Is the Bengals love still there?

Six months removed from the Andy Dalton touchdown.  Was wonderful what the fans did for his charity as well.

Time proceeds forward though.  We ended up losing against the Jags anyway.  Plus way way back when there was a suspicious delay of game penalty called against them below:

I'll always appreciate the Bengals for playing hard when there was nothing left to play for.  I'm not a Bengals fan and never will be.  I root for certain teams on a weekly based upon (a) how the result impacts the Bills and (b) which team I like less.  I have no "2nd favorite" team.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I will forever remember, and appreciate, the Bengals for getting us into the playoffs.

In fact I'm so appreciative I'm attending the third preseason game vs the Bengals just to give them a standing O.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I appreciate the Bengals for securing thier side of it. That's about all it ever was for me. I also thought what the Bills fans did was very classy. The Bengals didn't play the entire season for the Bills. The Bills crawled into the best case worse case scenario. 

So I walked away thinking McDermott and the Bills made the playoffs. The team didn't luck into the playoffs. They fought the entire way. The team had weak links in the chain but also some bright spots. 

It was only ever about the Bills making the playoffs for me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

No, the Bengals love is over now as far as football goes, but I will remember that moment and am proud of the generosity of Bills fans in the aftermath.

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I've been a casual fan of the Bengals 10-12 years before the Dalton touchdown. Why? I don't know, they've suffered a lot over there and I can relate to that I guess. I actually wanted Buffalo to draft Dalton.

I remember rooting for them in the SB early 80s against the 9ers. Pat McInally, only perfect wonderlic score, was a friend of my cousins.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

No, the Bengals love is over now as far as football goes, but I will remember that moment and am proud of the generosity of Bills fans in the aftermath.

I remember rooting for them in the SB early 80s against the 9ers. Pat McInally, only perfect wonderlic score, was a friend of my cousins.

They also swapped picks with us, so not only did they get us to the playoffs, they helped give us our franchise QB too!

I'll forever root for the Bengals against any team but Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

They also swapped picks with us, so not only did they get us to the playoffs, they helped give us our franchise QB too!

I'll forever root for the Bengals against any team but Buffalo!

Good point, if I see them playing anyone but Buffalo I will not give them the full measure of my devotion and rooting powers, but I will not wish them harm.?

Edited by Turk71

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Dalton deserves a standing ovation when he comes to New Era this pre-season.

After that, it is forgotten about.

All fans should break out all of their Sammy Watkins jerseys and tape them over with Andy Dalton's name.

22 hours ago, eball said:

I'll always appreciate the Bengals for playing hard when there was nothing left to play for.  I'm not a Bengals fan and never will be.  I root for certain teams on a weekly based upon (a) how the result impacts the Bills and (b) which team I like less.  I have no "2nd favorite" team.

The Bills did the same thing in 2015 when we beat the Jets  in Week 17 to knock them out of the playoffs and give the spot to Pittsburgh. Why didn't get love from the Steelers???

2 hours ago, mileena said:

The Bills did the same thing in 2015 when we beat the Jets  in Week 17 to knock them out of the playoffs and give the spot to Pittsburgh. Why didn't get love from the Steelers???

Exactly. Teams get in like we did this year EVERY YEAR.   It's about time it happened for us for once.

but you know what? If our own team had not taken care of bidness all year like the Joe Webb pass or being down 7 to Bucs and their "franchise QB" and winning or beating the defending NFC Champs in their own house, then it would have made ZERO difference what Andy Dalton did or did not do. 

go BILLS and to heck with all the negative fans with BBFIC (Buffalo Bills Fan Iinferiority Complex). We made the playoffs by the rules set up by the NFL before the season started. DEAL WITH IT. :)

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FappyTheClown said:

Ehh, what have you done for me lately?

Gave us the equivalent of a second round pick for oft injured Cordy Glenn.  Gave Preston Brown a job...but we gave Russell Bodine a job so that's a push! 

20 hours ago, mileena said:

Because the Steelers are a bunch of !@#$ heads.

• Like (+1) 2