Reported on NFL Network; Browns going Allen or Mayfield

Josh Allen or Mayfield going to at 1 might be bad news for the Bills.  It has been reported often that the only QB to temp the Giants at 2 is Darnold.  If the Browns bypass Darnold at 1, we could see QB 1-2-3 in this draft and that would not be good for us. 

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Josh Allen or Mayfield going to at 1 might be bad news for the Bills.  It has been reported often that the only QB to temp the Giants at 2 is Darnold.  If the Browns bypass Darnold at 1, we could see QB 1-2-3 in this draft and that would not be good for us. 

Suddenly pick 4 is highly valuable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Still works for us if we get to 4 or 5. 

1) Allen

2)Darnold

3)Mayfield/Rosen

4)Rosen/Mayfield (Bills)

I “liked” this post just now.  But then I realized, what if it goes:

1.) CLE - Mayfield

2.) NYG - Darnold

3.) NYJ - Rosen ?

11 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I “liked” this post just now.  But then I realized, what if it goes:

1.) CLE - Mayfield

2.) NYG - Darnold

3.) NYJ - Rosen ?

Then I don't know if Beane trades up. He said he had identified a franchise guy to go after. Is that Allen?

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Then I don't know if Beane trades up. He said he had identified a franchise guy to go after. Is that Allen?

Nope, the Bills are much smarter than the Browns.

This news is amazing if true!

Well Mayock just Mocked Darnold to Browns. Puts his 10 year correct 1st pick streak on the line 

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

Mayock is doing his mock draft and said it will be Sam Darnold. He has a history of getting the #1 pick right. Several years in a row I believe.

Yep 10 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

Was obvious browns were going Darnold since season was over. Allen was smoke and mirrors, he sucks. 

Throughout all this mess I felt this way too. Ever since Haslam talked to Mr and Mrs Darnold.

Look.....  I personally love Mayfield.  I would give up a ton to have him be a Bill tomorrow.

That said, the Browns are not taking Mayfield first overall tomorrow.  No way.

I know it is being reported that it is between Allen and Mayfield, but I don't buy it one bit.   I have believed, and will continue to believe, it's Darnold until they pick someone else.

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

First 4 picks won’t be quarterbacks.. I’d be willing to bet anything on that.  

Legit question: What is the highest number of QBs ever drafted consecutively, beginning with #1 overall?

I just can't see the Browns being overly risky at 1.  If it is between these two they have to take Mayfield.  It'll suck if they do but they have to.  Allen at 1 is just way to major of a risk.

13 minutes ago, yungmack said:

He also said the Bills trade to 6 and take...Allen, with Rosen sitting there. 

He's not the only one that has said that today.  Makes me think the Bills do like Allen somewhat.

Edited by NewEraBills

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Meanwhile, other sources are reporting that the Browns are taking Darnold.

So, to recap, the Browns are either taking Mayfield, Darnold, or Allen.

Yep, that's the info we have right now.

Which means Rosen at 1.