Rumor: Incarcerated Bob swears that the Bills were the team offering a 2nd for Foles

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Aaaaand they will shoot themselves in the foot doing it. Take the highest you can get, but don't be delusional about what you actually have. He's a journeyman QB who got hot at the right time. Good for Foles, but I hope we don't overpay for him. 

agreed. I don't want to overpay in the Draft either, but we shall see.

35 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

No. That would mean that the Bills would not be using a 1st on a QB in the draft, ans I would much rather take a shot on a QB in the draft than give up a 1st for Foles. 

To be perfectly honest, I'm not even that crazy about the idea of giving up a 2nd for him. Again, my worry is if they gave up a 2nd for Foles it might mean that there is less of a chance that they go QB in the 1st.

Maybe one would have nothing to do with the other though, I don't know. 

I guess Im not convinced that Foles will be a successful QB on another team.

And As I've said in other threads, I don't know that he is really much more than a bridge QB anyway. 

I am more ore than ok with the Bills acquiring him, but a 2nd is the absolute most I would pay and im not even crazy about that. 

... But   He may be a BRIDGE QB who can win a couple playoff games??  We all saw what TYrod did in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

he just signed a 4 year deal.   it is  not like he is going to retire anytime soon 

I saw this trade and smiled at the Folly of it. Those guys are distinctly idiots. he will never make it four years. 

Don’t have to over think this. 

1. Is he better than Tyrod? I would say yes. 

2. Does he fit the mold the bills are looking for? I would say yes. 

3. Can he make the throws that are needed to be successful? Yes

4. Has he won a Super Bowl? Check! 

In all honesty I really want one of the top guys in the draft but the fact is we are not in a good position this year to get one of them regardless of the draft picks we have. We can only trade up if another team is willing to do so and I don’t see it happening. If Barkley goes first overall like they are speculating, we are beyond screwed. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

... But   He may be a BRIDGE QB who can win a couple playoff games??  We all saw what TYrod did in the playoffs.

True.

I got to admit I am bias on Foles.  I wanted him in 2016 when he went to KC for 1.75 million.

As a rookie he came in after Vick went down.  Philly was bad for the 2nd year and everyone knew Reid was gone after

the season.  Foles went 1-5 but played pretty good for a rookie.  Philly went 4-12 and Reid was fired.

If you take away Foles rookie season his record is 21-12.  That's not counting his playoff games we just seen him in.

Those numbers include his stint with the hapless Rams (4-7).

I don't know much about IB, but this is pretty much what I said in the other thread so I believe him.  Offer a 2nd, sit and wait, and sweeten it with another later pick, or even toss them 21 or 22.

23 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Me too. I want the Bills to go up and get Rosen, or if not him Darnold/Mayfield. 

If it came down to Foles for a 2nd or Rudolph in the 2nd, I honestly don't know which I'd pick. But I think I'd lean towards Rudolph. Just comparing college stats (since we can't compare NFL stats...), Rudolph's seem quite superior...

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/mason-rudolph-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nick-foles-1.html

There is more of that unknown factor with Rudolph obviously. 

I feel like at 29 Foles probably is what he is at this point. Rudolph has the potential to be better, or worse. If Beane vets him and feels he has the potential to be better, then I'd rather take the gamble on Rudolph reaching that higher ceiling. 

Plus weve played around round with other teams backups long enough. Im of the thinking that it's long past time to draft and develop our own. 

Not a big fan of Rudolph as I think he has a low ceiling because of a lack of elite arm talent, was trained in a Mickey Mouse system, and Big 12 Defenses . I could be wrong of course, but I prefer Foles who has done it at the highest level.

36 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

they should regardless. should not affect them getting their guy. If the trade to Philly would sincerely limit Bills ability to stretch out ? have to say no to Foles.

But as far as Vet QBs He is my pick and i will be happy if he becomes a Bill. Methinks you guys who doubt his current ability to run an Offense and make good decisions is flawed.

imho

3rd he had a great 2013 and a really good 3 game stretch in the playoffs. The other 5 years he was very, very average....34 TDs, 27INTs. Heck he has only cracked 60% once in the last four years for completion percentage. What has he been doing the last 5 years? I understand he had a great playoff, but so didn't Flacco. This is no where near a sure thing if we get him.

59 minutes ago, McBean said:

I’m just not sold on Nick Foles. 

I think it was a fluke and more coaching than him.

So in your opinion coaching trumps talent?  I'm not sure why folks want to either minimize the achievements of certain players while others are continually pumping them up.  

Anyhoo...for me...it's either he or Keenum. Cousins isn't going to happen and it will take a king's ransom to move up into the top 10 of the draft.  

17 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Him, SaviorPeterman, Dunkirk Don and IB are all at a high level business meeting.

"We" are busy shoveling to level out what will be the parking lot of the new stadium in BFNY. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

His Playoff run has Flacco written all over it. 22 wins in 6 years, very average stats minus the one good year. Grab the QB they want in the draft and be done with it. This would seem like settling.

This. Let's trade up and draft us a QB.

Look....I have followed this guy on Twitter for years.  What I have learned is that like many so-called insiders, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt.  However, I will say that I have seen him nail more than one story he has put out.  Now, don't ask me to sight examples because I can't remember everything, but I know there have been occasions I just had to shake my head and give the guy some credit.  He has hit on some things at least, unlike  SaviorPeterman, Dunkirk Don, or many others on here that have claimed to have "sources deep within."

That said, he definitely misses a bunch as well.  But for some to come on here and say he has never been right is wrong.  He has been right in the past on several things, but as I said, he has a ton of misses as well.

So, I would take this "report" with a grain of salt as always.  That said, it's something for people to talk about because the Draft is way too far away to be sitting here talking about the same things over and over again. 

Edited by sven233

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

I don't feel they are exclusive. Bills might be looking to the guy who drops out of the top ten picks.
Ideally they do both !!

I'd be totally good with them giving up a 2nd for Foles and still drafting a rookie high in the draft. 

The only thing id worry about in that scenario is that it may make it harder to re-sign Foles (if he had a good season and the Bills wanted him back). There's always the franchise tag in that scenario though. 

But I wouldn't really want to give up a 2nd for Foles and have the Bills think they could punt on drafting a QB because of it. 

51 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Not a big fan of Rudolph as I think he has a low ceiling because of a lack of elite arm talent, was trained in a Mickey Mouse system, and Big 12 Defenses . I could be wrong of course, but I prefer Foles who has done it at the highest level.

That's fair. 

Rudolph is definitely not my first choice, but I can't say that I'd be pissed f we drafted him. He does have some intriguing aspects. 

I am willing to give the Bills brass the benefit of the doubt on whatever QB move they make, though. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Look....I have followed this guy on Twitter for years.  What I have learned is that like many so-called insiders, you have to take what he says with a grain of salt.  However, I will say that I have seen him nail more than one story he has put out.  Now, don't ask me to sight examples because I can't remember everything, but I know there have been occasions I just had to shake my head and give the guy some credit.  He his hit on some things at least, unlike  SaviorPeterman, Dunkirk Don, or many others on here that have claimed to have "sources deep within."

That said, he definitely misses a bunch as well.  But for some to come on here and say he has never been right is wrong.  He has been right in the past on several things, but as I said, he has a ton of misses as well.

So, I would take this "report" with a grain of salt as always.  That said, it's something for people to talk about because the Draft is way too far away to be sitting here talking about the same things over and over again. 

It is not a ridiculous claim to make either. The Bills could very well have offered a second to Philly for Foles. Whether it is speculation or true insider info is unknown. Likely speculation as that can be right just enough to keep it interesting.

2 hours ago, Iamkrgr said:

Foles isn't that good imo. Not worth a 1st or 2nd. This guy got hot at the right time with an incredibly deep football team. The Eagles coaching staff deserves a lot of the credit for that superbowl run. 

And Foles deserves no credit right? Nothing ?  Winning SB/MVP means nothing ha ? If that's the case then why in hell are we trying to get a franchise QB in here so bad ? And willing to give up the farm for one ? 

Hey all we need is a good / incredibly deep football team and good coaching right sir ? Got it 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Putin said:

And Foles deserves no credit right? Nothing ?  Winning SB/MVP means nothing ha ? If that's the case then why in hell are we trying to get a franchise QB in here so bad ? And willing to give up the farm for one ? 

Hey all we need is a good / incredibly deep football team and good coaching right sir ? Got it 

I agree with you.  Foles deserves credit.  And, if Foles deserves no credit than either does Wentz.

16 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

I find it hard anybody would trade for TT knowing they can get him for free after we cut him

They don’t “know” that since the Bills have publically stated they won’t cut him. Could they? Sure, but no team knows that they will. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's not unheard of for qbs to get hot in the playoffs.  We've been victims of this twice in Superbowl's.  I think you've got to look at his career so far and what I see is an upper tier back up Qb.  I really hope we don't give up draft picks.

I thought Eagles may sell high. Good move for them I applaud it. The Bills testing the waters isn't all that bad if it was them. So straight up Eagles saying no your paying what we pay for stuff. I can't hate them for it. We will see if they get a first for thier backup QB. 

If they make bank I could only respect it. I don't know how good the guy is but he did win the Superbowl so that has a power to it. It should increase cost. 

As for the Bill maybe they are in that market to get a competent play for a 2nd round or a 1st. Russ Brandon is all over it. That's us baby. We the Bills. We get the backups. Don't be surprised. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, horned dogs said:

I'm more in favor of going up to get Rosen. But, If that doesn't work I think the idea of Foles instead of say Rudolph is intriguing.

I too am MORE in favor of going up to get Rosen(or Mayfield or Darnold).

But would you say Foles instead of Jackson is still intriguing?   

Edited by smuvtalker

6 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

I would trade  the #21 pick and Tyrod Taylor to the Eagles for Nick Foles. The Bills would first have to pay TT his 6 Million dollar bonus. The Eagles would get a first round pick as Foles becomes a FA next year, and they will get nothing. They will also get a quality backup in TT. Reports out of Philadelphia are that Wentz is way a head of schedule and will be ready for opening day. The Eagles are in bad shape cap wise and will have to create a little over 2 Million to pay TT instead of Foles. And Buffalo gets a quality QB on the cheap this year. With money next year to entend  him. Win/win for both teams ???

No... just no... This is among one of the worst idea's I've ever read. Eat Cap money and trade a 1st for Foles...

No thanks, we just ended the drought let's not start another one.

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

So in your opinion coaching trumps talent?  I'm not sure why folks want to either minimize the achievements of certain players while others are continually pumping them up.  

Anyhoo...for me...it's either he or Keenum. Cousins isn't going to happen and it will take a king's ransom to move up into the top 10 of the draft.  

Well it's pretty simple... It's not the same person, so we all have different opinions. I don't know what is hard to grasp about that. 

Someone on another board, offered up a rumor he had heard, and that was, that two weeks ago, the Eagles offered us Foles for Tre White, and a 3rd rounder.(Theirs)

The Bills obviously declined.

He then linked to https://www.fanragsports.com/eagles/source-eagles-offered-2nd-round-pick-for-nick-foles/

His last comment, which would make sense, is that dialogue obviously continued.

He posted this stuff about 5 hours before blob put his tweet out there.

He has also been right about interest and signings before, and will often give a heads up as to the llikelihood of someone playing or not.

This is largely presented as rumor, but is far more often on the money. Yet is also just 'stuff he's heard', without claiming any especial 'insider' type of info.

Respect to Foles and all that but nah im straight. Lets just trade up and grab our franchise QB prospect like weve been avoiding doing in the last 17 years of football futility.

I dont want us taking Foles from prevent us from drafting a top prospect in the 1st rules,  in the best QB class in over a decade

I'd wait before I gave up a pick for Foles, if say Darnold and Allen are the only two QBs that go 1-9 and we get to choose between Baker Mayfield or Josh Rosen, you get on the phone with Oakland immediately and package 21 and 22 to secure your franchise QB.

Now if Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Mayfield all get drafted in the top 10, I'd offer Philly something for Foles. Maybe a 2nd round pick and draft Mason Rudolph in the 2nd round on top of that.

2nd Rudolph

2nd Foles

We would go into 2018 with a strong QB stable, capable of winning right now and in the future.

9 hours ago, DallasMac said:

It's not unheard of for qbs to get hot in the playoffs.  We've been victims of this twice in Superbowl's.  I think you've got to look at his career so far and what I see is an upper tier back up Qb.  I really hope we don't give up draft picks.

Few QB's get that hot (I assume you're referring to Hostetler and Rypien WRT Superbowls, but Rypien was hot that whole season while Hostetler didn't do much except for ride a great running game and defense), much less put up the numbers Foles did in the playoffs.   And he excelled once they went with the RPO against the Vikes. 

12 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

His Playoff run has Flacco written all over it. 22 wins in 6 years, very average stats minus the one good year. Grab the QB they want in the draft and be done with it. This would seem like settling.

He was 14-4 with 40 TDs, 12 ints and 5000 yards passing over 2 seasons with a different coaching staff and roster in 2013-14.

12 hours ago, horned dogs said:

Would you guys give up number 21 or 22 ?

Neither. Foles is worth a 2nd rd pick.. its the Eagles who are trying to milk this.

2nd or bust is as far as I would go

• Like (+1) 2