Who would you rather have: Luck or Foles?

Both will likely need at least a first rounder to pry away from respective teams. Roughly the same age. Luck is the more heralded but shoulder is suspect. Foles has been a little inconsistent, but is healthy and a SB winner.

Luck is under contract for 3 more years at about 80 mill, Foles only for one year, but for a pittance.

PS: Neither is not an option:)

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Is this a real question? I'd give pick 12, 22, ,56 and next years first round pick for Luck. They wouldn't be able to fax the paperwork to the league office fast enough. 

I second this. Luck is a top 5 qb in the league if healthy. I don't think the bills would ever trade for him without doing their homework to make sure hes healthy

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Is this a real question? I'd give pick 12, 22, ,56 and next years first round pick for Luck. They wouldn't be able to fax the paperwork to the league office fast enough. 

even though we still don't know if his shoulder is healed?

If he passes a physical, without a doubt Luck. 

The contracts not even a consideration, if you deal for Foles he's not playing out that last year of his deal. He's demanding a number much closer to what Luck is getting. 

The lore of Kim Jung QB is greater than any QB that has ever played the game and can turn Super Bowl MVPs into piles of dust soon to be strewn about in the wind.

The reality of Kim Jung QB is Jim Plunkett with a giant contract.

The reputation of Nick Foles varies between lucky, underrated, middling, competitive and commonplace.

The reality of Nick Foles is, remarkably, still a bit unknown.  Fine in the right system but overwhelmed if anything goes awry?  Simply a good QB miscast by Jeff Fisher?

My order of preference would be:

1. The lore of Kim Jung QB

2. Trust Beane to decipher the reality of the two and decide

3. The reputation of Nick Foles.

Choices 1 and 3 are not reality based so for me it is choice 2 which is to trust Beane.

15 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Neither!

Who would trade for Luck and that ridiculous contract?

Have you seen his stats against NE for his career?  It's pathetic!

According to sportrac.com, Luck has about 4 years $80m left on his contract with almost none of it guaranteed.  Makes a ton of sense that Reich would want his guy in Foles.  I'd trade both 1sts for Luck.  Both 1sts aren't even guaranteed to get you in the top 5 of this draft.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Both will likely need at least a first rounder to pry away from respective teams. Roughly the same age. Luck is the more heralded but shoulder is suspect. Foles has been a little inconsistent, but is healthy and a SB winner.

Luck is under contract for 3 more years at about 80 mill, Foles only for one year, but for a pittance.

PS: Neither is not an option:)

Luck has 4 years around 84 mil left.

41 minutes ago, jr1 said:

what if Luck's arm is permanently damaged and he throws like Peyton in his final season

Luck could have played last year and owner is pissed he didn't cause he just signed him a extension. Luck will be healthy, they have not offered him to trade which would mean they are going QB at 3. My guess is if you pay the price he could be had but it would be costly. Moving to 12 would be appealing to Indy with the 3rd and 12 pick. If they like a QB this would offer a fresh start. I think there is a better chance this happens giving up 12, next years 1st, a 2nd and 3rd rounder than paying the same price to get 3rd pick from Indy. Buffalo needs a QB that can play now with McCoy maybe having 2 great years left. 

Why would want or need either? We have Peterman...........................................................................:rolleyes:

If this team could somehow acquire Luck that would be awesome. (i don't think Indy will trade him)

I wouldn't mind Big D1<k Nick for a reasonable trade, maybe a 2nd and a 4th,.

Edited by snamsnoops

40 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Luck and it's not even close. To me, the injury risk is still worth taking a look for, even if he's at 80% for the rest of his career.

80% of Luck is still better than 3/4 of the QB's starting today. He is smart and can control a possession type attack with McCoy.