2018 Draft: 1st round discussion

4 minutes ago, BBills83 said:

I can't believe the negativity. I wanted them to sit at 12 and take Jackson or Rosen, whichever was there. Not thrilled with Allen but I cannot claim to know more than Beane and McDermott. I am willing to trust the brain trust that got us our 1st playoff appearance in a generation.

Cool story bro...

Based on your logic, why post or join a message board. Literally none of us know as much or more about football or scouting players. Doesn’t mean we can’t discuss opinions or that they can be wrong.

I get annoyed with the “everybody is negative, none of you work for the NFL” response. It’s lazy and counterituitive to what the message board is all about. 

Defend it, hate it, say why you like the current staff, but this BS response is garbage.

Sorry. Generally not so attacking. I hate this pick. And this hit a nerve. Cheers and go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1

I wanted Rosen, but I’m gonna support this Allen kid. He does have ridiculous physical gifts so let’s hope the coaches are right and can put him together. I teach high school kids, they say stupid **** all the time so not gonna read into old tweets too much. That was a well played ploy by someone trying to get his client a better payday. It will be a 30 for 30in 5years

8 minutes ago, BBills83 said:

I can't believe the negativity. I wanted them to sit at 12 and take Jackson or Rosen, whichever was there. Not thrilled with Allen but I cannot claim to know more than Beane and McDermott. I am willing to trust the brain trust that got us our 1st playoff appearance in a generation.

So Andy Dalton made the pick? LOL

22 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Trust in the process  is shaken right now.

pft, why? cause our army of armchair GMs think their vast youtube experience is better than a whole staff of fulltime NFL scouts that have something like 100 years experience between them and have been scouting this kid to a degree for 3 years and spend a dozen hrs a day watching real game tape and actually have worked with the kid in person?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

As a fan of the sport I like Rosen and think he likely will be really good, but if I was on the coaching staff I probably would be put off when he says he might be angry at a coach if he’s not trying to his best every day. I bet there is a sense Allen is more coachable and they can fix his accuracy....if such a thing ever happened. It may not be accuracy with Allen but rather choosing the wrong option leading to incompletions and The Bills can coach himupmon how to make better reads. I hope they can.

Edited by Where’sLloyd

1 minute ago, stuvian said:

If Beane wants to hang his career on Allen so be it but I'm not sold. It feels like an epic reach. Let's hope McCarron can generate TDs for the foreseeable future

Reach? most every single mock draft have him top 10 if not top 5, NFL network had him going 1st overall today, you're BSing cause your mad

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

They were saying Arizona was trying to trade up for Allen. So I'm guessing we had to beat them out. 

We had 12, AZ had 15. Not to mention better 2nd and 3rd round picks.  Would not have been hard. 

5 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

pft, why? cause our army of armchair GMs think their vast youtube experience is better than a whole staff of fulltime NFL scouts that have something like 100 years experience between them and have been scouting this kid to a degree for 3 years and spend a dozen hrs a day watching real game tape and actually have worked with the kid in person?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't know,  are they like the whole staff of fulltime NFL scouts that have something like 100 years experience between them that picked EJ Manuel?

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

If Beane wants to hang his career on Allen so be it but I'm not sold. It feels like an epic reach. Let's hope McCarron can generate TDs for the foreseeable future

This ^ There is something very “Billsy” about this pick. We didn’t get a guy from a big time school who had vast success in college. Instead, we get the small school guy who was quite average in college. Allen just seems second rate. I remember being excited about Losman, Maybkn, Spiller and all those picks. Maybe I’ve just grown jaded, but this pick just feels wrong. It just doesn’t give me any reason to feel excited. I really hope I’m wrong. 

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

They were saying Arizona was trying to trade up for Allen. So I'm guessing we had to beat them out. 

heard the same thing, knew Az would move up. I think all the qbs were big ?s, keeping those 2 2nd rnd picks sure would have been nice.

• Like (+1) 1