Browns will be better than....

...the Bills (ducks)

I said last year that I would trade rosters and situations with them. In 2 years that will look like a no-brainer. The Browns are better than us now everywhere but the secondary and the backfield. If they draft Barkley that gap closes as well. They have talent. They just happen to be the Browns so...

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...the Bills (ducks)

I said last year that I would trade rosters and situations with them. In 2 years that will look like a no-brainer. The Browns are better than us now everywhere but the secondary and the backfield. If they draft Barkley that gap closes as well. They have talent. They just happen to be the Browns so...

Damn it you beat me to this!

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...the Bills (ducks)

I said this today and got laughed at but it's true unfortunately. They have a lot of young talent and now they are adding playmakers. Tyrod will get them to .500 and Darnold can take them over the hump next year. Add Barkley in the mix and they have an actual offense now. They have a lot of picks in this draft so they will add the supporting pieces.

• Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...the Bills (ducks)

I'll take McDermotte all day long over Jackson.

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...the Bills (ducks)

You forgot coaching as well.

I think we have a better coaching staff.

A Browns fan buddy in Cincinnati texted me the Super Bowls odds today. Vegas has the Browns far more likely than the Bengals. He didn’t include the Bills. I like the Browns direction and tools, but I also feel better about the Bills than I have since....right after the SB days? 

Edited by Augie

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So you like McDermott over Jackson and that’s fine. I do too. By the time the draft is over where else do you think that the Bills will be better?

RB. I don't care how good Barkley is, if they even draft him, shady is still much better, currently. He's a very high bar to reach.

Secondary. White and Hyde are better than anybody in the Brown's secondary. Poyer looks to be as well. If Davis is 80% his former self than he's better too.

That's about all I can be sure of.

Honestly though?

The Browns might win 8-9 games.

They have done a great job rebuilding on paper.

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Surprised you haven't got absolutely crushed for this. But I agree.

Unless Hue is an absolute disaster next year, I expect them to be better than the Bills. 

That is a very strong possibility though

Edited by SouthNYfan

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

RB. I don't care how good Barkley is, if they even draft him, shady is still much better, currently. He's a very high bar to reach.

Secondary. White and Hyde are better than anybody in the Brown's secondary. Poyer looks to be as well. If Davis is 80% his former self than her better too.

That's about all I can be sure of.

Honestly though?

The Browns might win 8-9 games.

They have done a great job rebuilding on paper.

Shady is terrific, but approaching the finish line. Barkley is coming in with a lot of tread on the tires. Not comparing who is better, just who has more career in front of them. 

Neither team is looking at a SB next year. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So you like McDermott over Jackson and that’s fine. I do too. By the time the draft is over where else do you think that the Bills will be better?

Honestly I agree with you for the most part.  They should be stacked but they still have to hit on those picks.  Also I would say our offensive line situations are pretty similar.  We at least have our LT for the foreseeable future while there LT and best offensive lineman all together just retired.

Ok I got you guys on record for saying the Browns are going to have a better record next season than the Bills. I disagree that they will be a better team but I will wait until it plays out before I get my laughs in. I think your just in love with the draft picks they have so I can forgive you. 

Going from winless to 500 is a leap of faith in my opinion. I'll take the guys that can strip a team for rescource and still make the playoffs over the guys that dump all these high picks into thier team and not win a single game every day 24/7. Those picks they have don't fool me. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...the Bills (ducks)

We have had this discussion before where we both believe that the Browns have more younger core players than we do. And we both agree (I think) that if the Brown wisely use their draft capital and cap space that they can make a quantum leap forward with the impending infusion of talent. 

The Browns installed a respected GM who surrounded himself with good football people. What I don't understand is why the new GM didn't clear out the coaching staff and start fresh. I'm not suggesting that Hue Jackson is a bad coach. However, he is a coach who represents the failed past. I thought that the new GM should have hired his own HC and make it clear that the franchise was on a new path.

The mistake that the Browns made was the same crushing mistake that the Bills made in that it declined or delayed to draft a high end qb prospect when they had the opportunity to do so. They passed on Goff and Wentz and last year they passed on Watson. They took Kizer in the second round when prior to that selection they could have had Watson.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Everywhere except pass rush and wide receiver. Their best player retired this offseason. 

I think you love their roster way more than it deserves. 

The Browns have the stigma that they will always do something to hurt their chances to be successful. It’s like what Tampa Bay was or New Orleans or Philly. Until a team wins a SB or at least wins at an above 50% percentage more times than not, they will be viewed as  one of the ‘loser’ franchises.

The Browns could and should be better than they were and maybe the Bills next year. The Browns also could draft one of the QB’s who turns out to never develop. Barkley could get drafted by the Browns and suffer injuries that stahl his career. I have no idea what to expect from them. I  like Hue Jackson and think he is a good coach and better person. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Everywhere except pass rush and wide receiver. Their best player retired this offseason. 

I think you love their roster way more than it deserves. 

I think their OL is better, Tyrod/Darnold > McCarron/?, if they draft Barkley RB will be close (and they have better depth with Hyde & Duke), they are way better at LB too. 

We have the advantage at DT. 

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think their OL is better, Tyrod/Darnold > McCarron/Peterman, if they draft Barkley RB will be close (and they have better depth with Hyde & Duke), they are way better at LB too. 

We have the advantage at DT. 

I filled the ? for you. I would hate to think we traded Tyrod for a 3rd if they didn't seriously think they could find an upgrade. I can't imagine how bad that will look if Tyrod lights it up and who ever we start is worse. That will be very telling. If that happens I will kinda lose serious faith in the GM and HC.

Imagine the media bashing that will come with that. How good Tyrod looks for the Browns will effect how the Bills look for shipping him for a pick.  

Edited by Lfod

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

We have had this discussion before where we both believe that the Browns have more younger core players than we do. And we both agree (I think) that if the Brown wisely use their draft capital and cap space that they can make a quantum leap forward with the impending infusion of talent. 

The Browns installed a respected GM who surrounded himself with good football people. What I don't understand is why the new GM didn't clear out the coaching staff and start fresh. I'm not suggesting that Hue Jackson is a bad coach. However, he is a coach who represents the failed past. I thought that the new GM should have hired his own HC and make it clear that the franchise was on a new path.

The mistake that the Browns made was the same crushing mistake that the Bills made in that it declined or delayed to draft a high end qb prospect when they had the opportunity to do so. They passed on Goff and Wentz and last year they passed on Watson. They took Kizer in the second round when prior to that selection they could have had Watson.  

Haslam kept Hue Jackson against Dorsey’s wishes because of clauses in his contract that would have dramatically escalated his compensation if he was fired before the start of the 2018 season.  Expect him to have a very short leash if the season starts off poorly.  Haslam should have eaten that contract anyway.  Notably Sashi Brown wanted to draft Wentz at 2 but Jackson didn’t want him.  Despite Hue spinning it the other way later that was known at the time of the trade to the Iggles.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Shady is terrific, but approaching the finish line. Barkley is coming in with a lot of tread on the tires. Not comparing who is better, just who has more career in front of them. 

Neither team is looking at a SB next year. 

Except this thread is about THIS UPCOMING SEASON, not about who will have more years left.

The answer to who ANY team in football would rather have next year alone is Shady > Barkley.

The answer to who ANY team in football would rather have for the next 5 years of Barkley > Shady.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

They did it right. Yes two terrible years in a row. But now? They’re gonna load up and be a beast

Yep.

We should have been terrible last year.

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...the Bills (ducks)

Well, I had them to win the North last year at 33-1...just a slight bit off! :lol:

8 hours ago, Augie said:

A Browns fan buddy in Cincinnati texted me the Super Bowls odds today. Vegas has the Browns far more likely than the Bengals. He didn’t include the Bills. I like the Browns direction and tools, but I also feel better about the Bills than I have since....right after the SB days? 

the win totals will be out after the draft, and you will NOT get a good deal on the Browns. Lots of folks jumping on them. Thye are now the hot "sneaky good" team, which obviously means they are not "sneaky" anymore. I predict the line  at 6 1/2 win total, but a huge vig on the over..something like - 160 to win 100.

Bookmakers know this huge groundswell of the "the Browns are going to surprise and be really good" is out there and will entice you like hell to bet the over...be very weary!!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Surprised you haven't got absolutely crushed for this. But I agree.

Unless Hue is an absolute disaster next year, I expect them to be better than the Bills. 

Thats because your a silly man who thinks Tyrod is good.