Whoa Josh Allen tweet - If it ain't white; it' aint right - the drop begins

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You’d be mortified if that was your son?

Really?

I bet you were a choir boy growing up, huh?

Yes, I'd be mortified if that was my teenage son posting things like that on social media. I'm not saying that I'm an angel either. I'm sure that I've done a ton of dumb **** that my parents would cringe at. The same way that I'd feel that would be a reflection of my parenting skills if my kid is talking about "punching faggots" and things of that ilk. 

He's guilty of being a dumb kid, nothing more. If he feels that way now about certain people or groups of people, that's his business. He's got to be a rookie walking into a veteran locker room somewhere next week, I certainly don't envy him that task with this stuff coming to light. 

Once that rookie deal is signed, he needs to fire his agent. There was 1st round talk about the kid for over a year and these tweets still exist. It's a PR problem for whoever drafts him in the short term.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, coldstorage5 said:

So here we go,

Allan is gonna slide now: https://sports.yahoo.com/offensive-tweets-josh-allen-surface-hours-nfl-draft-024847843.html

I liked the guy, Once a racist, always a racist....

Not true. My father used to make a lot of uncomfortable statements throughout my childhood. Those comments would make me sick to my stomach because my best friends were black or hispanic. Something in him changed about 25 years ago. A light switch came on for whatever reason. Since that time he has only dated black women, including his fiance now whom he has been with for the last 6 years. He did a complete 180. I think this guy's statements can be attributed to immaturity coupled with his upbringing. When you get out into the world on your own things begin to take a different shape. Hopefully in his case. 

33 minutes ago, coldstorage5 said:

So here we go,

Allan is gonna slide now: https://sports.yahoo.com/offensive-tweets-josh-allen-surface-hours-nfl-draft-024847843.html

I liked the guy, Once a racist, always a racist....

That was stupid of him to put this on social media ( even if he was a 16 year old kid ) no excuse for that , and I’m sure he will pay for that (literally) 

But GTFOH with this once a racist always a racist BS , I’m sure your a ? Angel and never said or done something stupid when you were a 16 year old , 

9 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Did you actually read the tweets?  

Yes.

I did.

Did you actually read the rest of my post?

I saw the nword twice.

One was clearly a rap song line, even in quotes.

The other one looked like something similar.

The tweet to @dictatorhitler is a famous troll Twitter acct that makes really offensive jokes.

All things that a moron teenager would post.

Just now, Mat68 said:

Cringe worthy? Yes.  Context of it from a 15,16 year old its not a big deal.  

I think it doesn't so much reflect who he is, but moreso how he was raised.

He seems fine now...besides referring to himself as a cowboy...liking Bon Jovi...wearing Pats jerseys...missing 5 yard passes to stationary target nets...moving his arms awkwardly when he runs...being just slightly cross-eyed...

He's fine.

Everything's fine.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Confirms my suspicion that the Patriots are going to do everything they can to get this kid.

So what are you saying Robert Craft who is a Jew is racist? Or is it Belicheat ? 

Or you just talking out of your A$$ and trying to be funny???

11 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Yes, I'd be mortified if that was my teenage son posting things like that on social media. I'm not saying that I'm an angel either. I'm sure that I've done a ton of dumb **** that my parents would cringe at. The same way that I'd feel that would be a reflection of my parenting skills if my kid is talking about "punching faggots" and things of that ilk. 

He's guilty of being a dumb kid, nothing more. If he feels that way now about certain people or groups of people, that's his business. He's got to be a rookie walking into a veteran locker room somewhere next week, I certainly don't envy him that task with this stuff coming to light. 

Once that rookie deal is signed, he needs to fire his agent. There was 1st round talk about the kid for over a year and these tweets still exist. It's a PR problem for whoever drafts him in the short term.

Yeah, all is forgiven and sometimes forgotten with success on the field. Many of the greats (Big Ben, Ray Lewis) have had their issues almost completely forgotten by the media. With the exception of a small group of fans who remember, their success overshadowed their character flaws. I’d be most worried that Allen is a project QB with accuracy issues. It’s unlikely that he gets off to a hot start imo. If he does struggle early on, this could become a distraction to the team who drafts him. I guess I somewhat believe that it would be just if he takes a big drop because there is no way Allen belongs in the top 10 to begin with imo. It would place unfair expectations on him, and these tweets only further complicate them. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

So what are you saying Robert Craft who is a Jew is racist? Or is it Belicheat ? 

Whoever released this the eve of the draft wants him to slide.  A team in need of a qb in the 20 could be the culprit.  

27 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:
1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yes.

I did.

Did you actually read the rest of my post?

I saw the nword twice.

One was clearly a rap song line, even in quotes.

The other one looked like something similar.

The tweet to @dictatorhitler is a famous troll Twitter acct that makes really offensive jokes.

All things that a moron teenager would post.

I did, I understand it was a rap line and also understand he was 16.  Take a look at exactly what I said; I stand by it.  It would be mortified if that was on my son's twitter account.

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Yeah, all is forgiven and sometimes forgotten with success on the field. Many of the greats (Big Ben, Ray Lewis) have had their issues almost completely forgotten by the media. With the exception of a small group of fans who remember, their success overshadowed their character flaws. I’d be most worried that Allen is a project QB with accuracy issues. It’s unlikely that he gets off to a hot start imo. If he does struggle early on, this could become a distraction to the team who drafts him. I guess I somewhat believe that it would be just if he takes a big drop because there is no way Allen belongs in the top 10 to begin with imo. It would place unfair expectations on him, and these tweets only further complicate them. 

I definitely think it hurts him as much or more than the other top 4 because he's viewed as a project, who might miss to begin with, so there was already a bunch of pressure and scrutiny on him to begin with.

Just now, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Are you mortified if your son listens to gagster rap?

He literally quoted rap.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Yeah, all is forgiven and sometimes forgotten with success on the field. Many of the greats (Big Ben, Ray Lewis) have had their issues almost completely forgotten by the media. With the exception of a small group of fans who remember, their success overshadowed their character flaws. I’d be most worried that Allen is a project QB with accuracy issues. It’s unlikely that he gets off to a hot start imo. If he does struggle early on, this could become a distraction to the team who drafts him. I guess I somewhat believe that it would be just if he takes a big drop because there is no way Allen belongs in the top 10 begin with imo. It would place unfair expectation on him, and with these tweets only further complicate them. 

If the NFL can gloss over Tyreek Hill punching a pregnant woman because he's fast, Josh will be just fine.

I'm on record as saying that I dislike him for the type of pick you'd have to spend on him. It would be so easy for me to kick him while he's down but I'll keep my objections to him purely on-field. There are players currently on the Bills roster that I'm not a massive fan of, there's been a couple that I've actively rallied against signing/drafting in recent years.

This isn't domestic violence or sexual assault. It's not a legal issue, it's a minor moral one. I really hope that he's matured, for his sake.

Edited by Blokestradamus
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m usually one to get mad at this type of thing, but there is nothing to any of these tweets. He uses the n-word the way it is used is the popular music of our time. White kids should not do this, but they do all the time. And the other thing is clearly a joke in response to another joke. I for one don’t believe that if he were a racist that it would be his business. I don’t want racists on the team, just like I don’t want domestic abusers. But Josh Allen does not reveal himself a racist in those tweets, only a 21st century teenager who didn’t consider himself an NFL prospect at the time. All that being said, I hope that the Bills don’t draft Paxton Lynch 2.0.

16 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

The bolded thing was prob the only one that made me gasp.

I was like "oh dude, no, just no"

A lot of teenagers don't grasp the concept of that that word really means though, and they've grown up in a world that it's used in mainstream music frequently, same with the N word.

The words have definitely expanded their use in society, and while I'm not saying I agree with them, the frequency and instances they have been used in Allen's lifetime has grown to much higher than ever.

4 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

If the NFL can gloss over Tyreek Hill punching a pregnant woman because he's fast, Josh will be just fine.

I'm on record as saying that I dislike him for the type of pick you'd have to spend on him. It would be so easy for me to kick him while he's down but I'll keep my objections to him purely on-field. There are players currently on the Bills roster that I'm not a massive fan of, there's been a couple that I've actively rallied against signing/drafting in recent years.

This isn't domestic violence or sexual assault. It's not a legal issue, it's a minor moral one. I really hope that he's matured, for his sake.

Well put.

8 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I definitely think it hurts him as much or more than the other top 4 because he's viewed as a project, who might miss to begin with, so there was already a bunch of pressure and scrutiny on him to begin with.

He literally quoted rap.

LOL...yes and yes.  You know he quoted rap on one of the quotes and are speculating on the other, while neglecting some of the other things contained in the posts.  

Is he a racist?  No.  Was he a dumb kid and would I be mortified if he was my son?  Yes.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

Just now, N.Y. Orangeman said:

LOL...yes and yes.  You know he quoted rap on one of the quotes and are speculating on the other, while neglecting some of the other things contained in the posts.  

Is he a racist?  Probably not.  Was he a dumb kid and would I be mortified if he was my son?  Yes.

You'd really be mortified that your son listened to gagster rap??

I'm sitting in traffic pumping Tupac as we speak.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

Because it was.

It was the 80s.

Coke was about as common as Advil.

I believe it was too.  I knew a guy back then that had friends at Pitt, and he said it was common knowledge, and everyone referred to Marino as Dr. Coke.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

You'd really be mortified that your son listened to gagster rap??

I'm sitting in traffic pumping Tupac as we speak.

Wow...you are playing a fun game of twisting words.  No; I would be mortified if he posted the "N" word on his social media pages.  

Edit-I am moving on from this.  Enjoy your day and Go Bills.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Because it was.

It was the 80s.

Coke was about as common as Advil.

My mom talks about going to UB faculty parties in the early 80s where the coke was right next to the wine and cheese. So not only did Dan Marino do coke, but his professors probably did too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Has anyone found out who is paying Benjamin Allbright to post this on Twitter?  Not a coincidence that this came out the day before the draft.  Why would he just stumble on it then?

16 minutes ago, Putin said:

What the hell are you talking about? I said months ago the Patriots will try and get up the board for Allen, If he drops that helps them does it not? 

Heck of a response though. 

3 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Wow...you are playing a fun game of twisting words.  No; I would be mortified if he posted the "N" word on his social media pages.  

Edit-I am moving on from this.  Enjoy your day and Go Bills.

15 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He literally quoted rap.

7 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Is he a racist?  No.  Was he a dumb kid and would I be mortified if he was my son?  Yes.

I asked you two questions.

I answered "yes and yes"

I twisted nothing.

Maybe you should think about your responses more carefully, lest they be misconstrued... 

You know... Like the same thing you're crucifying Allen for.

19 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Whoever released this the eve of the draft wants him to slide.  A team in need of a qb in the 20 could be the culprit.  

You know what amazes me , is that with all the ( digging =information) that a team does on a kid before drafting him especially who’s been talked about being a potential 1st overall pick and nobody found ANYTHING! 

And now just hours away from (one ) of the most important day in the kids life and they pull this Shi,t , unbelievable  

28 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I agree, Tyreek Hill’s issue is glossed over because he is good. Allen is a project with accuracy issues. If he looks like a bust early on (which is very possible) the media will be all over him. I’m in total agreement that he isn’t a guy I’d be using an early draft pick on to begin with.