Rumor: Incarcerated Bob swears that the Bills were the team offering a 2nd for Foles

Offer a 2nd and a 5th...maybe another 5th next year for him. Draft your QB of the future and let Foles be your "bridge" guy. If he continues lighting it up...you're in excellent shape. If he comes back down to earth, you have your future QB waiting in the wings. 

13 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

I would trade  the #21 pick and Tyrod Taylor to the Eagles for Nick Foles. The Bills would first have to pay TT his 6 Million dollar bonus. The Eagles would get a first round pick as Foles becomes a FA next year, and they will get nothing. They will also get a quality backup in TT. Reports out of Philadelphia are that Wentz is way a head of schedule and will be ready for opening day. The Eagles are in bad shape cap wise and will have to create a little over 2 Million to pay TT instead of Foles. And Buffalo gets a quality QB on the cheap this year. With money next year to entend  him. Win/win for both teams ???

Um, No.  The benefit to the Eagles in moving Foles is to get draft picks and lower their cap.  There is no benefit to them in taking on a player with a $10M contract instead, even if they do get a draft pick.  They will go with the deal that offers them more picks.

I'm unsure the Bills have the ingredients for Nick Foles success, namely the OL, the WR, and most importantly DeFilippo, Reich and Pederson.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, No.  The benefit to the Eagles in moving Foles is to get draft picks and lower their cap.  There is no benefit to them in taking on a player with a $10M contract instead, even if they do get a draft pick.  They will go with the deal that offers them more picks.

I'm unsure the Bills have the ingredients for Nick Foles success, namely the OL, the WR, and most importantly DeFilippo, Reich and Pederson.

Good point!

16 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Even if this were true, the Eagles will want a lot more than a 2nd round pick for Foles.

The Eagles hold all the cards in this situation. They will command a king's ransom for Foles.

Or they could get greedy, ask too much and get nothing for him as he rots on the bench.

Bobs link says nothing, the escape is 2 more teams are monitoring the situation,

geeez the guy can't lose

As of yesterday only one AFC team offered a 2nd rounder. That is the deal

17 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Even if this were true, the Eagles will want a lot more than a 2nd round pick for Foles.

The Eagles hold all the cards in this situation. They will command a king's ransom for Foles.

If the league is patient and Wentz is back he'll be able to be had for a carton of cigarettes and a quart of pork fried rice.

Edited by BeefCurtns

22 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I'd be totally good with them giving up a 2nd for Foles and still drafting a rookie high in the draft. 

The only thing id worry about in that scenario is that it may make it harder to re-sign Foles (if he had a good season and the Bills wanted him back). There's always the franchise tag in that scenario though. 

But I wouldn't really want to give up a 2nd for Foles and have the Bills think they could punt on drafting a QB because of it. 

absolutely not a reason to punt.
gives them a chance to get flexible in the draft maybe? Right now they puzzling every possible scenario to gain a QB. Nail that down for a season or two if you can trade Tyrod for something reasonable. Still gotta draft the guy you like and see as a  fit for in Buffalo Bills. Thanks BF4

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They don’t “know” that since the Bills have publically stated they won’t cut him. Could they? Sure, but no team knows that they will. 

they might. thats cool.
But not until they have something better in House. because anything less would be foolish. Bring in Foles means he starts though. and he likely wont settle for  a Bridge QB thang

19 hours ago, jr1 said:

Bob's a grifter that preys upon confirmation bias

rough trade i heard. don't bring him home to Momma type of grifter

still fun to discuss

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Or they could get greedy, ask too much and get nothing for him as he rots on the bench.

He's their insurance policy.  He won't rot.  It's a win-win for the Eagles.

They'll look very stupid if they trade him for a 2nd, Wentz can't start the season or gets hurt from coming back too soon, and Sudfeld can't actually play in the NFL

If they keep him, Sudfeld lights the place up in TC/preseason (which he did not, last year) and/or Wentz is good to go, there's a decent chance a contender will have a QB injury (see: Vikings) and be willing to give the Vikes as much or more.

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

If Jimmy G was only worth a 2nd......then Foles is only worth a 4th.

Patriots got fleeced possibly. Also Jimmy G got paid the biggest ever member?

Edited by Lfod

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Why would they want/need Tyrod?

To replace Foles as backup for a year if they don’t know Wentz’s injury timeline and don’t think Sudfeld is ready (I guess...)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Doesn't sound legit if the rumor from the other day is true that they want more than they got for Bradford. I would take this deal in zero seconds flat but I'm sure the Eagles know they can get more.

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Doesn't sound legit if the rumor from the other day is true that they want more than they got for Bradford. I would take this deal in zero seconds flat but I'm sure the Eagles know they can get more.

Not if they can’t get an experienced starting QB from anywhere else. They may not feel comfortable rolling with Nate Sudfeld with Wentz’s knee situation. TT may not be as good as Foles but he’s not that much worse that they wouldn’t swap them for one year to get a 1st out of it. They were going to lose Foles next year anyway. 

TT as a backup to Wentz who they trust to start with a good team around him for a short period of time if needed fits what the Eagles need more than he fits what Bills need, which is a long-term starter. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

To replace Foles as backup for a year if they don’t know Wentz’s injury timeline and don’t think Sudfeld is ready (I guess...)

...Foles is under contract on the cheap.....Sudafed?.....seriously?......Roseman is back in charge after Chip pushed him aside...think he's a bit smarter than hoping/rushing Wentz back to create a hole with Foles trade.....maybe.....maybe not....

If our coaches had faith they could implement a system similar to the one the Eagles ran, sure, go for him.

But if they're going to run him like Jeff Fisher did, don't even bother (same can be said for Case Keenum, except Foles is better).

10 hours ago, cba fan said:

Browns are trading for Foles now?? wow!

No.  The rumor was TT and the Bills' 1st rounder to the Iggles for Foles. 

28 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

If our coaches had faith they could implement a system similar to the one the Eagles ran, sure, go for him.

But if they're going to run him like Jeff Fisher did, don't even bother (same can be said for Case Keenum, except Foles is better).

That would obviously be what any team that trades for Foles will do.  Unless they're stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1

A 2nd is as high as I would go, let the Eagles deal with the hold out because Foles will want to be paid based on his performance in the playoffs and super bowl. The Eagles already have cap issues, I don't think they have any other choice but to trade Foles. Stand fast with the 2nd rd pick, I think the Eagles have no choice but to trade him.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

This “source” would have to be with the Eagles as the Eagles wouldn’t tell the Bills they have the top offer in and are waiting to see...

Smells a bit fishy.

Yup.....total garbage.

I don’t know who this bob is. 

BUFFALO BILLS

report emerged on Monday that the Eagles were offered a second-round pick for Foles by an AFC team. Although that team isn't known, there are only a handful that make sense, and the Buffalo Bills might be at the top of that list. 

The Bills are in need of a quarterback after trading Tyrod Taylor to the Cleveland Browns, and their front office made it clear at the NFL Combine that they are going to be looking at all options when it comes to quarterback for the 2018 season.

"We’re looking at every position," Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane said, "including quarterback."

Already a playoff team, the Bills could use a playoff-tested quarterback that knows how to win with a strong defense and strong running game. Foles fits that criteria. 

With five picks in the first three rounds, the Bills have plenty of draft capital to get a deal done. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nick-foles-trade-rumors-eagles-get-a-respectable-offer-afc-team-dangled-second-rounder/amp/

First from Peter King of TheMMQB.comcomes this nugget about having a "respectable" deal on the table:

Then there's this from Geoff Mosher of FanRagSports, who says that an AFC team has offered, specifically, a second-round pick in exchange for Foles. 

An AFC team has already offered a second-round pick for Foles, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation. The offer was proposed earlier this offseason, per the source.

So maybe this bob is no more than another Dunkirk Son stealing someone else’s story.