Richie Incognito Retires Via Twitter - Now Confirmed

Virgil

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Who cares...he's paid to block.The off field issues are nobody's business. 

I could care less about the off field incidents, I care about his health 

and he has been acting strange on twitter, even for incognito 

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, "all."  Even Jonathan Martin...until he conveniently used Ritchie as an excuse for his failures.  I haven't heard one (besides the obvious) say anything bad about him.  But even if a few had, "most of" doesn't really change much of anything, does it? 

You see the fact you can't escape with all your snark about "beards" and winning the Nobel Prize is that his black teammates on the Dols loved him and supported him over a fellow black player.  And while he came to the Bills with a rep, they ended up loving him as well.  What makes you think you have any special insight into anything, much less speak for the black community?   

And how about Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Tannehill, Bortles, Watson, Rivers, Keenum, Manning, Cousins and Garroppolllo?  My point stands.  There is absolutely no need to rush a rookie to play.  I know what you're trying to do here. 

How did you conclude that every single one of RI's black team mates "loved him"?  Including Martin as one is typical doc absurdity/pretzel logic.

I don't have special insight.  How much would one need to understand his true feelings as when he discusses with his WHITE bros which gun/scope combo is best for shooting black people?

And you said "top QBs".  If you are now welcoming in Tannehill, Bortles, Watson, Keenum and Garropolo in that group---well, you do need to make your point somehow I guess--even if you change your point as you struggle to make it.  Also, Brees wasn't a 1st round pick.  Neither was Garrapolo, Cousins, Keenum--and, most famously, Brady.....you get the idea.  Most of them were drafted as backups, so your argument makes no sense as a counterpoint to what said. No one is "rushing" the backup to play, or to play ever. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Come on man. He's done.

You're most likely right. I'm not sure the Bills would take him back at this point anyway, even if he did want to come back. 

I'm just saying that I think there was more to him retiring than medical reasons (I'm not even sure the medical issues were his main reason for retiring). IMO This situation is just not playing out like someone who was more/less forced into retirement due to a medical condition. 

For example, look at this tweet. This is from the same day that the Wood retirement news came out. Bills immediately tweeted this -

And all these congratulations from teammates -

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/teammates-send-well-wishes-after-eric-wood-retires

Edited by BillsFan4

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

How did you conclude that every single one of RI's black team mates "loved him"?  Including Martin as one is typical doc absurdity/pretzel logic.

I don't have special insight.  How much would one need to understand his true feelings as when he discusses with his WHITE bros which gun/scope combo is best for shooting black people?

And you said "top QBs".  If you are now welcoming in Tannehill, Bortles, Watson, Keenum and Garropolo in that group---well, you do need to make your point somehow I guess--even if you change your point as you struggle to make it.  Also, Brees wasn't a 1st round pick.  Neither was Garrapolo, Cousins, Keenum--and, most famously, Brady.....you get the idea.  Most of them were drafted as backups, so your argument makes no sense as a counterpoint to what said. No one is "rushing" the backup to play, or to play ever. 

I concluded it from the fact that not a single black teammate said anything bad about him.  You would think that teammates that thought he was just OK, and especially those who didn't like him, would have come out and slammed him after getting suspended, but no one did. 

And yeah, I'm sure his black teammates didn't see the things he said to Martin, but hey, you did and you're white, so you know better, right?  Give me a break.

Sorry, I was just taking your lead when you threw-in the likes of Winston, Mariota, Prescott, and Dalton into the "top QB" category.  And the point wasn't to compare the exact numbers of starters versus sitters when merely a list of Brady, Brees, Manning, Rivers, and Rodgers is more than enough to make my point.  And no, draft position doesn't matter, unless you're grasping at straws (like you're doing). 

The bottom line is there is no critical need to rush a rookie QB into the lineup.  I would say this even if RI were still playing (which might be the case).

On 4/12/2018 at 6:50 PM, Doc said:

They probably learned from the Eric Wood fiasco, and are likely gearing up for a fight over unamortized bonus money.

They should IMO.  The Bills were taken in previous administrations and need to stop being "nice guy" in contracts.

No more clauses in contracts like for "big stuff" written by Jim Overdorf not allowing bonuses taken back by team for drugs.

Do not let players threaten to sit out forcing trade by agent current in hell.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

I concluded it from the fact that not a single black teammate said anything bad about him.  You would think that teammates that thought he was just OK, and especially those who didn't like him, would have come out and slammed him after getting suspended, but no one did. 

And yeah, I'm sure his black teammates didn't see the things he said to Martin, but hey, you did and you're white, so you know better, right?  Give me a break.

Sorry, I was just taking your lead when you threw-in the likes of Winston, Mariota, Prescott, and Dalton into the "top QB" category.  And the point wasn't to compare the exact numbers of starters versus sitters when merely a list of Brady, Brees, Manning, Rivers, and Rodgers is more than enough to make my point.  And no, draft position doesn't matter, unless you're grasping at straws (like you're doing). 

The bottom line is there is no critical need to rush a rookie QB into the lineup.  I would say this even if RI were still playing (which might be the case).

So, silence equals consent now?  Interesting.  So, extending your conclusion logically, every black American (that heard or read them) who did not say anything bad about RI's comments about also must therefore "love" Incognito.

As for the Qbs, to refresh:  the point was that top of first round QB draft picks are picked to start as rookies in this league.  So, mentioning a bunch of guys who were drafted to be backups and then pointing at them as examples as rookies who needed time on the bench before starting is nonsense.  Do you think the pats were "seasoning" Brady as the net starting QB by making him 3rd on the depth chart, awaiting their franchise QB's inevitable traumatic hemothorax?  Rodgers is not a typical 1st round pick.  He was drafted as the future replacement of a still productive Favre.  Rivers was drafted as the ASAP replacement of a struggling Brees. 

Top drafted QBs in this league are drafted to start as rookies.  You haven't successfully disputed this fact.

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I do. He's still an above average G.

If Kyle can keep him in check, but Im worried about what he'll do to the mindset of our young OL without Wood around. And if he's only there so he doesnt have to payback the bonus, and his heart isnt in it, he may not be that above average anymore. I guess bring him into camp if he shows up, but he'd be on a short leash.

The Man has a strange sense of humor.

lets see what Monday brings.

Glad to find out about all the negative vibes from fans. The ones who have reached and even jumped to conclusions based on his wacky tweets.

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

The Man has a strange sense of humor.

lets see what Monday brings.

Glad to find out about all the negative vibes from fans. The ones who have reached and even jumped to conclusions based on his wacky tweets.

Incognito: "i'm a retard"

Fans: "You're a retard"

You: "Why are you guys calling him a retard?"

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

Incognito: "i'm a retard"

Fans: "You're a retard"

You: "Why are you guys calling him a retard?"

not sure your point.

But i did get a laugh !

But i too,;) have an odd sense of humor

• Haha (+1) 1

So what is the deal here?  Unless I am misinterpreting some of the posts, did Richie do something such that he will not be welcomed back?  If so, what was it?

The reduction in his compensation this year did not make sense to me when it happened.  Yes, he is now an older, veteran player, but he still graded out as one of the top guards and was a pro-bowl selection this past year.  His compensation was not particularly high compared to other quality guards.

I had been wondering whether the Bills extracted a price for their support during the season for the incident involving the defensive lineman from the Jags.  I am sure the Bills were not happy about that incident after taking a chance on RI after his situation with the Dolphins.  After these incidents and his recent outbursts, I doubt there is any team that would offer a draft pick for RI.  

I hope the Bills and RI can work things out, although the vibe seems to be that bridges have been burned.  His loss would be significant, particularly in light of Wood's unanticipated retirement.

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yep, all very normal behavior for an NFL player retiring over medical issues.

Nothing to see here... lol

:D

oh heck i thinks it's worth watching.

But i do not care for messing with Fans headspace. We take this team and Game very seriously.

9 hours ago, Doc said:

C'mon man, is that how you would behave when one of your co-workers gets in trouble?  Really?

1) Karma's a b*tch man.  You kick someone when they're down, could come back to haunt you.  D*ckhead move to speak out. 

2) Anyone who spoke out against, was gonna find themselves invited to talk more to the Investigation, causing themselves needless grief.

3) As well as putting themselves at odds with Richie's friends and supporters, again causing themselves needless grief

I've been in situations where I was pretty objectively treated unfairly, in measurable ways, at work.  I dealt with it quietly while it was in my interest to stay, made plans, and rolled away quietly when it served my interests better.   It would be a big mistake of anyone to conclude that not speaking out meant I just loved everyone I worked for/with.

7 hours ago, Heitz said:

Interesting that he keeps ending all of his posts with the "crying laughing" emoji.  Is he just trolling us ALL?

That would be the most reasonable conclusion.  A mite short sighted of Mr Incognito, but Whatev's

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Have a blast Ritchie, and say hello to Mom for us.  Just be sure to return that 1.5 million signing bonus ASAP.  Enjoy your year of retirement!!

On 4/14/2018 at 10:57 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Finally, someone who matters has the guts to speak out against these ridiculous antics.  Thanks for having the balls, Thurman.

• Like (+1) 2

What Brandon Beane, Sean McDermott said about Richie Incognito and Bills' o-line

Orchard Park, N.Y. -- 
Richie Incognito kept himself in the spotlight last week by retiring from the NFL and then sending a series of tweets to the Buffalo Bills that had some people wondering what his next move might be. 

But when the Bills opened up their offseason conditioning program on Monday, Bills general manager Brandon Beane and coach Sean McDermott didn't want to give the topic the time of day. When the two were asked about Incognito, McDermott sat silent while Beane offered a terse response. 

"You know, not really going to get into details," Beane said. "Richie is on the reserved/retired list, which is not a part of our 90-man roster. That's really where we're at."

On 4/15/2018 at 6:31 PM, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Rosen’s interview with Brandon bean 

Josh Rosen lack of Athleticism 

Yea this definitely belonged in this thread about Richie Incognito.  Why don't you tell us again how you feel about Josh Rosen?