If Allen Goes 1st Overall is the Season Already Over?

Season Over if Allen Goes #1  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Season Over if Allen Goes #1?

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If Peter King's "report" is accurate, and the Browns do end up taking Allen #1, leaving Darnold at 2 for the Giants, should Beane and McDermott give up, trade down for a 2019 1st and tank for Justin Herbert/Drew Lock/Jacob Eason/Shea Patterson?

An accurate report from a "friend" of Dorsey stating his own opinion?

Just more speculation

Just now, NewEraBills said:

I don't ever believe in giving up a season.  You just do what you can and let things play out.  I don't like a defeatist mentality.

If the Browns actually get a franchise QB this year you have to think tanking is worth everything. You look at the Browns roster and look at what they could add after the draft....

They could easily have turned the corner.

It would be fine. I see Allen as an NFL bust and perennial backup. Darnold will be the best qb from this class. If he falls to 2 then that will at least give us a chance to deal with Gettleman. If the Giants covet Sam which they should than we have to pray the Jets don't draft Mayfield.  I would NEVER trade up for Allen, Rosen or Jackson. 

There is not way of knowing if Gettleman would take a QB at 2.  I believe Gettleman is just drumming up the price for 2.  They will want a ransom or they will take Darnold.  They hold all the cards here.  Until the Giants are on the clock the price wont reach its largest figure.  The next guess is who does the Giants value positional wise?  Chubb, Nelson?  Maybe Buffalo trades up for either of those guys and trade the players once they know you have their guy.  There is many outcomes but i do not expect them to playout until they are on the clock and there is no doubt who is available.  PR wise Beane is going to wait for the draft to trade so they can say we moved up for x player and x player only.  

Edited by Mat68

3 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

If the Browns actually get a franchise QB this year you have to think tanking is worth everything. You look at the Browns roster and look at what they could add after the draft....

They could easily have turned the corner.

If they draft Allen they're screwed for the next 4-5 years. 

Otherwise their roster could be really good. They should have made a huge run at Cousins and kept all their picks. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If Peter King's "report" is accurate, and the Browns do end up taking Allen #1, leaving Darnold at 2 for the Giants, should Beane and McDermott give up, trade down for a 2019 1st and tank for Justin Herbert/Drew Lock/Jacob Eason/Shea Patterson?

I think no matter who goes #1 you should leave.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Very, very doubtful that that happens.

Based on what?  The fact he played very well when called upon to step in for Dalton?  Based on the fact he came back from a large deficit against the steelers in a playoff game?  A playoff game they would have wom if it was not for idiots on their defence.  

4 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

How do you know?

The guy only has 3 National Championships.

He also has never had a real shot

Really??? Hmmm so they guy with 3 National Championships couldnt beat out ANDY FREAKING DALTON

and Had ZERO absolutely ZERO market this offseason

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Because MAJBobby said so, based on the fact that he never surpassed Andy Dalton for the starting job in Cincinnati.

Hey Look this jackass with absolutely zero to say with yet another call out post 

13 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Mcbeane uses the picks to put together a Minnesota type team only with a great run game and mccarron plays well and we win a lot of games 

Minnesota had a great running game. They were only missing the QB.

But I get your point. We could be the new Chiefs, getting to the playoffs and losing our first game with little hope of advancing every season. That is an improvement, but who shoots for that?

I see Allen going #1 as a GREAT thing, because it pushes all the better prospects (in my mind) down.

Edited by TheFunPolice

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Really??? Hmmm so they guy with 3 National Championships couldnt beat out ANDY FREAKING DALTON

Hey Look this jackass with absolutely zero to say with yet another call out post 

They asked me why I answered the way I did, I answered them truthfully.  No need to get bent out of shape, Private.

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

There is not way of knowing if Gettleman would take a QB at 2.  I believe Gettleman is just drumming up the price for 2.  They will want a ransom or they will take Darnold.  They hold all the cards here.  Until the Giants are on the clock the price wont reach its largest figure.  The next guess is who does the Giants value positional wise?  Chubb, Nelson?  Maybe Buffalo trades up for either of those guys and trade the players once they know you have their guy.  There is many outcomes but i do not expect them to playout until they are on the clock and there is no doubt who is available.  PR wise Beane is going to wait for the draft to trade so they can say we moved up for x player and x player only.  

Lol.  On one hand teams must do WHATEVER it takes to get a QB.  Trade away two years worth of picks. On the other hand a team that has pick 2 might not want a QB.  Makes total sense.

it doesn't matter what sequence takes place.  QBs are going 123 and then either 4 or 5.  Allen is the only one that could fall at all due to him sucking out loud.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And yet a year ago he was slated to be traded. He didn't hurt his stock for poor play this year. He probably was the forgotten man due to Cousins, keenum's great year, and the fact that Bridgewater, etc were available. Not saying he is our savior by no means, but I think he's a solid #2 and a decent option as a bridge

They asked me why I answered the way I did, I answered them truthfully.  No need to get bent out of shape, Private.

What post have you ever made that has ANY football knowledge???  You are a weak Minded jackass that thinks calling others out makes you special. 

Go back to your House Mommy is calling 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I've actually been wondering about this but couldn't find the right place to post.

Do we know for sure if it's a good or bad thing if the Browns take Josh Allen @ #1? 

Obviously it's bad if that means the Giants take Darnold @ #2.  But is it really a sure thing that would happen?

If the Browns take Allen @ 1 and the Giants DON'T take a QB at 2, that would be a dream scenario (for those of us that don't want the Bills to draft Allen) since it likely means at least one of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield will either be there at 12 or at the very least fall to the bottom of the top 10 if we can stay ahead of Miami/Arizona.  

If 1/2/3 goes Allen/Darnold/QB to Jets, that is pretty close to worst case scenario though.  

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I think no matter who goes #1 you should leave.

I missed that option on the poll.  Maybe it can be ammended?

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Klaista2k does

Holy Christmas, is this a "Tattle on Klaista2k" thread?

I assume that even if we miraculously land a top QB by moving up in the draft that we will still be in our famous 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 mode for at least a couple more seasons.  I'll still be very excited to watch the games with a new potential franchise QB, but my expectations wouldn't be playoffs.

So....im confuse... How is Allen going 1st overall effecting the Bills??? Please help me understand this logic before I vote

30 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Mcbeane uses the picks to put together a Minnesota type team only with a great run game and mccarron plays well and we win a lot of games 

Wow... it's good to WANT things

Just now, Scorp83 said:

So....im confuse... How is Allen going 1st overall effecting the Bills??? Please help me understand this logic before I vote

If Allen goes #1, that leaves Darnold for the Giants.  Word going around is that, if Darnold is available to them, the Giants won't trade out.

As a result, this means Allen goes #1, Darnold #2 and the Jets take Rosen at 3.  At that point, Beane would have to do whatever it takes to get to #4 to take Mayfield, before Denver does.

If Beane can't get the Browns to agree to a deal, then he'll be stuck with Lamar Jackson and Rudolph at 12 and the majority of fans don't want either of them at 12.

I think even if we drafted Allen and especially Allen of the top 4 QBs he is the biggest project/ work in progress and may not even start a game this year for us. So that being said he could have little to no effect on this season. Rosen and Mayfield are more pro ready than Allen and I think Darnold is going to have a rough curve as well.

If Allen goes #1, that leaves Darnold for the Giants.  Word going around is that, if Darnold is available to them, the Giants won't trade out.

As a result, this means Allen goes #1, Darnold #2 and the Jets take Rosen at 3.  At that point, Beane would have to do whatever it takes to get to #4 to take Mayfield, before Denver does.

If Beane can't get the Browns to agree to a deal, then he'll be stuck with Lamar Jackson and Rudolph at 12 and the majority of fans don't want either of them at 12.

Thanks for this! If this is what the OP is getting at... then he must be the biggest Allen supporter. Allen going to any team other then the Bills will already be a great night! The Broncos might not spend high for a QB, plus they want to address other needs... I think we'll be fine... & if not Lamar Jackson is a great option at 12. I'm not going to repeat myself, but I'm very well documented on this forum on the improvement of Jackson & how he has more growth to go

Just now, Scorp83 said:

Thanks for this! If this is what the OP is getting at... then he must be the biggest Allen supporter. Allen going to any team other then the Bills will already be a great night! The Broncos might not spend high for a QB, plus they want to address other needs... I think we'll be fine... & if not Lamar Jackson is a great option at 12. I'm not going to repeat myself, but I'm very well documented on this forum on the improvement of Jackson & how he has more growth to go

I'm the OP and I am NOT an Allen supporter.

Also, Lamar Jackson is NOT a great option at 12.  He's a 6 foot 3 inch version of Tyrod Taylor, who was traded.