Cordy Glenn traded to bengals

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

Because people watched the games and didn't look at the stats.  The guy had zero time to throw.  Give this kid more than as second to throw and he will tear you apart.

I watched a few of them - he made a lot of dumb throws.

Having said that, I'll trust Beane's and OBD's judgement over mine.

Edited by BobChalmers

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Who is going to block for our new QB?

Dion Dawkins started 12 games last year at LT in place of Cordy. Now we may still need a RT but with the cap room we're making we can either sign someone or maybe draft one at #22 if we keep the pick.

14 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Rudolph or Mayfield. 

Never forget that this team is committed to seniors. Last year they actually moved around until they could get the seniors they wanted. It's not Rosen, it's not Darnold. 

You can take Rudolph in the second round, maybe the third.  Mayfield is my first choice, so I hope that part of your argument is correct.

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

But they get you to 4 and Indy probably won't pick a QB. I suppose they could trade it though and then we would be in trouble at 4.

Consider this though. We have good relations with Cleveland for I don't know why we do but we do.

at 2 we have Gettleman connection.

at 3 we have  Frank Reich connection and they don't need a QB.

So maybe none of those teams will outright trick lie or deceive us and that is a good place to be.

Frank isn't the GM in Indy so not sure how that counts for anything. Yet them not needing a QB might make them trade down unless they really want Chubb.

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

Because people watched the games and didn't look at the stats.  The guy had zero time to throw.  Give this kid more than as second to throw and he will tear you apart.

I did not envy him during Ohio State game. His oline was totally manhandled. 

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Dawkins is getting a big opportunity. Hope he delivers. Cordy was great, I really like him and wish him well. Scratching my head a bit at the handful of folks pretending like he wasn't good. 

I don't see a single soul here saying Glenn wasn't good - WHEN HE WAS ON THE FIELD!!

He's got some foot issues that could recur, and he's expensive as heck.  Dawkins already got the opportunity last season and already proved himself.

10 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

But they get you to 4 and Indy probably won't pick a QB. I suppose they could trade it though and then we would be in trouble at 4.

Consider this though. We have good relations with Cleveland for I don't know why we do but we do.

at 2 we have Gettleman connection.

at 3 we have  Frank Reich connection and they don't need a QB.

So maybe none of those teams will outright trick lie or deceive us and that is a good place to be.

We don't have a Frank Reich connection.  He played here 25 years ago, then has interviewed but not been offered several jobs with us.  The Giants connection is real, but the Colts, it's nothing more than two professionals.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Who is going to block for our new QB?

Do you even watch the games or are you just trying to troll?  Glenn has barely been on the field the last two seasons. 

I knew they were trading Cordy, but if this a stupid move to sign a rookie QB. Then I'm done,. They could trade him and get good impact players who can't start next year, or. Rookie QB that may not even make it.  The Bills havnt had a good draft since Bill Polion.  Just stupid moves one right after another.  Build a team around Taylor and we will be contenders, guaranteed.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Seriously - WHY do people think Darnold is so good?  Are they counting his interceptions as completed passes or something?

If INT's is all you're counting, why did we get rid of Tyrod? He rarely threw INTs.

And Darnold threw a whopping 3 more INTs than Rosen all of last year. And I could've counted a handful of passes that Rosen got REAL lucky on that SHOULD'VE been intercepted.

4 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Seriously - WHY do people think Darnold is so good?  Are they counting his interceptions as completed passes or something?

I'm really trying to understand. Can someone please reply and let me know? I just put the usc UCLA game on again

15 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Everyone is so sure we are trading up :) It's is plausible but watch Beaner go balls out and we sign Cousins now. The cap room is 100% there for a reason now and just about doubles next year.

With the draft stock we have and Cousins we could be scary good.

My dream scenario is sign Cousins, trade up with the 49ers and select Roquon Smith, and use all our other original picks to build the team. We'd be immediate Super Bowl contenders just like that. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Dr. Who said:

You can take Rudolph in the second round, maybe the third.  Mayfield is my first choice, so I hope that part of your argument is correct.

Lets hope so.  The only top ten quarterback Beane has ever been a part of drafting was a Jr. who had only started 14 games.   He won them all, so maybe thats the better case for Mayfield, I dont know.  I am not sure Rosen is a good fit for the RPO, but you really cant tell anymore.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's a fair point, but why wait until the draft? If they had traded Glenn for a 3rd rounder no one would have batted an eye. They've been trying to trade him and they got a good offer. I'm not sure there's anything else to read into there.

Maybe part of the reason for doing the trade now is freeing up cap room to sign someone like McCarron.

1 minute ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

If INT's is all you're counting, why did we get rid of Tyrod? He rarely threw INTs.

And Darnold threw a whopping 3 more INTs than Rosen all of last year. And I could've counted a handful of passes that Rosen got REAL lucky on that SHOULD'VE been intercepted.

I'm not in love with Rosen either!

And just STOP with TT - he's f-ing gone and good riddance.  Not throwing INTs while not throwing the ball does not impress anyone but a few idiots here and on WGR550.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Personally I think Rudolph is the best QB for the NFL. His capacity to make decisions is the best in the draft. Best size, great on short to intermediate, called out line, audibled, worked with the most difficult offense. 

But that's for another time. I'm happy today and I'll be happy no matter who they pick.

Just now, BobChalmers said:

I'm not in love with Rosen either!

And just STOP with TT - he's f-ing gone and good riddance.  Not throwing INTs while not throwing the ball does not impress anyone but a few idiots here and on WGR550.

Then stop with the INT talk when you have no other statement to back up your facts...

20 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Rudolph or Mayfield. 

Never forget that this team is committed to seniors. Last year they actually moved around until they could get the seniors they wanted. It's not Rosen, it's not Darnold. 

Yeah we moved up to 12 to draft Rudolph :wallbash:

2 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

I don't see a single soul here saying Glenn wasn't good - WHEN HE WAS ON THE FIELD!!

He's got some foot issues that could recur, and he's expensive as heck.  Dawkins already got the opportunity last season and already proved himself.

340 lbs and foot issues are a bad combo 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Then stop with the INT talk when you have no other statement to back up your facts...

You aren't reading my posts - I'm stopping with yours.  I already responded to this a while ago.

No one scouting the QBs has failed to point out Darnold's own play declined between 2016 and 2017.

Edited by BobChalmers

16 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

A "rock"???  Of all the things to call him!!!  :lol:

I love Cordy when he's on the field - but he's broken.  I'm actually worried this deal will fall through b/c he fails his physical.

Rock solid in locking down the position up until last year I meant

Edited by bmur66

6 minutes ago, Buff808 said:

I knew they were trading Cordy, but if this a stupid move to sign a rookie QB. Then I'm done,. They could trade him and get good impact players who can't start next year, or. Rookie QB that may not even make it.  The Bills havnt had a good draft since Bill Polion.  Just stupid moves one right after another.  Build a team around Taylor and we will be contenders, guaranteed.

Please.....just save yourself, and all of us, and leave now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, HappyDays said:

My dream scenario is sign Cousins, trade up with the 49ers and select Roquon Smith, and use all our other original picks to build the team. We'd be immediate Super Bowl contenders just like that. 

Assuming they can fix the D-line.   That's the achilles heel right now and Smith would need some big bodies taking up blockers (paging Star Lotulelei!) to be most effective...

18 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

You wanna bet. Look at trades in 2016! When they know you want a QB you gotta go well over the chart score. If your the NYG, are you giving the puck away or fleecing the suitors? 

eagles_logo.jpg

Eagles receive: 
» 2016 first-round pick (No. 2): Carson Wentz 
» 2017 fourth-round pick

0ap3000000481376.jpg

Browns receive: 
» 2016 first-round pick (No. 8): Traded to Titans 
» 2016 third-round pick (No. 77): Traded to Panthers 
» 2016 fourth-round pick (No. 100): Traded to Raiders 
» 2017 first-round pick 
» 2018 second-round pick

Eagles didn't have 2 first round picks. did they?

Trading this years picks has more value then future picks.

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Yeah we moved up to 12 to draft Rudolph :wallbash:

Keep getting your opinions from The Bleacher Report or Draftanalysis or whatever. Rudolph is easily within the top three QBs; possibly the second best. Easily. And a little hint: Josh Allen and Lamar don't even belong in a discussion for the first round. 

Watch and wait and see what happens to a QB that already has a concussion protocol or a guy that can't hold on to the football. Hell, I'm hoping the Jets get Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1