The Bills NEED to go all in on getting Saquan Barkley

SAFTB

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We disagree there. The Cowboys has a great line, added Zeke and had homefield advantage. He’s suspended for half of the year and they are out of the playoffs. Fournette goes to the Jags and they go from 3-13 to a score from the Super Bowl. Gurley was in contention for the MVP of the league on a team that went from the 1st pick to division champs. While I agree that you can find quality RBs throughout the draft the stars are going early again. It’s working for the teams that are taking them.

We really need to stop looking at 10 years ago when analyzing this stuff. The NFL is constantly in flux. This has only been 2 or 3 years but it isn’t a trend that is changing. The top guys are back in the top 5.

This is exactly my point. Build up the defense to become dominant. Look at the playoffs jags, vikings, eagles all made noise this year and none have a top QB. Barkley is a franchise changing type player. Trade the farm for a QB that you're not certain on?! None of these QBs look impressive. Barkley should be the pick

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

And that said - I really do believe getting a second tier guy on day two (not waiting til day 3) would be a great investment. Someone that can reliably spell shady would be huge. And lays the groundwork for when shady is gone or falls apart.

I’d be fine with that. Sony Michel is one of my favorite players in the draft. If he gets to your 2nd round pick I wouldn’t hate it (regardless of your other needs). I think that he’ll be a star.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

While the Bills shouldn’t trade up for a RB with their current needs it isn’t a terrible idea for the right teams. Zeke, Gurley and Fournette all went high and totally transformed their teams. This isn’t a decade ago when Spiller went. The pendulum is swinging back. Barkley is really going to change an offense, just not ours.

Yes, a team in the top 5 where the cost is one or two picks max.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d be fine with that. Sony Michel is one of my favorite players in the draft. If he gets to your 2nd round pick I wouldn’t hate it (regardless of your other needs). I think that he’ll be a star.

Would be a killer tandem and a good transition plan with Shady aging. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know you’d be down- but I’m going to keep beating the drum a bit. I think many would be surprised by it but I think there’s a real value in that area most years. There aren’t many guys going at 50 that impact a team more than Kamara or hunt. Lots of touches, less extreme transition- and get them before the injury bug of a vet. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SAFTB said:

All this QB talk is great but the safest pick, and the best pick in this draft is Penn State running back Saquan Barkley. I've watched him throughout college and he will be one of the BEST running backs to play this game when all is said and done. The things he does on the field is jaw dropping and off the field he's a stand up guy.

Trade McCoy to get rid of that contract AND to get younger AND better. Trade up to #2 and get the future Hall of Famer and build around him.

Sign a QB like Bradford, draft a QB in the 2nd round and let him sit a year to learn. 

This will get us on the path of winning consistently 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0VALn4r8mg

Possibly the worst idea ever floated on TBD...and that's saying a lot.

1 hour ago, SAFTB said:

All this QB talk is great but the safest pick, and the best pick in this draft is Penn State running back Saquan Barkley. I've watched him throughout college and he will be one of the BEST running backs to play this game when all is said and done. The things he does on the field is jaw dropping and off the field he's a stand up guy.

Trade McCoy to get rid of that contract AND to get younger AND better. Trade up to #2 and get the future Hall of Famer and build around him.

Sign a QB like Bradford, draft a QB in the 2nd round and let him sit a year to learn. 

Stop/Thread.

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

Nice Judgment....Not.

Although I disagree with the OP, he has right to his/her own opinion.  He was not rude and actually attached a clip of the player in question.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

With all their capital, Cleveland would be nuts not to try to get Barkley too.

As crazy as this sounds, it’s easy to be a little jealous of the Browns. They have some parts already, and soooo many options to get soooo much better. Where they sit right now, if they do it right, they can begin to build something great.

...or, they can keep being the Browns.  :huh:

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

As crazy as this sounds, it’s easy to be a little jealous of the Browns. They have some parts already, and soooo many options to get soooo much better. Where they sit right now, if they do it right, they can begin to build something great.

...or, they can keep being the Browns.  :huh:

The Browns are due just like we were around 1987-88.  This draft could make them for the next ten years.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Why settle for whatever QB is left at 4?  Why not identify the guy you love the most, and take him #1 overall.  

Always a chance you could lose out on Barkley.  I think a deal could be had where Indy or the Giants might be willing to drop back a spot so Cleveland could get its RB/QB combo at 1 and 2 or at worst 1 and 3.  Cleveland's cost to move up one or two spots would be minimal.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Always a chance you could lose out on Barkley.  I think a deal could be had where Indy or the Giants might be willing to drop back a spot so Cleveland could get its RB/QB combo at 1 and 2 or at worst 1 and 3.  Cleveland's cost to move up one or two spots would be minimal.

This is what I am talking about.

Also, if NYG or IND wanted, they could trade down further to a QB needy team.

There are so many scenarios.

Cleveland could trade with NYG for their 1st, one of their 3 2nd's, and one of their 4ths.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This is what I am talking about.

Also, if NYG or IND wanted, they could trade down further to a QB needy team.

There are so many scenarios.

Cleveland could trade with NYG for their 1st, one of their 3 2nd's, and one of their 4ths.

I don't see either the Colts or Giants going down further than my scenario.  Indy could set a weak defense with Chubb and the Giants can start grooming Eli's replacement.  All either wants from Cleveland is a promise to take the player discussed in a trade scenario.  I don't think that at least the Giants will put themselves in a position where Denver or the Jets scoop a QB that the Giants were eyeing by going out of the top 4.

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't see either the Colts or Giants going down further than my scenario.  Indy could set a weak defense with Chubb and the Giants can start grooming Eli's replacement.  All either wants from Cleveland is a promise to take the player discussed in a trade scenario.  I don't think that at least the Giants will put themselves in a position where Denver or the Jets scoop a QB that the Giants were eyeing by going out of the top 4.

I definitely see your point of NYG if they are QB picking.

If QBs are taken early the remaining non-QB talent is dropping and then it becomes player/position and team need scenarios.

As with every years draft, once some of the big FAs (both QB and other positions) flesh out after the 1st week of FA, the draft picture will "start" to clear up.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

While the Bills shouldn’t trade up for a RB with their current needs it isn’t a terrible idea for the right teams. Zeke, Gurley and Fournette all went high and totally transformed their teams. This isn’t a decade ago when Spiller went. The pendulum is swinging back. Barkley is really going to change an offense, just not ours.

No thanks,  i would never spend a high pick on a RB.  This team needs to go all in and get the best QB available end of story,  passing league.

21 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

No thanks,  i would never spend a high pick on a RB.  This team needs to go all in and get the best QB available end of story,  passing league.

There’s no disagreement. We are saying the same thing in regards to the Bills. A game changing runner though makes sense for the Giants, Colts, Browns or even the Broncos or Jets if they get Cousins. In 2018, superstar running backs are back in the top 5. The pendulum has swung back. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't think it would be ideal to make this guy your entire draft. I could see it making sense if the Bills had a high enough pick to just make it happen. I don't think starting RB for the Bills is a top priority right now. 

We have Shady so I don't think the Bills are desperate in that area enough to leap for one. If we had a high enough pick without trading or he fell to us then I could maybe join in agreement. We definitely don't need to go all in. Shady isn't hot garbage. It would make more sense to say if this guy is still around for our first pick the Bills shouldn't let him pass by.

Plus until we get a passing game he would just be stacked against just like Shady was. I think the priority is passing game. I think it would be nice to have a passing game in Buffalo. This guy would have to be elite enough to win with the deck stacked against him, at least while our passing offense is so poor.

Edited by Lfod

3 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Apples and oranges. Barkley can do it all. Best running back to come out of penn state. I watched every game he played in. He’s an absolute freak of nature. He will be a game changer in the nfl. Just saying... 

Valedictorian of summer school 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SAFTB said:

Funny stuff, mon.

4 hours ago, SAFTB said:

Ooooo god NO NO NO NO NO NO 

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Fantasy football has made some fans believe building a team starts and almost ends with offensive skill positions. 

QBs and pass rushers are where you need to be strong. This hasn't changed in years and teams with high picks without those type players taking RBs is madness.