Hate to say it...Tyrod will be back

Hebert19

Unkess we can trade him behind the scenes ala Smith.  

Here's why I think this is the case.  

1.  Cousins is not coming here.  He will end up in Denver or NYC.  

2.  Cost to trade up will be too high.  Especially if they aren't sold that one of these guys are the next elite AN.

3.  We have more holes than qb.  If we trade up we would put a rookie out there with a ****ty team and we know how that turns out.  

4.  Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT upgrades.  Before wasting money on them we have to ask.  Are they really better.  

Draft well...sign some people to plug holes and this team will make playoffs again and have more money and options next year for draft.  That's my take...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 2

TT wouldn't be so horrible if they draft someone without giving away the farm to get them.  That way you got Peterman who might be redeemable if he sends the offseason watch film and working out; and a rookie who could be the future and you do not need to rush.  Without that, I cannot see TT here another year.  His limitation are too great if the team wants to not only make the playoffs, but win a game.  Freakin' Bortles sucks, but he too can ran and he can throw the ball down filed with accuracy (compared to TT).

If cousins is gone there are no upgrades in FA.  And we are far from a QB away so o can't see us pissing away draft picks.  So yup.  Tt may be best option. 

1 minute ago, Jamie Nails said:

I'd like to explore bringing in Bobby Hebert

Or his long lost cousin?  :)

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

He could be if he takes a pay cut. 

He has to take a pay cut or he's simply let go.  There's no way the Bills pay the man $16m next year for effectively just being a game manager.

I've been saying this. I feel we hired our OC based on Taylor or Alex Smith. Draft a developmental QB and stick with Taylor. It's all about scheme with Tyrod, if we get super creative he can be a force imo. Similar to the offense Tennessee runs, which has a huge amount of Oregon concepts. Other than Cousins,there are no upgrades and I doubt we go after Kirk or trade up, Taylor stays. Improved overall roster plus what should be a much improved scheme and Tyrod could be a dangerous QB.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Bridgewater is definitely an upgrade. Just a bigger injury risk. I'm really curious about what his situation really is.

If the Bills could work a trade with Minnesota, that would be awesome. Then draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd.

Bradford is an even bigger upgrade - and injury risk.  Doesn't have to be much of a trade if any - they have 2 more QBs than they can afford to pay.

34 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

So this thread is just based on supposition and not any actual news facts?

I guess it's based on Smith to DC - which only means it's now certain Cousins is leaving DC - yeah the rest of it is strictly hypothetical on not getting Cousins I guess.

Maybe the OP is one of the set of people (who I don't completely understand) who were hoping the Bills would get Smith b/c he is somehow good.  I don't think like that, because I much prefer Cousins over Smith - and now we KNOW Cousins will be a FA.

This is coming from someone who liked TT. 

If the Bills send him out there again, which I think is highly unlikely as they showed 0 faith in him and benched him for a 5th rounder that wasn't ready. I would be really disappointed and more than likely would swallow a wire brush and attempt to pass it naturally. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Oh Boy Denver, you just got the next Matt Cassel in Cousins.   If you really wanted to get a win now guy, Smith would have cost you half as much as Kirk, and he's twice as good. Not just stat wise, but consistency.  And you would have had $10M left over to go sign a monster free agent.   Instead you have Kirk, aka Captain Average.

The upside is two teams ahead of us that needed qb's are now out of the qb hunt.

Cleveland, Giants, Jets will pick qb's and likely leave either Allen or Mayfield sitting there when the Raiders pick at 10 in front of the Dolphins.    

MUCH easier to trade up to that spot than it is to get into the top 3 or 4.    This is good news.  

There is no way on God's green Earth that they can trot Taylor out there and try and tell us that he's a "Playoff caliber QB and we feel like he's a guy we can win with" and still expect to sell tickets. Change has to be made even if it's a lateral move. 

That being said, right now I believe Taylor is their last resort. If they were willing to park him on the bench for a raw 5th round draftee last year, I have no doubt they would be comfortable starting someone they get in the second round this year. Or a Case Keenum/Josh McCown type QB.

There is a big difference between Tyrod being on the roster, and Tyrod being the unquestioned starter for the entirety of 2018.

I sincerely think that TT is likely the best bridge option available to us. I also sincerely think that the Bills are going to take a swing at a rookie. And I don't hate to say that I think that a journeyman vet who got us to the playoffs is already on contract while we get the rookie ready.

Excuse me, but I have to step into some very important high level business meetings...

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

I told you this over PM. Stop calling me a source.

Be serious, my inbox has been overwhelmed lately but I certainly don't remember any PM's with you.

Also my source was via text message on my phone (my guy deep in TX who reported the Gaine hiring and more recent info I shared).

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Bridgewater is definitely an upgrade. Just a bigger injury risk. I'm really curious about what his situation really is.

If the Bills could work a trade with Minnesota, that would be awesome. Then draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd.

Bridgewater is  FA unless Minnesota tries to toll his contract due to injury...in fact...all three of their QB's are FA's.

Edited by johnnywo

19 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Tell me how he is an upgrade.  Injury risk and barely passes for more than 3000 yards like Taylor only with more int and less rushing yards.  He's more limited than Taylor. 

4 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Be serious, my inbox has been overwhelmed lately but I certainly don't remember any PM's with you.

Also my source was via text message on my phone (my guy deep in TX who reported the Gaine hiring and more recent info I shared).

So you have sources in all the regions of the United States?

59 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Unkess we can trade him behind the scenes ala Smith.  

Here's why I think this is the case.  

1.  Cousins is not coming here.  He will end up in Denver or NYC.  

2.  Cost to trade up will be too high.  Especially if they aren't sold that one of these guys are the next elite AN.

3.  We have more holes than qb.  If we trade up we would put a rookie out there with a ****ty team and we know how that turns out.  

4.  Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT upgrades.  Before wasting money on them we have to ask.  Are they really better.  

Draft well...sign some people to plug holes and this team will make playoffs again and have more money and options next year for draft.  That's my take...

I agree with most of what you said except #4. I would consider either Bradford of Bridgewater an upgrade over TT.  Bradford when healthy is in fact pretty good.  The problem is he can't stay healthy and it would be hard to depend on him without a decent backup.  

This is why I was so pissed at McDermott last year when the idiot passed on Mahomes and Watson. 

Tre White’s a good player but he’s a CB. CB’s don’t lead teams to Super Bowls, ask the Jets. 

McDermott F$&@ed up huge last year at the draft. What an idiot. I can’t believe how badly the process misread the tea leaves. 

Just now, Hebert19 said:

Tell me how he is an upgrade.  Injury risk and barely passes for more than 3000 yards like Taylor only with more int and less rushing yards.  He's more limited than Taylor. 

Taylor's the most limited passer in the league. In 2015, Bridgewater's INT % was just .4 higher than Taylor's, but his completion % was 3% higher and his avg yards per pass was a yard higher.

You know why? Because Bridgewater can actually pass the football.

They we're both in run heavy offenses. Total yards is not an important stat. Bridgewater has played 2 years in the league and is a better QB already.

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

This is why I was so pissed at McDermott last year when the idiot passed on Mahomes and Watson. 

Tre White’s a good player but he’s a CB. CB’s don’t lead teams to Super Bowls, ask the Jets. 

McDermott F$&@ed up huge last year at the draft. What an idiot. I can’t believe how badly the process misread the tea leaves. 

pump the brakes a bit there dude....watson took the wheel for a bit then got hurt, and opponents will catch on...and mahomes already has a winning record?