The Wunderlich test for quarterbacks

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Kelly and Marino, along with other low wonderlic scorers over the years, were able to allay the concerns about the poor test performance with their ability to impress with their football knowledge in interviews, including in depth breakdowns on the chalkboard. It's been reported that Jackson has not been impressive in his interviews when it comes to breaking down various plays and retaining various information. That's what makes a low score a red flag. 

Ahhh   the 80's      What a time.....     2 party boys from central Pennsylvania   did people expect better?  

Just now, BuffaloSol said:

Why is he an a hole, I just looked it up and those are apparently minimum scores for those professions when those jobs require a wunderlich test. 

https://www.jobtestprep.com/wonderlic-scores-by-professions

It was a joke and you failed at understanding. An a-hXXe can be anyone between 1-50 on the Wonderlich. Sorry to confuse.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Ahhh   the 80's      What a time.....     2 party boys from central Pennsylvania   did people expect better?  

I don't mean to single out Kelly and Marino, but they are two HOFers often mentioned in the low wonderlic discussions. And yeah, nobody ever confused them with keen intellects so I don't think much was expected in that department, lol. But they could break down a defense and expound on various defensive concepts and why certain offensive schemes may work against them during the interview process in their draft years. That's all that matters to teams and I'm concerned about the reports of Jackson's poor performance along those lines in his various interviews so far. 

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

It was a joke and you failed at understanding. An a-hXXe can be anyone between 1-50 on the Wonderlich. Sorry to confuse.

I know but why is it a joke that he is an A-hxxe? What did that have to do with the twitter feed? Is the guy that posted it an A-hxxe, I don't know him.

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don't mean to single out Kelly and Marino, but they are two HOFers often mentioned in the low wonderlic discussions. And yeah, nobody ever confused them with keen intellects so I don't think much was expected in that department, lol. But they could break down a defense and expound on various defensive concepts and why certain offensive schemes may work against them during the interview process in their draft years. That's all that matters to teams and I'm concerned about the reports of Jackson's poor performance along those lines in his various interviews so far. 

No worries.

26CP  mentioned Dan Marino,  but failed to include Jim Kelley.  If you lived through the late 70's and early 80's at the right age you would understand the mentality I spoke of.  

I really don't think they gave a crap.  

I wonder what Terry Bradshaw's # was.  Talk about a good old country boy.  

in today's Social Awareness  world   much and more matters

• Like (+1) 1

Well lamars is not as bad as Vince Youngs first test of 6 or Jeff George's 10. Lamar was dumb not to get an agent, probably would have made him study harder, even a couple more points would have made a difference in perception. I think Vince Young  got a 14 eventually. 

Side note does  anyone know what leodis Mckelvin had as a wunderlich, no way it could have been to high.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

FWIW:

Useless? That's simply not true. If you have ever taken it you can tell it does measure intelligence plus brain processing speed.

It is not the end all for a player but, it's definitely not helping Lamar. 

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

First time I took it I got a 44

What field do you work in?

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Kelly and Marino, along with other low wonderlic scorers over the years, were able to allay the concerns about the poor test performance with their ability to impress with their football knowledge in interviews, including in depth breakdowns on the chalkboard. It's been reported that Jackson has not been impressive in his interviews when it comes to breaking down various plays and retaining various information. That's what makes a low score a red flag. 

Do we have any more relevant comparisons than two guys drafted 35 years ago?

The very fact prospects today know teams put stock in this, and they have the ability to prepare for it, tells me a lot about a player if he does poorly.  I wouldn't draft a guy who showed up to the combine fat and out of shape no matter what he did in college, just as I wouldn't draft a QB who bombed the test when he knew it was coming.   

I've been thinking the Bills should stay put and take Jackson at 12. I don't think the other 4 will be there. But that score would make me take him off the board. Think now the Bills have to at least get to 6. Otherwise let's hope Edmunds or the Georgia LB are still there at 12 and shoot for a Lauletta type in Rd 2 or 3. 

6 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

I've been thinking the Bills should stay put and take Jackson at 12. I don't think the other 4 will be there. But that score would make me take him off the board. Think now the Bills have to at least get to 6. Otherwise let's hope Edmunds or the Georgia LB are still there at 12 and shoot for a Lauletta type in Rd 2 or 3. 

If they miss out on one of the top four, this draft is a fail.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Josh Allen’s score - wow

They are all good except for Lamar. That’s a bad sign for a QB as nfl offenses and defenses continue to get more complex. 

His play as a quarterback was a bad sign for a quarterback at the next level.  I question anyone who considered him a first round talent to start with.

Allen's play was also questionable but at least he had 6'5 240 to work with.

• Like (+1) 1

Lamar's score pretty much seals it for me, that he won't be a Bill.  They're either going to trade up for Rosen or Mayfield (I hope) or take a chance on Rudolph (yes I know lots don't like him) somewhere in the 1st.  Anyone know what Rudolph scored on the Wonderlic (awful name for an aptitude test).

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I could go into the test room, fart for 12 minutes and arrive at a higher score than 13.

I’d hate to be the guy testing in there after you! That could drop them a round or two! :huh:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Having his mother as his agent will cost him more money then the actual cost of hiring an agent.  

His falling flat on his face could hurt the Bills. A few teams probably had him in their sights and they may now be more aggressive come draft day. This could raise the price even further for moving up.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

13 is kinda low there. but seeing many experts here on the importance of score, no need to praise those who scored high anymore than to mock those scoring low. as they say in this century, amirite?

This has already been discussed. Go back and look at the stuff from Albright. That explains how teams view the scores and it makes sense.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

A financial advisor takes a cut but usually makes you money, lucky for me my mommy is a financial advisor. Maybe Jacksons mommy is going to school to be a agent.

Maybe she just doesn’t want to give up a fee because she’s afraid it will lessen the new house she gets on signing? I normally wouldn’t say that, but the fact that they failed to get competent advice makes me wonder about all of them. 

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Is it easy to prepare for the Wonderlich? I assume you can take practice tests and study...

You can take practice tests, but if you are not a smart or halfway smart person, you'll still fail miserably.