McCarron Traded!

Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, fl az fan said:

I'm sure this will be considered fake news!

I don’t know if it’s fake news, but he’s wrong about the 25th percentile SAT score.

https://www.princetonreview.com/college/university-alabama-tuscaloosa-1023009

This is a football site. Maybe you should go to College Confidential if you are interested in discussing the academics at UA.

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama

Edited by Sky Diver

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I don’t know if it’s fake news, but he’s wrong about the 25th percentile SAT score.

https://www.princetonreview.com/college/university-alabama-tuscaloosa-1023009

This is a football site. Maybe you should go to College Confidential if you are interested in discussing the academics at UA.

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama

Not sure what your angle/purpose is, here.  But if you're trying to deny that Alabama churns out a bunch of great football players who are dumber than boxes of rocks, you're not going to win.  The only smart one is Saban, because he's making millions by teaching idiots how to become professional football players.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not sure what your angle/purpose is, here.  But if you're trying to deny that Alabama churns out a bunch of great football players who are dumber than boxes of rocks, you're not going to win.  The only smart one is Saban, because he's making millions by teaching idiots how to become professional football players.

well, about 15% of them anyway.

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Bama rejects applicants?! I thought the only requirement for admission was that you wear shoes to class?

Except math class...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

You’re joking right? 

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

This trade seems prima facie stupid on a number of levels (e.g., because they’re effectively paying a multi-million signing bonus to a future fifth rounder who will in all likelihood suck), but the most indicative thing to me is that they clearly failed to get the stopgap qb they wanted this offseason. If anyone had doubts, it’s clear now that McCarran was not their first choice. I won’t be surprised if both Peterman and Allen are hurt by the bye week. This offense is going to be truly horrible.

That’s one way to look at it. The other is that McCarron was the third best QB on the roster and Allen/Peterman made his presence unnecessary. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

you see, that's the point, nobody cares yet you continue

seek help

A lot of people seem to care about the academics at Alabama. I guess they can’t understand how can  a school can be great in football and scholastics.

Why are you so triggered by Alabama?

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That "2 QB" scheme seems to working well for Bama tonight.  It's quite ingenious--start the better guy, let him run up a 3 TD lead and put in the backup.

Saban will revolutionize the QB position in the NFL..

I’n enjoying watching Tua. He’s a future NFL star.

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

A lot of people seem to care about the academics at Alabama. I guess they can’t understand how can  a school can be great in football and scholastics.

trollin trollin trollin

get those bammies trollin

trollin trollin trollin 

troll tide

you are either an obsessed troll, or an obsessed bamian either way seek help

Edited by Cripple Creek
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I’n enjoying watching Tua. He’s a future NFL star.

He's a future journeyman backup QB in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

First of all, a 5th could be packaged with other picks/players for something way better.  Draft capital, no?  Also, Mark Brunell, Herschel Walker, Zach Thomas, Rodney Harrison, and Kevin Greene might disagree with you.  

Kyle Williams?

AJM becomes the immediate #2 in Oakland. I wish him well. Seems like a good guy. I'll take a 5th for a late round FA signing any day.

Peterman and Allen this year, let's hope the O-line is up to the task.

Edited by RocCityRoller

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

trollin trollin trollin

get those bammies trollin

trollin trollin trollin 

role tide

you are either an obsessed troll, or an obsessed bamian either way seek help

It’s Roll Tide, not Role Tide, lol.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's a future journeyman backup QB in the NFL.

Uh huh.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

?

Trolling is less effective when your attempted insults contain spelling errors.

I would have given you a 7/10, but since you don’t know the difference between “roll” and “role”, I am dropping your trolling rating to 5/10.

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

You are on the team or you aren’t on the team. Foster is on the team.

There's a reason the paycheck of vested veterans doesn't become guaranteed until they are on the roster for opening day.

That reason is that the team roster will be fluid for the next week as guys are cut and signed to other teams, resulting in several cycles of signings and cuts.

It must be very hard on some of the "bubble" guys and each year, always a few that didn't think they were "on the bubble".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's a reason the paycheck of vested veterans doesn't become guaranteed until they are on the roster for opening day.

That reason is that the team roster will be fluid for the next week as guys are cut and signed to other teams, resulting in several cycles of signings and cuts.

It must be very hard on some of the "bubble" guys and each year, always a few that didn't think they were "on the bubble".

Well, Foster is on the team until he’s not on the team. For now, he’s on the team.

3 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Foster making the team is idiotic.

Cutting Coleman is idiotic.

We basically just traded a 7th round pick for $3.5 of dead cap and didn't even give him more than a couple of weeks to adjust.

The thing I don’t understand- you know he’s a guy that’s a handful and needs to culture change. Every poster here could’ve said he’s not a polished route runner or going to get the playbook fast.... what was the expectation that we had when we traded for him? Instant 180 and the light to come on? Or was he absolutely catastrophic behind the scenes?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

The thing I don’t understand- you know he’s a guy that’s a handful and needs to culture change. Every poster here could’ve said he’s not a polished route runner or going to get the playbook fast.... what was the expectation that we had when we traded for him? Instant 180 and the light to come on? Or was he absolutely catastrophic behind the scenes?

Hard to know for sure but Mary Kay Cabot, the beat reporter from the Browns, said today that the Bills didn't like Coleman's attitude from day one. So he may well have been catastrophic behind the scenes.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Ha Ha---I love a politically correct guy.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I think all they wanted to see was someone who finally got serious. Who maybe learned a lesson and was going to move onward and upward. And they would have given him a chance.

If he didnt change his attitude at all, and came in as the exact same person he was in Cleveland, then I understand why they cut him. The trade was supposed to be his wake-up call, the teams were doing him a favor giving him a chance to restart. If he didnt take that opportunity then he isnt worth the time.

Just now, 1st&ten said:

Ha Ha---I love a politically correct guy.

This has nothing to do with political correctness.  I'm more liberal than most, if not all, of the people you know.  But I'm also observant enough to see that football players from Alabama (and many other top college football programs) are barely literate and certainly not worthy of a free college "education."

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Yeah I was shocked when they traded for him..........he is a taste-and-smell-tested road apple fallen from the career criminal tree.

But most teams have some turds and I thought maybe they were starting to come around to the idea that they might need to babysit a player or two to achieve their goals.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This has nothing to do with political correctness.  I'm more liberal than most, if not all, of the people you know.  But I'm also observant enough to see that football players from Alabama (and many other top college football programs) are barely literate and certainly not worthy of a free college "education."

It was a joke, I thought your post was funny. I'm done here.

• Like (+1) 2