead cap "the cap doesn't matter"

pick a side for !@#$s sake 

Your constant negativity is old and boring.  The cap hell we were in is gone next year.  We got another player (5th rounder) who can contribute at least on special teams and a reserve role for a QB that was about to be (most likely) cut. Is there any positive post in your history about the team or direction?

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

So I was explaining to my wife, who is not NEARLY as into the Bills as I am, that the Bills traded AJ.

Although I've explained to her before who the three QBs were, she's always half paid attention then forgotten about it altogether.   

So I'm telling her about the trade, and for her to understand the significance, I had to retell the story of who the three QBs are.   The story came out, honest to God, something like this:   They traded AJ McCarron, so now the Bills have only two QBs.   I chuckled.  So the EXPERIENCED QB is this guy - and I began to laugh.   My wife looked at me.   The EXPERIENCED  QB has played exactly one half of one game in the NFL, and in that - now I'm really laughing a lot - and in that one half in the NFL he threw FIVE interceptions.   Now my wife is laughing, too.   Their INEXPERIENCED QB is a rookie who played in the college minor leagues for a few years, the real minors, so he hasn't experienced anything even like big-time college football.   

If you think about it, it's pretty funny.   

Technically, Peterman played part of the Indy game and mop up in the Saints debacle.

Back on track, i'm alright with the trade.  You know Beenie's gonna use it to trade up another one of our picks.

Gene Hackman comes to mind in Enemy of the State, when he says to WIll Smith (just imagine he's saying it to McBeane):  Either you're really smart or you're really stupid.   

Going naked with two really young QBs is the best evidence that (1) McBeane know something we don't know, (2) McBeane don't know what they're doing or (3) despite what they say, it's all about 2019.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Given our offensive line, we need as many QBs as we can get our hands on.

I hope we got something worth while because trading AJ is a big risk.  I have very little confidence in either of QBs being able to survive the season without getting some kind of injury.

Yeah, I agree. From what I've heard we got a 2019 5th rounder which gives us 10 picks next year. I also heard that AJ represents 3Mill in dead cap this year. If we end up ,[and we probably will] needing a 3rd qb for the reasons you stated, we'll have to shell out more dough. I would have rather kept AJ as a backup, and see if some teams got needy in the middle of the season due to injury to their QB. By that time maybe the o-line will have jelled a bit and we could afford to risk having only 2 qbs plus at that stage of the game we could probably do better than a 5th rd pick. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

I'm glad they didn't give up their draft future for Mack, even though he's a great player.

The Bills just might have the first overall pick next season, hopefully they can get their franchise QB.

So draft a QB every year until you get a franchise guy. Do you by any chance host a drive Time sports radio show in the Buffalo area? 

47 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think this locks Allen in as Day 1 starter. Pickpeterman showed enough to stick around for another year, but not start ahead of the 7th overall Pick at extraordinary cost

I don’t see how this trade means that at all. 

Also, calling 20 something year old kids on the team you supposedly cheer for because you like another qb more is a bit childish, no?