If McCarron plays the whole game it has to be Allen day 1

Terry76

it HAS to be... it's just gotta!

To be honest, I don't take anything for a given with this team. All options are on the table until the game starts come week 1.

But by the time the game is over tonight, we should have a little better of an idea, but surely nothing we can cement in stone.

2 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

But Peterman is sitting, too.

Exactly, if it was Peterman then Allen would be in the game, McD might be trying to be sneaky but this sucks if he is just sacrificing Allen's reps for a one game advantage.

I am not saying Allen can be successful with our current team but he could use the experience.

23 minutes ago, Terry76 said:

If McD plays McCarron all game it better be Josh starting Game 1, unless they value McCarrons trade value over your young QB development.

I agree.  My thinking to was if Peterman is going to start Wk 1, they'd have given Allan all he reps he could have this week.

I was surprised somewhat that AJ did play as I also thought as a vet  playing AJ tonight would have been beneath him.  So also does make me think they are trying to showcase him for trade value

4 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Not sure I understand the logic of AJ for the entire game.  I would understand Peterman or Allen not playing because they are the starter..  What is McDermotts thought process on this?

Doesn't want to injure either.  Peterman will start... Allen heir apparent.  Why risk either?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Terry76 said:

If McD plays McCarron all game it better be Josh starting Game 1, unless they value McCarrons trade value over your young QB development.

Allen in under no circumstances should be playing behind that oline 

We aren't even winning our first 7-8 games. doesn't matter who start, not worth risking a career threatening injury. 

6 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

Doesn't want to injure either.  Peterman will start... Allen heir apparent.  Why risk either?

I get the reasoning, but you also could get him live fire experience without risking a real game loss and if he is the #2 he would have time to heal from an injury if that happened.

I am not an nfl coach so maybe the decision makes sense to someone on that level. It will be interesting to see his response to the reporters because this will most likely come up post game.

3 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

We aren't even winning our first 7-8 games. doesn't matter who start, not worth risking a career threatening injury. 

The oline is **** for sure, nowadays the career enders are usually achilles and spinal injuries, achilles are usually non contact and spinals are rare.

I dont want him hurt in the end but he needs the practice.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

McCarron's trade value

5678388441_b6f6b3fd11_z.jpg

No doubt, we will be lucky into get a double cheeseburger and a kick in the nuts for McCarron

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Maybe it’s just because I want Allen named as starter but McD is slowly but surely becoming annoying. Handle the QB situation like a competent coach, Harbaugh and company will be ready for whoever you trot out there. Cut the nonsense.

Yeah I just want the decision made, whichever QB it is, it wont change our record by playing mind games

I don’t know who starts next week (though I have a suspicion/preference) but I think tonight was about keeping the top two healthy, and hoping AJ could garner some trade interest. Well, we kept the top two healthy....

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

McCarron's trade value

5678388441_b6f6b3fd11_z.jpg

That works, if the location is lousy enough. 

2 hours ago, Yeezus said:

I bet we do win some games in our first 7 or 8.

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Maybe it’s just because I want Allen named as starter but McD is slowly but surely becoming annoying. Handle the QB situation like a competent coach, Harbaugh and company will be ready for whoever you trot out there. Cut the nonsense.

McDermott probably doesn't care what you think about him. Just a guess.

13 hours ago, Terry76 said:

LOL.....OK.

Good reply, mate.

So what is the theory on why you keep both out?

4th preseason game.  20+ players were told before the game they would not see the field ... that's NFL coach speak for you made the team.  People playing in that game were largely there to show one last time why they should make the final 53, and to have film for other teams to watch if they don't make the cut.  Or in McCarrons case, likely to see if any offers would come in.

IMO, Peterman will start against the Ravens.

Edited by CodeMonkey