SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea.

Its why Peterman isn't a starter in this league. Throws like that where he doesn't the lack of arm strength absolutely kills him.

He throws one ball that could be a pick six every game. Other than that he plays pretty well. I am happy with him as a long term back up though. 

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

This board is rife with Bills zealots and their faith is quite strong.  For now, Josh Allen is their high priest.

Pretty much. To many fans this organization can do no wrong, which is crazy due to how much they have sucked the last 20 years...

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yes. Annoyed how the narrative unfolds that Tyrod held the offense back. We pretty much have the same minus KB last year. But now it's "our offense is too bad to properly evaluate our Quarterbacks.

Our offense has been bad for a while with a lot of different/usually bad quarterbacks.

They're minus 2 starters on the line from last year and McCoy hasn't played. They are very different offenses at the moment.

If you can’t throw a simple 5 yard out or hitch you can only have limited success in the NFL. The ball cant hang up in the air. It needs to be thrown faster. Furthermore if he lacks velocity he needs to throw it earlier with some anticipation and placement so the corner doesn’t get a beat on it. A first team CB takes that back for 6. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fred Clause said:

You can’t compare it, the pressure Allen faced was twice as difficult as what Peterman has faced. The difference that causes on execution is night and day.

But Petermans ball is out before the pressure gets there. That’s the difference. That’s what Rex used to cry about against NE. Nothing he did mattered because the ball was out to fast.

3 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Okay, screw the cap space. Lets say money isnt an issue. 

Answer the question as to what he does better than any of the younger guys (who already all block better than him, and dont have injury history). I was really excited for the Clay signing when it happened.

If you’re so convinced that O’Leary is a better blocker then your head is deeply buried in the sand. Nothing I say will matter.

Edited by Bangarang

2 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Oh I was so close to just typing let Peterman start. Then the JV arm shows up again. A starting DB picks that and scores a TD

Wouldn't exactly say that was a JV arm... Allen could have thrown that pass and it would have resulted the same way. Nate has to realize that the DB is waiting him to throw that. DB was driving towards jumping the route as soon as he pulled his arm back. Developing a pump fake in those situations would burn a lot of defenses

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Great throw there by Peterman.

His improvement is night and day from last year. Something clicked for him. Nice to see, even if against twos. I hope he continues to progress. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fred Clause said:

You can’t compare it, the pressure Allen faced was twice as difficult as what Peterman has faced. The difference that causes on execution is night and day.

Peterman controls the offense in a way Allen, doesn’t. He gets in and out of the huddle and has plenty of time to set protections. That does make a difference.

People want to make it sound like Peterman doesn’t have an experience advantage over Allen but being there for two camps and an entire season helps him a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Some throws scare me for Peterman. If Peterman had Allen arm we have a great QB. 

He knows where he is going before the snap and nothing stops him from doing that on some plays.  DB's guess on those hitches and he will give up pick sixes, that is what Peterman does.    It is also what he does well, get rid of the ball in 0.75 seconds cause by 0.76 seconds he will be sacked.

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I agree Nate has played well enough to start Game 1, but the future of this organization is not about Nate Peterman.

It's about Josh Allen, and we are now in the Allen era.  We need to find out if he can do it or not do it, and you do that by playing him in real games in the regular season.

Sitting him for a year only delays the inevitable, one way or the other, with no gain.

For me, it’s not about win now or win later.  It’s about not getting Allen, or others injured because he doesnt have the command of the offense.

What’s wrong with letting him sit?  Other players sit all the time and learn how to be a pro.  

I want Allen to start for sure.  Just don’t want to rush him if he’s not ready.

2 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Pretty much. To many fans this organization can do no wrong, which is crazy due to how much they have sucked the last 20 years...

If I may continue the religion theme...

You're preaching to the choir.

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What can you expect to trade for 2 weeks before the start of the season? I wouldn’t expect any kind of fix at this point.

Didnt we trade Sammy, Darby and Ragland around this time last year? 

12 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Please tell us what Clay brings to the team that other TE's dont do. I mean he has more knee injuries than anyone else, so there's that

first tight end in Bills history with 3 500 yard seasons in a row

Buffalo's first or second receiver in yards 2 of the last 3 seasons

solid blocker and receiver combo TE

we get it, you don't like Clay

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Or it could be that some of us choose not to be miserable incontinents.

Which has no bearing whatsoever on Allen busting. And why do you assume I'm miserable? Just stating the obvious, which looks like misery to kool-aid drinkers?

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

But Petermans ball is out before the pressure gets there. That’s the difference. That’s what Rex used to cry about against NE. Nothing he did mattered because the ball was out to fast.

And that's exactly why he will start.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And there's the Peterman pick 6 special.

Yup, that 10 yd out pattern is the death of him. For some reason Peterman just doesn't have the arm for it and it's one throw he can not make consistently. Against a first team defense he throws a pick or 2 a game. His release and decision making has been really good and he is definitely getting better. But damn, that out is a back breaker.