Cut Colton Schmidt

Irv

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Key decision this offseason. Make no mistake about that. 

If he punts better than a Pop Warner player we are in the Super Bowl.  No way was Jax going to beat us.  

16 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

Why hasn't Schmidt been cut yet?  I feel he single handedly lost the playoff game for us.  With any good punting we win that game.    

I agree. Schmidt left too many plays on the field. He held the ball way too long before he got rid of it. Looked confused at times.

Blake freaking Bortles outplayed him. How pathetic is that? And speaking of Bortles...did you know all that scrambling he did...not ONCE did Schmidt tackle him...or suggest putting a spy on him. He obviously needs to go.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gray Beard said:

There are three types of threads this time of year

Breaking News

Ideas/conjecture

Humor/sarcasm

The hard part is trying to tell which is which

Let's add a fourth:  waste of good server space....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Badthingsman..here's your binky...it's gonna be okay..just close your eyes and rest for a lil bit...yeah we lost cuz our playoff game because of our punter..oh yeah..that's it...

A conversation from an alternate universe:

"Coach Jauron, what was the key factor in your Super Bowl run?"

"Well ... we punted well."

Edited by WhoTom

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Schimdt is an above average punter. He did well this year. He hit the deep corners well & pinned down the opposition quite often.

He surprised me this year.  He played well all season.

Until the playoffs.  Given the kind of game it was, it could be argued that he cost us a chance to win that game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Schimdt is an above average punter. He did well this year. He hit the deep corners well & pinned down the opposition quite often.

Yes..especially in Orchard Park where the winds are usually shifting.Being a solid punter here isn't a easy thing to accomplish.

3 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

Why hasn't Schmidt been cut yet?  I feel he single handedly lost the playoff game for us.  With any good punting we win that game.    

So of the issues in the game this is your solution.

The Bills took care of the root cause yesterday.

Thread is like a bad movie. It starts out ok and you think they might be on to something and it will hold your attention.... only to have the ending  be bad and confusing which makes it a complete waste of time. 

Edited by gobills1212

19 minutes ago, Dalton said:

So of the issues in the game this is your solution.

The Bills took care of the root cause yesterday.

You are going to eat those words.  Tyrod was by far the best QB we've had since Jimbo. No doubt.  Cleveland is going to the playoffs with TT.  Got to get rid of Schmidt.  We need an  upgrade now.    He lost us that game.

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

There are three types of threads this time of year

Breaking News

Ideas/conjecture

Humor/sarcasm

The hard part is trying to tell which is which

I think that this is breaking sarcastic conjecture but I'm not certain. Dammit, you're right...it IS hard to tell!

4 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

Or half decent QB play ? ?