Bills interested in Sam Bradford

@TomPelissero: The #Vikings have stayed in touch on Sam Bradford, but he may have options, provided he can pass a physical. One team to watch: the #Bills. Good scheme fit and they have some interest, sources say. Case Keenum could be an option in Buffalo, too.

Edited by FluffHead
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

Man I have no interest in him. Has he ever made it through a full season? 

Hopefully he never needs to play a full season here.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Kevin Kolb all over again, he'll end up on IR within 6 games.

Good. Play the rookie.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

It makes sense but can I ask what sources are saying this? Is it the cashier at 711? Or a legit source?

i expect the bills braintrust are seeing that 'leaks' get out about every single potential FA and college QB.  it's white noise

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I'd rather have Teddy B. Bradford is probably the FA I'd be the least excited about. 

The legend of Bridgewater

Bridgwaters best year he had 3200 yards, 14 TDs and 9 INTs' 192 rushing yards and 3 more TD's. That is a slight downgrade from what Taylor has done. Not to mention the guy has not played in 2 years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I would be fine with Bradford.  If he's on the field I think he's a clear upgrade from Tyrod, especially if we want to run an offense where timing and quick passes are a staple.  One would hope he's gained plenty of perspective and would be a positive in the QB room.

It's pretty nuts how many QBs Buffalo has been connected to at this point, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills themselves don't really know exactly what they're going to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they're basically pursuing every angle possible right now and then figuring out later which angles are actually conceivable/which angles they want to commit to.

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

It was his 2nd year. 

Yeah, he has only really played 2 years.   What is the fascination with him, maybe he has some upside but he has not played for 2 years.  Look at what Wentz and Goff did in their second year.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

They drafted a 1st round QB the same year as Kolb. Problem wasn't Kolb, it was the 1st rounder stunk. 

Bradford is a fine bridge QB with a lot more upside than Kolb. 

1st rounder stunk and had to play quicker than they wanted because Kolb slipped on a mat and injured himself (if I am remembering quickly)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

1st rounder stunk and had to play quicker than they wanted because Kolb slipped on a mat and injured himself (if I am remembering quickly)

You beat me to it.

• Like (+1) 1

Bradford and Rosen would be amazing 

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Bradford as a stop gap vet would be fine...

Pretty much what I mean but Rosen should not need to sit. 

Let them compete for the starting job in camp, of course. But Rosen isn’t an automatic redshirt 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Yeah, he has only really played 2 years.   What is the fascination with him, maybe he has some upside but he has not played for 2 years.  Look at what Wentz and Goff did in their second year.  

Simple, fascination is potential. Not playing for 2 years doesn't mean much to me. He would be a solid option to replace Tyrod. I wouldn't expect 4000 yards and 30 TDs, but he is more than capable of putting up Tyrod #s, protecting the football, and managing the game. 

You don't sign Bridgewatrer and feel you're set at QB. He is a solid replacement though. 

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Yeah. EJ didn't fail because he had to play though. 

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Bradford as a stop gap vet would be fine...

Bradford is a stopgap with potential to be more. You double your odds of finding a QB by signing Bradford and getting a top QB in this draft. 

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Would be a nice backup to Rosen

I agree. The only issues really with Bradford has been his health. If they do their homework, which we know McBean will do, and they feel comfortable with him I would like Bradford to Groom Josh Rosen for our future. 

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Simple, fascination is potential. Not playing for 2 years doesn't mean much to me. He would be a solid option to replace Tyrod. I wouldn't expect 4000 yards and 30 TDs, but he is more than capable of putting up Tyrod #s, protecting the football, and managing the game. 

You don't sign Bridgewatrer and feel you're set at QB. He is a solid replacement though. 

Yeah. EJ didn't fail because he had to play though. 

Well, we don't KNOW that. I have a theory about QBs succeeding being totally connected to time/place/coaches/circumstances surrounding their career. Meaning even God Tom Brady would not be who he is and accomplished what he has if say, he was on the Bills in the same time period. So, it is my belief we have no idea what kind of QB EJ could have been had he been allowed to sit and learn/develop as was the original plan.

But really, none of this is neither here nor there. He isn't our QB nor what this thread is about : ) 

I think Bradford ends up being the one left standing when the game of musical chairs ends but we'll see. I'd guess it's him or McCarron that's forced to sign somewhere to a backup QB deal for like $7-8 million.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bradford and Rosen would be amazing 

Pretty much what I mean but Rosen should not need to sit. 

Let them compete for the starting job in camp, of course. But Rosen isn’t an automatic redshirt 

Agreed. I think Rosen could benefit from the Eli treatment, where they had Kurt Warner start the first 8 games of the season. But I think he could certainly start right away. To me, he is the only one in this draft who can. 

Mayfield could start right away, but you are going to have to change your offense the way Bill O'Brien did for Watson. I think Allen and Darnold need a year or two. 

Bradford had a solid year in 2016.  Only missed game was game one, because of trade.  IF he is cleared injury wise then he would be a great choice for a bridge QB IMO.  Set season completion percentage record... imagine having a QB that completes most of his passes?  

Edited by One Buffalo

1 minute ago, One Buffalo said:

Bradford had a solid year in 2016.  Only missed game was game one, because of trade.  IF he is cleared injury wise then he would be a great choice for a bridge QB IMO.  

True but he missed most of last season and has very bad knee(s)