RD 5, Pick 154: Siran Neal S - Jacksonville state

Father of twins.  Has played Hybrid LB, Corner and Safety.  Will also play teams.  Short area cover guy with some size and speed.  I think McD was really frustrated with not having short area cover guys and letting NE and others slant us down the field and then pitch the ball to a lightly covered Gronk for a big gain.  He had no counter moves..Edmunds, Johnson and Neal give him some potential counter.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

thanks for posting. looks like he has good instincts, some special team ability and should be able to help out covering tight ends, now that a lot of teams are running two TE sets.

That dude's got forearms like popeye

7 minutes ago, Rise Up Lights said:

Love it.

Anyone who doesn't like this pick is just looking to B word for the sake of bitching.  This kid can flat out ball, and he plays mad as a wet hornet.  Perfect Nickel DB and will be a terror on ST.  I hate the previous pick, but love this one.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

McCarron is going to have a rough go around this season...

You really have a point there.  I feel sorry for both  AJ and LeSean.

AJ and Shady have a substandard offensive lines with very few other weapons other than Clay and Benjamin.  

Should be a "big nickel" (hybrid linebacker/safety) in our defense. Could immediately get on to the field in certain packages.

Nice pick at this point in the draft, even though a bunch of people will complain because it wasn't their chosen wide receiver or whatever. As if a 5th round receiver is what we need to push us over the top!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

ok McD, we get it you're a defensive coach....might want to finish off the day with WR, OL, RB ??....ya think?....Daboll if probably sittin there thinking "all I get is project qb" ?

..LOL.....must be golden with OL.....SMH....lost three I believe...............

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Most of the good players are gone, we already signed a bunch bums, er depth.

Well people are acting like we will get saviors for the offense in the 5th round so

9 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I'm fine with these picks, but this is such an old way of thinking. A good defense is awesome. But you need to score points quickly in order to win in this league now. 

Could be because defences for a while weren't that good? If your offence isn't good enough to keep up with the high scores, build a defence that will stop the high scores. The Bill's are closer to having a degence that can hold back the higher scorers then an offence that can keep up with them.