Sammy Watwins to KC on a 3 Year Deal

1 hour ago, ******* said:

3 years, 16 mill

Woh, $16 mill per year and $30 mill guaranteed?

Wow. It's more on potential than production, but that kind of thing happens when you're the #1 guy in F.A. at your position sometimes. 

Good luck to Sammy, except when he plays us.

Edited by Thurman#1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Because Mahomes is a better deep ball passer than Goff. 

He is?  I must have missed that last year.

Goff had YPA of 8 last year and 66 of his 296 completions went for 20+ yards.

And is Sammy only useful with the "deep ball"? 

33 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You thought the Goodwin contract set the market for Sammy. You “promised” he wouldn’t get $14M AAV unless it was a 1 year deal. You “guaranteed” he wouldn’t get between $13M (Alshon) & $16M (Hopkins) AAV. You said that teams view Alshon as 1000x better. 

We all have opinions but they must be owned when you are WAY wrong. You aren’t alone. It just happened to be in that one thread and that’s why I linked it. If you were to go to the other Watkins threads you will see a ton of predictions that are way off.

I just said I was shocked. I was wrong. Do you want to !@#$ my wife now too?

• Haha (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The forward thinking that this organization has been missing for as long as I can remember. Hopefully Beane drafts the right QB, I'd like to see him stay here long term.

Yeah, Beane has just stacked up good moves. He's really impressive so far.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

How’d that Sammy trade work out for LA?

Final grades aren't over until the comp picks come in next year. Bills and Rams could both get decent picks for one year rentals in that deal.

The Bills played it we'll, especially because they knew they weren't going to pony up this kind if money to keep him, but I doubt the Rams are too upset either.

40 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Im annoyed becuz I’m still wondering what the guy could look like as the focal point for a top qb. Maybe it’s best we never find out. Haha. 

He's got Mahomes throwing to him so we won't know for at least 3 years when he leaves to get his next deal.

41 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Mahomes might be the best deep ball passer in the NFL

Based on what? Arm strength?

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

Mahomes can certainly throw a deep ball

I thought the Chiefs were in cap hell, and thats why they were releasing a bunch of players....and now can throw 16 mill a year at Sammy? Just more fodder for my cannon when people cry about being "close to the cap" or "not having any money to sign FAs" (well, that wont be an issue anyway for the bills for many, many years now)

Being in cap hell doesn't necessarily mean you can't get out of it by cutting / trading guys. Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't. The fact that they wanted Smith gone was huge for them in clearing out space. That saved them $16 mill in cap space this year for a guy they wanted to clear out anyway.

The Chiefs were in a great position to clear space. Some teams aren't. Depends on the contracts and what year the player is in and dead money and so on.

But I'm with you that that won't be an issue for the Bills after this year for a long time. The new administration are a financially conservative bunch.

I love it.

59 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Patrick Mahomes now has Watkins, Hill, Hunt, Kelce. SPICY!

1. It's Mahomes, so really who cares? 

2. Kelce is a jackass and gets kicked out of games

3. Watkins will get hurt and miss at least 8 games

4. KC might be a wild card team, but they will loose in the first round (as usual).

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

The oddity of this all...we have KCs first round pick this year, so they signed one of our former 1st. Very Fung Schway

The real oddity is that KC persuaded the Bills to pass on both Watson and Mahomes(Whaley reportedly wanted to draft the QB not trade the pick).................and that was the beginning of the "process" that lead to the Bills top WR Sammy Watkins falling into their lap 10 months later.:lol:

Basically the REVERSE of the Bills stupidly trading with KC instead of Houston and ending up with the 22nd pick instead of the 4th pick.:doh:

I will say this much..........thankfully Beane is a lot better at making trades than McD.    McD got fleeced by his mentor.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Him, Tyreke Hill, and Kelce on the same field is a matchup nightmare.

Him as a #2 receiver won't go well.  He still thinks he's a #1.  He wasn't in Buffalo; he wasn't in LA and he isn't in KC.

He'll quit on his teammates.

Just now, Gugny said:

Him as a #2 receiver won't go well.  He still thinks he's a #1.  He wasn't in Buffalo; he wasn't in LA and he isn't in KC.

He needs more “targets”, smdh. 

Will never forget that in the interview where he said that after a game, and the next offensive meeting shady handed him an envelope of shooting targets.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I’m thinking that the Rams need to actually want you before you can choose to stay with them. 

Oh, the Rams probably wanted Sammy.  But they wanted Sammy in a #4 receptions by yards, targets, and catch %, who we hope will do better this year, kind of way.

If you pay your #3 way more than your #2 not to mention your rookie, it makes them sad.

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

He needs more “targets”, smdh. 

Will never forget that in the interview where he said that after a game, and the next offensive meeting shady handed him an envelope of shooting targets.

Ah, yes.  Wearing a boot, he said he needed 10/game.  That was cute.

Just now, Gugny said:

Face it..........this is another major take-loss for you..........just eat it and move on instead of compounding it with another awful take like the one above.

Same with Tyrod fetching the 65th pick in the draft in his walk year when you thought he was terrible.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, the Rams probably wanted Sammy.  But they wanted Sammy in a #4 receptions by yards, targets, and catch %, who we hope will do better this year, kind of way.

If you pay your #3 way more than your #2 not to mention your rookie, it makes them sad.

Being a slave to the numbers weakens your analysis.  Watkins consistently drew coverage from opposing #1 CBs that opened up opportunities for other receivers. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

3 years, $48M, $16M a year

Those of you that said he’d get less than $10M a year its time to eat crow...

Ha ha, thank you. I’ve already come to be told I was right. Ha ha

Jesuit educated Canisius grads don't gloat. They just condescendingly sneer. :D

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Face it..........this is another major take-loss for you..........just eat it and move on instead of compounding it with another awful take like the one above.

Same with Tyrod fetching the 65th pick in the draft in his walk year when you thought he was terrible.

They most certainly are not take-losses.  Sam Watkins isn't a #1 receiver, now, on his third team.  And the fact that the Browns overpaid for Tyrod only means that he is who they wanted and they could afford to overpay to ensure they got him.

Being coveted ONLY by a team who is 1-31 in the past two seasons doesn't scream "elite," to me.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree

those calling me and you out for saying he wasn't gonna get $$ can eat all that crow!!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Yav said:

1. It's Mahomes, so really who cares? 

2. Kelce is a jackass and gets kicked out of games

3. Watkins will get hurt and miss at least 8 games

4. KC might be a wild card team, but they will loose in the first round (as usual).

Patrick Mahomes is a special talent. I was calling him QB1 all last year and I'm not budging off that now.

Travis Kelce is the second best TE in this league. Put some respect on his name.

You have to surround your young QB with play makers.. Goff was good last year because he a squad.. Let's see how those receivers like Cooper Kupp beat double coverage this year.. Sammy is going to have a year like TO did in Philly.. I am not a big Andy Reid fan in terms of Fame management, but he knows offense. Perfect spot for Sammy... Beane did say the bills would had a hard time resigning him... Let's see how they fix the offensive line for the Bills QB

What did they give, 2nd round pick and EJ Gaines for a one season rental? 

Rams got, so to speak, "fleeced"

• Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Sure I never imagined $16mm. I was thinking more $14mm for 3yr or $16mm for 2 at best but this is still way more than most imagined.  And crow needs to be served. 

Well, if it is $30M guaranteed, then it is 2 for $15M

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The real oddity is that KC persuaded the Bills to pass on both Watson and Mahomes(Whaley reportedly wanted to draft the QB not trade the pick).................and that was the beginning of the "process" that lead to the Bills top WR Sammy Watkins falling into their lap 10 months later.:lol:

Basically the REVERSE of the Bills stupidly trading with KC instead of Houston and ending up with the 22nd pick instead of the 4th pick.:doh:

I will say this much..........thankfully Beane is a lot better at making trades than McD.    McD got fleeced by his mentor.

Show me how ANY of this is true..or where you had this somewhere after the draft.or anything that points to this not just being made up conjecture

1 hour ago, GrizzReaper said:

Sammy has to step up and play up to his true potential this go around or that'll be the last time he sees a contract that rich... Put up or shut up time I'd think. He'll probably blow up now. Maybe it's 3rd team instead of 3rd year with him.

Cant blame him that goff couldnt make the reads

4 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Patrick Mahomes is a special talent. I was calling him QB1 all last year and I'm not budging off that now.

Travis Kelce is the second best TE in this league. Put some respect on his name.

I live in KC, I do NOT have to put any respect on an idiots name. If you want to kiss his feet you go right ahead as for Mahomes, I've called that trade for KC a joke and I'm not backing off that until I see the kid do something over a season. I think KC reached for a MEH QB.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They most certainly are not take-losses.  Sam Watkins isn't a #1 receiver, now, on his third team.  And the fact that the Browns overpaid for Tyrod only means that he is who they wanted and they could afford to overpay to ensure they got him.

Being coveted ONLY by a team who is 1-31 in the past two seasons doesn't scream "elite," to me.

I'm just kidding............you don't even qualify to get wins and losses on this board...........you know absolutely zero about the game of football....you know that....... and are just here to argue and troll.    

Now being a Mets fan tho........THAT is just dumb.:lol: