trade up again?

We won't stay at 12. 

As previously discussed by other members, it is believed that 12, 22 and 65 can get you into the top 5. That would be tremendous, allowing retention of picks this year and not having to mortgage the future 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

I don't believe the Bills would position themselves as they have to stand pat at 12 and potentially lose out on the top three QB prospects.  I believe there is 1 or 2 QBs they covet and will move into position to get one of these 2.  My guess is they will get in best position possible to get their guy.  Anything less than position 2 is taking a chance. There are other teams that may feel the same way who are positioned higher in draft than Bills that might want to get to a position to get their guy.  Having the #12 pick plus all the other possible trade picks gives Bills the opportunity to make an enticing offer that another team would be hard to match.  ALL IN, as long as the Bills get the QB the FO believes is the future of the franchise.

making this equal out to the value of the Wentz deal, we could:

package 12, our first 2nd rounder, first third rounder and a 2nd round pick next year and move up to 3 or 4....

We would still have: TWO first round picks this year, a 2nd round pick this year, a 3rd round pick this year, a 4th round pick this year, and a 5th and 6th this year....meaning a FULL draft 

Please shoot holes in this and tell me its unrealistic....because I am getting WAY too excited 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Why would they move to 12 now. Makes no sense unless another team in top 4 said they wouldn't go all the way down to 21.

With 12 and 22 now, you don't have to give up as much 

You make the trade now to avoid paying Glenn 2 million dollars.  I think they will move up again.  

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

We won't stay at 12. 

As previously discussed by other members, it is believed that 12, 22 and 65 can get you into the top 5. That would be tremendous, allowing retention of picks this year and not having to mortgage the future 

I'd put it at "if we find a willing trade partner and the guy we want is there, we'll trade up again".  It's not a sure thing, it's got 2 conditions.

7 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

making this equal out to the value of the Wentz deal, we could:

package 12, our first 2nd rounder, first third rounder and a 2nd round pick next year and move up to 3 or 4....

We would still have: TWO first round picks this year, a 2nd round pick this year, a 3rd round pick this year, a 4th round pick this year, and a 5th and 6th this year....meaning a FULL draft 

Please shoot holes in this and tell me its unrealistic....because I am getting WAY too excited 

Equating value to the Wentz deal isn’t the same. There are different variables this year. There’s no way a team in the top 5 is not going to ask for our other first.

You cannot use the draft chart in this situation because of the quality of QBs and number of QB needy teams in the hunt for one of those guys.I would use the RG3 year as a more comparable year.

The positives of it are there are three to four good QBs available, but this means they will be gone very early due to what I said above.

There will,most likely be a bidding war. Do not be surprised if we must give up our 1st rounder next year as well.

Its not going be as simple as giving up a 2nd and a 3rd.

1 minute ago, dlonce said:

Equating value to the Wentz deal isn’t the same. There are different variables this year. There’s no way a team in the top 5 is not going to ask for our other first.

You cannot use the draft chart in this situation because of the quality of QBs and number of QB needy teams in the hunt for one of those guys.I would use the RG3 year as a more comparable year.

The positives of it are there are three to four good QBs available, but this means they will be gone very early due to what I said above.

There will,most likely be a bidding war. Do not be surprised if we must give up our 1st rounder next year as well.

Its not going be as simple as giving up a 2nd and a 3rd.

we will see how many QB needy teams there actually are once the draft comes around. Broncos are already out of the running, and the Jets/Cardinals don't have the ammunition we have even without us giving up our other 1st...we, and others, currently THINK there could be a bidding war to get into the top 5, but we have no clue 

I am just saying I think there is a WAY for us to get it done without giving up our other first or the rest of our draft.

I would be fine giving up our other 1st if it looked something like, both of our firsts and one of our seconds to move up to 3 or 4.

We won't stay at 12. 

IN a normal year, sure, But this year is going to be more expensive due to the QB class.

Be prepared for an uncomfortable amount.

1 hour ago, nuklz2594 said:

well...we staying at 12 or giving up the farm to move up into the top 5?

This gives them more capital to trade down .............and acquire ALL the picks in the 4th round ;) 

Seriously though I think they wait until the draft to make the next move up.

Edited by JMF2006

we are going to no. 4. i believe that agreement was made at the time tyrod was moved. tyrod fits the browns to groom darnold.

they would not have taken tt if they didn't know who or how long they expect the rookie to take to get ready.

the browns can take care of rb in the 2nd.  the bills taking no.4 i believe, is already a done deal save for what shakes out with free agent qbs and what other teams do. but when all is said and done.....at no.4...the buffalo bills select baker mayfield.

We won't stay at 12. 

It's going to cost 12, 22, 53, 2019 2nd Rd Pick to start and I would do that in a heartbeat. 

I think they are all in on Rosen and will move up to 2 or 1 to get him. I dont think they want to shoot for 4 and have someone jump ahead of them. The Giants need O-line help and could use the extra picks

Edited by PIP

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I could easily see them trading to #4 (Rosen) is there....

Giving Cleveland #12, 65 and 2019 1st round pick.

Giving the Bills 4, 22, 53, 56, 96 

They are going to shoot for 2 or 3.  4 is too much of a risk to have another team (namely the Jets) jump ahead of them and take the guy they might want.  Even 3 brings a risk of that happening.

9 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

It's going to cost 12, 22, 53, 2019 2nd Rd Pick to start and I would do that in a heartbeat. 

too much IMO, I would actually like 12, 22, and next years 2.  That would work for me. 

Edited by ricojes

I swear we had this exact thread ystrdy

This one could have at least had a poll for the number guys!?

Maybe they wait until the draft... but the question here seems rethorical to the extent that they obv have a plan and that is to move up again for their guy. Maybe waiting until that night leaves too many variables. Personally, I'd rather take care of business and know what's up rather than leave any degree of chance that night. Imo (and I know nothing) #2 has to be the goal w the connections we've hilighted all along.

To It's going to be a LONG 48 days

Edited by gobills1212

7 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Next years 1 is not nor should be an option!

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They are going to shoot for 2 or 3.  4 is too much of a risk to have another team (namely the Jets) jump ahead of them and take the guy they might want.  Even 3 brings a risk of that happening.

I would think they have 2 QBs in mind... I’m sure they will prefer one over the other, but if the Giants ask for the farm Beane isn’t going to do it, but if #3 or #4 ask for less.... say Rosen does go at #2, maybe they still move up for Darnold or Mayfield who knows.

All I know is I think Beane is going to do everything to keep 22 & 53.

for the folks saying 12, 22, 53, 65 is just crazy.... 

10 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I could see the Bills packaging both 12 and 22  along with and an extra pick or two, or the scenario you suggested. 

4 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Next years 1 is not nor should be an option!

It is if they want all their picks on 4 year deals at once like Beane has talked about... keep as many picks this year. When it comes to a Franchise QB it can’t be looked at as such a big deal

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I would think they have 2 QBs in mind... I’m sure they will prefer one over the other, but if the Giants ask for the farm Beane isn’t going to do it, but if #3 or #4 ask for less.... say Rosen does go at #2, maybe they still move up for Darnold or Mayfield who knows.

All I know is I think Beane is going to do everything to keep 22 & 53.

for the folks saying 12, 22, 53, 65 is just crazy.... 

I hope they have a 1a and 1b also.  I don't think he's going to overpay a crazy amount but they are going to have to overpay a bit and pick 22 is almost guaranteed in whatever trade they are going to try to make.