2018 Draft: 1st round discussion

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Allen fits the current NFL. Big guy. Big arm. Some mobility. Personality fits Buffalo & McBeane. But man. I don’t think he can actually play. 

Watch him at the Senior Bowl, those are some of the tightest window throws with guys draped all over them that I've ever seen, he has to work hard but to say he can't play, come on now the guy took a losing program on his arm and won 2 titles or was it 1? not certain but he won at least 1.

4 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

This ^ There is something very “Billsy” about this pick. We didn’t get a guy from a big time school who had vast success in college. Instead, we get the small school guy who was quite average in college. Allen just seems second rate. I remember being excited about Losman, Maybkn, Spiller and all those picks. Maybe I’ve just grown jaded, but this pick just feels wrong. It just doesn’t give me any reason to feel excited. I really hope I’m wrong. 

I'll support the guy but he's two years of QB away from being ready for live action. I guess we can take some solace in the fact that we only went to 7 instead of 4 or 2. 

1 minute ago, dezertbill said:

Allen pick is growing on me.  Rosen’s fragility is scary 

QB's were going fast,

getting the guy you wanted for two second rounders.....................Great move.

Allen has just as good a chance as any of these guys to succeed..............

• Like (+1) 1

I think Best case scenario AJ has an above average year and Allen gets some time to learn this system. I think we have a lot of haters on here freaking out. Arizona didn’t give up as much, cause they didn’t have to.

We had to make an offer Arizona couldn’t contend with. I’m glad they made the move.

I gotta believe OBD felt they could work with this guy. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Who do you want? Vander Eshe, Evans , Edmunds or someone else?

Any one of them...we can't roll into the season with Vallejo as starting MLB