Preston Brown thinks he can help the Patriots

Domdab99

Everyone hated Gilmore until he finally made a play.  Mike G is pretty much a nobody on their team and Hogan was decent for them.  Have fun if you want to leave.  You don't have TB on defense to do the work of getting flags ever other play so I'm sure it will be fun.

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Can someone explain to me why “bye, Felicia” is a thing? I just don’t get it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bye,_Felicia

The phrase "Bye, Felicia" (actually spelled "Felisha" in the cast listing) came from a scene in the American stoner buddy crime comedy film Friday(1995). According to Ice Cube, who starred in the film and co-wrote its script, "Bye, Felicia" is "the phrase 'to get anyone out of your face'," and, as it was used in the Friday scene, is generally intended as a dismissive kiss-off.[

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Did he forget he also was on a team that made it to the playoffs?

"A lot of guys left the last year, and it seemed like everybody who left us was going to the playoffs — (Rams wide receivers) Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods, (49ers receiver) Marquise Goodwin. Everybody who left had a good season. It’s definitely something you look at like, wow, those guys are having success. But the Patriots, they definitely seem to get the best out of the Buffalo Bills.”

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Belichick would love the play where he thought he ran the fumble back for a TD and then wildly celebrated when it was called back. He adores confused players, especially at LB.

I think that would better than a player who didn't know the NFL rules when it came to covering kick-offs :lol: 

screen-shot-2017-01-01-at-4-07-38-pm-cop

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Brown makes a lot of sense for them. He’s a pretty good (and smart) player. Preston Brown might be the most underrated player on the Bills.

I heavily disagree. While he's a leader,good locker room guy and motivated,his skills really don't match the modern NFL. Very good versus the run, He's too easy to exploit in the pass game,teams pass more than they run so.

I'd like to keep him for cheap but other than that, good riddance.

That article severely overrated him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bye,_Felicia

The phrase "Bye, Felicia" (actually spelled "Felisha" in the cast listing) came from a scene in the American stoner buddy crime comedy film Friday(1995). According to Ice Cube, who starred in the film and co-wrote its script, "Bye, Felicia" is "the phrase 'to get anyone out of your face'," and, as it was used in the Friday scene, is generally intended as a dismissive kiss-off.[

Fun Fact: Felisha’s son was drafted last year. Former University of Miami QB Brad Kaaya

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I heavily disagree. While he's a leader,good locker room guy and motivated,his skills really don't match the modern NFL. Very good versus the run, He's too easy to exploit in the pass game,teams pass more than they run so.

It also stated the the Bills are trying to keep him, which I’m not sure is accurate. Plus his agent is his mom so

Just listened to the SiriusXM NFL Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan discuss the Pat's situation. They don't have much money to play with ($10 million under cap...currently). They don't have the money to sign someone like Preston, who thinks he probably deserves a windfall. Pats still have to sign some of their own and have to make cuts to free up some cash. Sorry Preston, go bark up another tree. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

He had 144 tackles last year and we act like he’s a scrub. A lot of that is because the DTs were so atrocious vs. the run but he still held his own. He was fine in pass coverage in our zone defense because he is heady. His quick recognition offsets some of his lack of athleticism. Teams didn’t exploit him in the passing game. He is an above average NFL starter. 

• Like (+1) 3

The NFL’s reigning tackles leader has watched former Bills teammates stampede out of Buffalo and turn into stars with the Patriots.

Seriously? There biggest star to date has been Hogan and it's a stretch to call him a "star".

Mike G - disgruntled, benched and probably cut.

Scott Chandler- Really?

Gilmore - Toasted early and often but ended decent. Far from "star status" and not worth the contract.

What ? player am I missing?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I i don’t think he’s a scrub, but i do think he is looking to get a big payday. I don’t think the Pats will be the team to pony up for him.

Must of been told to go out and get other offers by the Bills.

Good at chasing behind receivers by two yards and making tackles 5 years past the line. Good luck Preston.

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost
  • Haha (+1) 1

i like preston brown. seems like a good guy. good player. not the most gifted athlete, but seems to be a high effort guy. i would like to see him stay a buffalo bill, but if somebody wants to pay him a boat load of cash, i will understand him leaving. these careers are short, make what you can, and have fun. there are plenty of jackholes out there, i just don't think he is one of them.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Must of been told to go out and get other offers by the Bills.

Good at chasing behind receivers by two yards and making tackles 5 years past the line. Good luck Preston.

No offense but there isn’t a FA in history that needs to be told “go out and get other offers.”  That is how you maximize your time as a free agent.

33 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

The NFL’s reigning tackles leader has watched former Bills teammates stampede out of Buffalo and turn into stars with the Patriots.

Seriously? There biggest star to date has been Hogan and it's a stretch to call him a "star".

Mike G - disgruntled, benched and probably cut.

Scott Chandler- Really?

Gilmore - Toasted early and often but ended decent. Far from "star status" and not worth the contract.

What ? player am I missing?

The Bills actually have better luck with Pats players... Milloy, Spikes.

His comment about everyone from the Bills who goes to the Pats goes to either Super Bowls or Pro Bowls. Super Bowls? No **** Sherlock. Pro Bowls? ? Nope. Try again. Gilmore actually went to the Pro Bowl with the Bills but was not selected with the Pats. No former Bills were selected to the Pro Bowl. 

As an aside, Zach Brown also went to the Pro bowl with the Bills, but then was not selected with the Redskins. None of the other guys he mentioned who had good seasons after they left  (all WRs btw, nice throwing TT under the bus along the way) who made the playoffs (boohoo oh wait you did too) went to the pro Bowl either.  

The author tried like Gumby to make it look like Gillislee did anything, which was amusing. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2