Whoa Josh Allen tweet - If it ain't white; it' aint right - the drop begins

23 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

What the hell are you talking about? I said months ago the Patriots will try and get up the board for Allen, If he drops that helps them does it not? 

Heck of a response though. 

I have thought for awhile that the ONLY thing that will change perception of Allen is if he goes to the Pats. The flip will be so hard it will be heard around the world. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I have thought for awhile that the ONLY thing that will change perception of Allen is if he goes to the Pats. The flip will be so hard it will be heard around the world. 

Irrespective of the tweet nonsense, I think the Bills will be making a big mistake if they draft Allen. He strikes me as an unholy combo of Drew Bledsoe and Brock Osweiler.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m fine if the Bills don’t get him but I’m not okay with the Pats getting him. If that makes any sense.

I feel like they are serious about getting a replacement for Brady and they aren’t going to sit idle if a guy like Allen is available. I’m limiting myself to one hot take for tonight, Allen is a Bill or Patriot.

30 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Has anyone found out who is paying Benjamin Allbright to post this on Twitter?  Not a coincidence that this came out the day before the draft.  Why would he just stumble on it then?

Coincidence??  LOL ?  NO !! but it wouldn’t be bad idea for the DemocRATS  to try and hire Benjamin Allbright !!!

Im sure all 32 teams are back to the drawing board as we speak , this will have a HUGE impact on today’s draft HOPEFULLY in our favor  

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Me too, I’m terrified. 

Bandit will be in contact with you very shortly. He will be extolling the virtues of Allen in order to relieve some of your anxieties. His message to you is to be brave and not fearful. I'm confident that the Bandito will not let you down. :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Bandit will be in contact with you very shortly. He will be extolling the virtues of Allen in order to relieve some of your anxieties. His message to you is to be brave and not fearful. I'm confident that the Bandito will not let you down. :)

Truthfully, Bandit’s pseudo-recommendation (he still has him as his qb4) is the only thing keeping me going 

• Like (+1) 1

Baker Mayfields agent leaked it.  Baker goes 1.

1 hour ago, Putin said:

You know what amazes me , is that with all the ( digging =information) that a team does on a kid before drafting him especially who’s been talked about being a potential 1st overall pick and nobody found ANYTHING! 

And now just hours away from (one ) of the most important day in the kids life and they pull this Shi,t , unbelievable  

Its funny if a team didn't know.  Imo its is more what will the media turn this into?  Will this pick up steam or blow over?  

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Truthfully, Bandit’s pseudo-recommendation (he still has him as his qb4) is the only thing keeping me going 

I'm not as afraid of Allen as many are. But when he is compared to Rosen I just don't see why he would be favored over the best passer and pro ready qb in this class. It's befuddling. Sometimes the valley of darkness can quickly change into the valley of light.  We shall see. 

3 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Oh I don't disagree.

I think you missed my point.

If somebody else screen captures it 3 years ago, right after you post it, scrubbing your Twitter won't remove it from wherever it was retweeted from.

Right, if someone screen captured it 3 years ago there's obviously nothing you can do. I would think, however, that with a big event like the NFL draft in your future the chances that someone goes fishing for something like this increases exponentially and it's in your best interest to not make it easy for them.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Would not shock me at all if this turned out to be the case. 

they didn't have to post racist tweets to get Josh Allen to drop.  all they had to do was post his stats

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm not as afraid of Allen as many are. But when he is compared to Rosen I just don't see why he would be favored over the best passer and pro ready qb in this class. It's befuddling. Sometimes the valley of darkness can quickly change into the valley of light.  We shall see. 

I too have Rosen ahead of Allen...I mean...Most do...

But I don't think it's all that befuddling...I think...and this is just the feeling I get because I have it myself...teams are getting a Sam Bradford injury-waiting-to-happen-in-the-NFL vibe off Rosen...And the 2 concussions last year don't help the worry...B-)

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Because sometimes non-stories look like stories for a few minutes or hours.

People said it was a result of mechanical problems. Now he's fixed the mechanics and his accuracy has improved a great deal. He absolutely can accurately throw a football. Still more to see, but this is far more than most guys with mechanical problems are able to do before they're even drafted.

They said the same thing about Tim Tebow. And????

What was he 15-16 when he posted it?  That's reaching way too much to change anything for me.  Imagine people publicizing every little poor decision you made when you were that young.  

7 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I too have Rosen ahead of Allen...I mean...Most do...

But I don't think it's all that befuddling...I think...and this is just the feeling I get because I have it myself...teams are getting a Sam Bradford injury-waiting-to-happen-in-the-NFL vibe off Rosen...And the 2 concussions last year don't help the worry...B-)

Most fans have him ahead of him, sure.  What about NFL scouts?  I think a lot of scouts like his potential more than the fans do.

9 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I know you want it to be a story , as hurt as you seem to be over what Rosen had to deal with.. But until I see it on a major outlet or actually affect his draft status, it is a non-story. It very well may turn into one; however, it isn't until it is.

So as i said give it to today and the major outlets would be addressing these. And they are. So guess not a non story huh

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

What was he 15-16 when he posted it?  That's reaching way too much to change anything for me.  Imagine people publicizing every little poor decision you made when you were that young.  

It's really loathsome the way individuals are subjected to malicious hyperscrutiny if it happens to somehow result in advantage for someone else.  Happens in politics, sports, private life.  Our technology has led to a deep level of corruption that utterly lacks compassion or common decency.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Most fans have him ahead of him, sure.  What about NFL scouts?  I think a lot of scouts like his potential more than the fans do.

Darnold was 14 and made a goal list to get to the NFL. So again at 14 these players that have these dreams of the league know better. And or should know enough to scrub their Social Media after not being offered out of HS 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So as i said give it to today and the major outlets would be addressing these. And they are. So guess not a non story huh

Right, a two paragraph write-up on ESPN that you have to actually look for. Keep trying Bobby. When it affects his draft status it will be a story.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Could be...

Allen's tools are elite...They are like top-tier elite...Mayock said it last night...Highest upside of anyone in this Draft, and it's not even close...

Still though I would be surprised if NFL Scouts were that much different than the general amateur Scouting community if only because the consensus seems to be SO clearly tilted towards Rosen...B-)

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Right, a two paragraph write-up on ESPN that you have to actually look for. Keep trying Bobby. When it affects his draft status it will be a story.

Keep trying. 

KZWS_MGC_normal.jpg mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL)
Some of the things I'm hearing from around the league on racist Josh Allen tweets:
1. He was kid, give him a break.
2. He was more than old enough to know better.
3. Black player texted me saying he thinks Allen will initially have problem in locker room.

So teams and players addressing it. But keep saying it is a non story

rolling stone senior writer 

j5jhZEVf_normal.jpg Jamil Smith (@JamilSmith)
Josh Allen will still be a top draft pick tonight in a league that refuses to employ Colin Kaepernick because racist speech is less of a threat to the NFL’s bottom line than is free speech. Too many NFL fans continue to accept African Americans as gladiators, but not as thinkers.
Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Keep trying. 

Some of the things I'm hearing from around the league on racist Josh Allen tweets:
3. Black player texted me saying he thinks Allen will initially have problem in locker room.

I cannot really make any more clear for you, but I will try. IF it affects his draft status and/or, I will now add, IF it affects his ability to interact with his teammates, THEN it will be an issue FOR ME. UNTIL THEN it is NOT.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Keep trying. 

rolling stone senior writer 

j5jhZEVf_normal.jpg Jamil Smith (@JamilSmith)
Josh Allen will still be a top draft pick tonight in a league that refuses to employ Colin Kaepernick because racist speech is less of a threat to the NFL’s bottom line than is free speech. Too many NFL fans continue to accept African Americans as gladiators, but not as thinkers.

Jamil Smith's statement is idiotic.

This isn't even the same ballpark as Kaepernick.

A 16 year old quoting a rap song isn't the same as making a political statement on the field as an adult.

3 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

The bolded thing was prob the only one that made me gasp.

I was like "oh dude, no, just no"

A lot of teenagers don't grasp the concept of that that word really means though, and they've grown up in a world that it's used in mainstream music frequently, same with the N word.

The words have definitely expanded their use in society, and while I'm not saying I agree with them, the frequency and instances they have been used in Allen's lifetime has grown to much higher than ever.

I've been on the receiving end of that word a few times. It typically comes from a place of sheer ignorance instead of bigotry. There's a couple of occasions where I've tried to work out why that person said it and try to approach it from their point of view. After all, if they choose to stay ignorant after I've tried to enlighten them, that's on them. I'm not the thought police :)

I've never been hurt by it but I know people who have. It'll probably irk me until the day I die because of that.

• Like (+1) 1