Update! Beane is'nt done yet.

17 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

The trade into the top 5 isn't going to happen until the day of the draft. There's no motivation for teams in those spots to move out now. 

That's not necessarily true.

One of the top picking teams could have told us a while ago "Go get us 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 and report back when you have it."

We acquire those things and report back = deal being done well before Draft Day.

Perhaps.

40 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

The trade into the top 5 isn't going to happen until the day of the draft. There's no motivation for teams in those spots to move out now. 

Not to mention, there Is risk for the team moving up. Unless you move to #1, there is a chance someone gets ahead of you and takes your guy.

23 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

That's not necessarily true.

One of the top picking teams could have told us a while ago "Go get us 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 and report back when you have it."

We acquire those things and report back = deal being done well before Draft Day.

Perhaps.

That's pretty much what the speculation is.  Neither of those teams were going to move back to 21 so they probably said, get closer to the top 10 and we can start talking numbers.

1 hour ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Man, these QBs haven't even had their pro days yet nor team visits.  Somebody must've wowed them at the combine.

These QBs have legit skill sets, they wowed on the field long before draft preseason.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

No. When Peyton Manning was released by the Colts, he was fine after neck surgery.

2012 - 4659 yards, 37 TDs, 11 INTs

2013 - 5477 yards, 55 TDs, 10 INTs

2014 - 4727 yards, 39 TDs, 15 INTs

2015 - 2249 yards, 9 TDs, 17 INTs

So 3 complete seasons later,  age and injuries caught up to Peyton at the age of 39. I'll take a chance with Luck. Peyton only struggled in his final season. He was old though. Makes sense. To me, Luck's shoulder isn't a big concern. Again, Peyton Manning's neck is a bigger issue than Luck's shoulder. Peyton was one good hit away from retiring back in 2012.

I can't find any stats to back up my opinion, so I'll agree, you were correct. It just seemed he was throwing more floaters in his time in Denver, even prior to 2015, and I know in 2014 he definitely didn't look the same. Yet both his Yards per attempt and per completion weren't too much different in Denver, in fact they improved some years vs prior to the neck injury. So I can't really defend my point, it's an "eye-test" thing, which I don't ever like doing. If Luck's arm isn't dead then I'd be fine with that vs taking a chance on a QB, even though I do like the gamble of taking a QB high. It's sports, and it makes it entertaining for a few years, win or lose. Hopefully, winning. 

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

Save that one for when we get into the top 3.  Once there there's no chance in hell teams will stop us from getting a franchise guy

Yep.  I wish I knew how to just post the gif.

*ring*

Cleveland Browns: Front office.

Buffalo Bills: How do you feel about trading the #1 overall pick?

CLE: No way, gotta have Barkley to hide Tygod's inability to throw the football, like you guys did with McCoy.

BUF: Fair enough.

*ring*

New York Giants: Front office.

BUF: So what do you want for the #2 overall pick?

NYG: Not for sale, have you seen our secondary? Neither have we, we're afraid they're missing. We're taking Minkah Fitzpatrick at #2 and hoping that he can play safety and corner at the same time.

And that's how the Bills get to pick whoever they want at 3 and Cleveland still gets the guy they want (Allen) at 4.

Edited by Luka
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Wheeling and dealing! Loving every trade so far, and today just solidifies we ARE getting the QB we want this draft. No doubt about it. 

If Beane likes one guy in specific, expect him to move heaven and hell to acquire him. 

That's what I'm hoping for 

1 hour ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Question??? Would the Bills have to wait till Wednesday to trade up to #3 being that the Bengals Cordy Glenn trade can’t be official yet? Would seem to me we couldn’t flip #12 till it is officially ours?

Not a bad thought especially with Glenn’s injury history. He still needs to pass a physical.

4 hours ago, Putin said:

I'm sure he's also talking to the Giants and Browns and so on 

And every other team in the top 10. That’s called doing your job, and these guys are on a mission! 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Save that one for when we get into the top 3.  Once there there's no chance in hell teams will stop us from getting a franchise guy

I think the Vince in the chair will be better suited and edited with the all the trades leading up and the finale of the pick being announced.

If i knew how to edit/make gifs I would end up doing it myself.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, BrotherChazz said:

Rams trade (Goff) 4/14/16
Eagles trade (Wentz) 4/21/16
Draft Day 4/28/16

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BrotherChazz said:

How does someone say something like this when that has happened a few times... not that long ago.

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

How does someone say something like this when that has happened a few times... not that long ago.

Good question > when did the Eagles move up to get Wentz ?  ( not 100%) I'm pretty sure it was before the draft day , ( ? )

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Because that’s how it usually goes. You want to know your guy is there before you pull the trigger. The selling team wants to know they don’t get a MUCH higher offer. Neither side has incentive in MOST cases. But sure, it CAN happen. 

Just now, Putin said:

Good question > when did the Eagles move up to get Wentz ?  ( not 100%) I'm pretty sure it was before the draft day , ( ? )

I think it’s safer in say, the top 2-3 picks, where only a couple things could possibly have happened. The deals are not made at the last minute. They’ve been all worked out and set on the shelf to see how things go. 

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

i think you have to get there before free agency starts so you don't have to pay a qb. sets you up for free agency. very smart if true. then we trade from 3 to 5 and get a pick back!

If you make a move to three too early  wouldn't that open up a wide door for someone to deal with the Giants and even the Browns, for that matter ?

1 minute ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

If you make a move to three too early  wouldn't that open up a wide door for someone to deal with the Giants and even the Browns, for that matter ?

If we make a deal at 3 I think it forces browns to take qb. Giants stay and take Barkley.  

Just now, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

probably right. But six weeks of having nightmares of when it's the Giants on the clock and it's announced 'WE HAVE A TRADE"

It is a big risk and I’d probably just go ahead and make the deal to 2 to be sure 

• Like (+1) 1

I think if you want to move to the top, it’s best to do it early before someone else beats you to it. Maybe you throw in an extra pick or so to sweeten the move... then so be it. 

If you’d like to move up lower than that depending on how the draft is going, then you can wait.

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

If we make a deal at 3 I think it forces browns to take qb. Giants stay and take Barkley.  

That's true, imo. Browns can't gamble that we pass on the same guy they like most. 

4 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

IMO, would be dumb to do before the draft.

Could not agree more.

Worst case scenario: 

- Bills trade for number 3 pre draft day.

-NYG o. 2 becomes much more valuable for the Jets, Broncos, Browns, Cardinals. 

- Browns get worried select a QB at 1 rather than Barkley. 

- Giants pick becomes even more valuable. 

- Jets, Broncos, Browns, or Cardinals jump to number 2. 

- 2 QB's off the board before the Bills pick at 3. 

I have a feeling the Bills really like/love 2 Qb's this year, but nor three. If this happens, all is for nothing. 

The leak is even bad enough for the Buffalo Draft. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Could not agree more.

Worst case scenario: 

- Bills trade for number 3 pre draft day.

-NYG o. 2 becomes much more valuable for the Jets, Broncos, Browns, Cardinals. 

- Browns get worried select a QB at 1 rather than Barkley. 

- Giants pick becomes even more valuable. 

- Jets, Broncos, Browns, or Cardinals jump to number 2. 

- 2 QB's off the board before the Bills pick at 3. 

I have a feeling the Bills really like/love 2 Qb's this year, but nor three. If this happens, all is for nothing. 

The leak is even bad enough for the Buffalo Draft. 

Agreed. That’s why you have to go to at least #2.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

That's true, imo. Browns can't gamble that we pass on the same guy they like most. 

Yeah, but it's all a chess game.  Beane has made a move (the 1st one in the draft).

NYG and IND both now know that Beane is serious about QBs.

They are not going to make a trade without getting with him (he already is probably talking to both).

He jumped AZ and now the Jets and Broncos got to know what's going on.

Might make DEN or NYJ to make a bigger move in FA.

Usually the big "move up to 1-4" doesn't happen until 2 weeks or so before the draft.

FA has to flesh out first.

FWIW