HERE WE GO! GIANTS looking to TRADE DOWN

KDIGGZ

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

12:09 too early to start drinking?

I’m about to walk into an airport, the one place where it’s socially acceptable to drink at 9am (I’m PST, for now).

:beer::beer: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I need to disagree with you here. I think teams are very much so auctioning off their picks to highest bidder. It is like any other purchase and negotiation, as things got down to the end people will make moves.  Their are GM's waiting to see what other teams. Picks 2-6 are in play. Beane is most likely playing one off the other all day today. 

I think what Chuck means is the Bills have more capital than anyone can match.  The question is simply how much are they willing to pay not can they outbid someone else.  They absolutely can.  Do they want to is the only question. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Can we please just make the move to 4 right now and then work from there. Sitting here at 12 still has me panicked that something reaallllyyyyy bad is about to happen.

That will satisfy you for about 5 minutes.

Hilarious.

The Giants didn't think Darnold would fall, now that he will, they don't want to make the decision between Barkley and Darnold. 

Easier to trade down and take yourself off the hot seat than a.) pick a bad QB or b.) pick a running back over a QB who turns out to be really good. 

The case for the Bills moving to #2, the Giants moving to #4 and #22, and the Browns moving to #12 and picking up our 2019 first rounder is starting to make a LOT of sense for everyone if Mayfield goes #1. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Here come the Patriots...you just know it.

You think the Giants, Browns (after getting shut out on Jimmy G), Elway or the Colts want to help the Pats find their next franchise QB?  Heck, these teams could just be selling these picks to teams to take all the QBs from the Pats for all we know.

Just now, T-Bomb said:

It has the potential to be one of the most disappointing as well.

I can't recall anything like this since the mid-1980s Bruce Smith-Doug Flutie debate.   And that was pre-Internet.     

This is crazy...

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think what Chuck means is the Bills have more capital than anyone can match.  The question is simply how much are they willing to pay not can they outbid someone else.  They absolutely can.  Do they want to is the only question. 

I think this is true, but I had not really considered the Broncos at 5 as a team that would move up.  Seems to me that complicates calculations if they are a player.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Hilarious.

The Giants didn't think Darnold would fall, now that he will, they don't want to make the decision between Barkley and Darnold. 

Easier to trade down and take yourself off the hot seat than a.) pick a bad QB or b.) pick a running back over a QB who turns out to be really good. 

The case for the Bills moving to #2, the Giants moving to #4 and #22, and the Browns moving to #12 and picking up our 2019 first rounder is starting to make a LOT of sense for everyone if Mayfield goes #1. 

If your Buffalo why would you even involve the Giants at this point?   Simply trade 12 and 22 to the Browns for #4 and be done with it.

Gettleman overplayed his hand and tried to get 3 1st round picks by convincing Buffalo he was going to take Darnold.  If I am Beane I tell Gettleman to take a hike at this point and enjoy his runningback at number 2.

47 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And now all the real stuff comes back full circle after the 2 months of crap to fill space between combine and draft. 

how do you know this is real?   It ain't real until the commissioner calls out the name....less than 8 hours to go!!!!  Go Bills

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Absolutely. I believe they have identified the QB they want and they have the draft capital to get him. However, I just don't see this FO giving up more than what they feel is reasonable - and "reasonable" is a relative term at this point. This will be fun. Ultimately, I do think they will select a QB at the top of the draft. I just have to trust they pick the right one.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Hilarious.

I hadn't thought of it like that jrober.... but it is a very good point. They are trying to avoid making a decision that could come back to bite them. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

If your Buffalo why would you even involve the Giants at this point?   Simply trade 12 and 22 to the Browns for #4 and be done with it.

Gettleman overplayed his hand and tried to get 3 1st round picks by convincing Buffalo he was going to take Darnold.  If I am Beane I tell Gettleman to take a hike at this point and enjoy his runningback at number 2.

He should just take Darnold then.  This is such an easy selection for the Giants IMO and screws over the Bills.  If I were a Giants fan, I would be going insane if they pass over both Darnold and Rosen at #2 or trade the pick away.

1. Mayfield

2. Darnold

3. Rosen

4. Barkley

5. Allen to BUF via trade with DEN

Also possible, if Cleveland really does like Josh Allen, is to trade Mayfield to Buffalo for Allen + some large haul of picks.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think the only reason Broncos are leaking interest in QBs is to maximize this return on the 5th pick. It was mayfield forever and now all of a sudden today, when it appears mayfield won’t be there,  they like Darnold? Ok. 

I don't think this adds up.

The QBs actually need to get picked for their pick to have value. Just talking about it doesn't mean much if it doesn't happen. 

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Soon the conversation will go from everyone bitching that we have to move up, to everyone bitching that we gave up to much to move up. I can hardly wait...

I think you can rest assured that no matter who the Bills select, some segment of this board will have a meltdown. 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the only reason Broncos are leaking interest in QBs is to maximize this return on the 5th pick. It was mayfield forever and now all of a sudden today, when it appears mayfield won’t be there,  they like Darnold? Ok. 

The Broncos / Browns / Colts would love to be in on a deal for us going to 2.  Sell the Giants on getting the same guy while picking up some residual picks for a Bills overpay and still getting a similar level prospect at 12.

IMO the real question is if the Giants want that middle man or if they just want all the picks from the Bills.  Absent someone like Denver offering #5 / 2019 1st / other picks, I have to believe we are in the drivers seat for this pick, it's just ironing out the details.

Here's what I hope......

1.  The Giants stay put and don't draft a QB

or

2.  The Giants trade with the Bills and we end up with our guy

or

3.  This might be the best scenario......  Because of the personal relationship and friendship with Beane, even if they can't come to an agreement on a trade, Gettleman at least tips Beane off as to what they are looking to do.  If the Giants let Beane know they will not be trading with anyone else, and will not be taking a QB, then that information is almost as good as a trade.  The Bills know they can then do what they need to do to get to 4 and still get one of Mayfield, Darnold, or Rosen.

I'm not sure if that personal relationship is good enough to get that information out of Gettleman, but it would sure help provide clarity to Beane as to what he needs to pull off tonight.  It would also help to know who the Jets are taking, but that is probably less likely to be able to find out.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Soon the conversation will go from everyone bitching that we have to move up, to everyone bitching that we gave up to much to move up. I can hardly wait...

The the ONLY thing we know about this draft is that there will be someone on TBD that hates what we did and will threaten to “quit” the team / board... ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Because we need to get in front of the Jets. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

As long as it's not a trade up for Allen, I don't think you will hear that much out of too many.  Sure, there might be some upset as to the price to move up, but the majority of us will be fine with the price, no matter what it is, to land Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.

Edited by sven233

13 minutes ago, sven233 said:

As long as it;s not a trade up for Allen, I don't think you will hear that much out of too many.  Sure, there might be some upset as to the price to move up, but the majority of us will be fine with the price, no matter what it is, to land Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.

Right. 

To get to this point, with every pick rumored to be for sale and holding the most capital, to walk out without a legitimate QB prospect would be a disaster.