Hate to say it...Tyrod will be back

Hebert19

25 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Oh Boy Denver, you just got the next Matt Cassel in Cousins.   If you really wanted to get a win now guy, Smith would have cost you half as much as Kirk, and he's twice as good. Not just stat wise, but consistency.  And you would have had $10M left over to go sign a monster free agent.   Instead you have Kirk, aka Captain Average.

I think every part of this is wrong. I didn't know Kirk Cousins was so polarizing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Unkess we can trade him behind the scenes ala Smith.  

Here's why I think this is the case.  

1.  Cousins is not coming here.  He will end up in Denver or NYC.  

2.  Cost to trade up will be too high.  Especially if they aren't sold that one of these guys are the next elite AN.

3.  We have more holes than qb.  If we trade up we would put a rookie out there with a ****ty team and we know how that turns out.  

4.  Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT upgrades.  Before wasting money on them we have to ask.  Are they really better.  

Draft well...sign some people to plug holes and this team will make playoffs again and have more money and options next year for draft.  That's my take...

tyrod will be back....until maybe draft day...when we get a something in a trade deal.

next years qbs will be foles, peterman and fill in the blank.....as per my source....mr. guts feeling.

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

I’m think you are right.  Unless we actually get someone worse. Which is likely. Like Peterson 

who's this peterson guy?......<_<

Edited by billsredneck1

This staff benched Tyrod in the middle of a playoff run because he was playing like Tyrod has played for 3 years now.

Every Tyrod game is pretty much the same: 150-200 yards passing, a few nice runs, and maybe a TD passing. Has been the same under 3 different coordinators and 2 head coaches. He isn't changing just because Daboll showed up.

49 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Bridgewater is definitely an upgrade. Just a bigger injury risk. I'm really curious about what his situation really is.

If the Bills could work a trade with Minnesota, that would be awesome. Then draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd.

Who are the Bills going to trade with Minnesota for?  All three of Minn QB are FA

9 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Once you get benched for Nate Peterman you go to the nearest real estate office and put your house on the market.

And yet.  That was said of Alex Smith when he was benched for Shaun Hill and then Troy Smith.  He was booed.  The crowd chanted for David Carr.

And today, seven years later, Smith has just been guaranteed $71M.  Seventy one million dollars.

That's like, ten million a year for every year in the NFL since he got booed and benched.

What a sport.  What a country!

I'm not saying this is my idea of a good time, but if Daboll thinks he can channel Jim Harbaugh, there are worse alternatives.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And yet.  That was said of Alex Smith when he was benched for Shaun Hill and then Troy Smith.  He was booed.  The crowd chanted for David Carr.

And today, seven years later, Smith has just been guaranteed $71M.  Seventy one million dollars.

That's like, ten million a year for every year in the NFL since he got booed and benched.

What a sport.  What a country!

I like Sam Bradford's path better. For the longest time he was averaging a million bucks per touchdown. 

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who are the Bills going to trade with Minnesota for?  All three of Minn QB are FA

If the Bills wanted a guy, would they work out a trade before March? I don't pay attention to the contract-type stuff too much, but sometimes teams take action before the FA period, right? They may pay a little more for a guy they want.

47 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Oh Boy Denver, you just got the next Matt Cassel in Cousins.   If you really wanted to get a win now guy, Smith would have cost you half as much as Kirk, and he's twice as good. Not just stat wise, but consistency.  And you would have had $10M left over to go sign a monster free agent.   Instead you have Kirk, aka Captain Average.

The upside is two teams ahead of us that needed qb's are now out of the qb hunt.

Cleveland, Giants, Jets will pick qb's and likely leave either Allen or Mayfield sitting there when the Raiders pick at 10 in front of the Dolphins.    

MUCH easier to trade up to that spot than it is to get into the top 3 or 4.    This is good news.  

I don't think the Giants are going to pick a QB anymore.  Browns are picking one at #1 (hopefully Allen) and then I think it's fair game on picks 2-4 for teams to trade up to get Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield.

23 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

pump the brakes a bit there dude....watson took the wheel for a bit then got hurt, and opponents will catch on...and mahomes already has a winning record?

Mahomes has generational talent.

Watson got hurt but showed promise. 

Tre White is a freakin CB....a good QB is more valuable than a great CB. McDermott had first round QBs fall to him and he ignorantly passed. Idiot move. 

You seem very confident about Tyrod and so do a few others. So let me ask you a hypothetical question. What kind of money would you put on Tyrod being the Bills starting QB next year if it was a bet in Vegas? 

Edited by Lfod

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Mahomes has generational talent.

Watson got hurt but showed promise. 

Tre White is a freakin CB....a good QB is more valuable than a great CB. McDermott had first round QBs fall to him and he ignorantly passed. Idiot move. 

Mahommes has shown NOTHING....nothing

Tre White is already one of the best corners in the league in his rookie season.

Follow the money......QBs get paid a ton but right after them are the shut down corners.   To get Tre and a 1st round pick is a total win.

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

You seem very confident about Tyrod and so do a few others. So let me ask you a hypothetical question. What kind of money would you put on Tyrod being the Bills starting QB next year if it was a bet in Vegas? 

Boy...

and I'm the guy made fun of for making bets here.

What kind of money would you put on Tyrod not being on the Bills roster week 1 of the regular season?

54 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Be serious, my inbox has been overwhelmed lately but I certainly don't remember any PM's with you.

Also my source was via text message on my phone (my guy deep in TX who reported the Gaine hiring and more recent info I shared).

Clearly you do, as you’ve quoted me verbatim a few times. I hope you know that I’m messing around and I’m not really a source.

Knock it off.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

If the Bills wanted a guy, would they work out a trade before March? I don't pay attention to the contract-type stuff too much, but sometimes teams take action before the FA period, right? They may pay a little more for a guy they want.

That's not how it works, GOAT.  No trades are allowed between the trade deadline in November and the new league year in March (March 14th).

That is also when FA starts.

So if a guy is a pending FA (true of Bridgewater, Bradford, and Keenum), the only way to trade him is if his current team signs him to a contract extension now, and then trades him in the league new year.

OK, so they'll do that, right?  Well, notsofast.  The reason teams give up picks or players in a trade vs. FA is that they want to be sure of the player - they don't want him to hit FA and be able to choose from multiple teams where they might lose out to a bidding war.  But in the scenerio above, the only motivation the player would have to not test FA but re-up with his current team, would be if a deal is in place and he's certain he wants to go there, he doesn't want to test the FA waters and look for multiple bids - in which case, why wouldn't the new team just wait and sign him in FA? 

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Unkess we can trade him behind the scenes ala Smith.  

Here's why I think this is the case.  

1.  Cousins is not coming here.  He will end up in Denver or NYC.  

2.  Cost to trade up will be too high.  Especially if they aren't sold that one of these guys are the next elite AN.

3.  We have more holes than qb.  If we trade up we would put a rookie out there with a ****ty team and we know how that turns out.  

4.  Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT upgrades.  Before wasting money on them we have to ask.  Are they really better.  

Draft well...sign some people to plug holes and this team will make playoffs again and have more money and options next year for draft.  That's my take...

Bradford is absolutely an upgrade over Taylor.

He was traded for a 1st round pick to the Vikings.  A bit high but the Vikes were desperate.

Do you think a team in a similar situation as MIN last year give up a 1st for Taylor?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Bradford is absolutely an upgrade over Taylor.

He was traded for a 1st round pick to the Vikings.  A bit high but the Vikes were desperate.

Do you think a team in a similar situation as MIN last year give up a 1st for Taylor?

If so, I'd do cartwheels in the nude.

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think the Giants are going to pick a QB anymore.  Browns are picking one at #1 (hopefully Allen) and then I think it's fair game on picks 2-4 for teams to trade up to get Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield.

Giants will no doubt be picking a QB......Eli is on the tale end of his career 

If todays posts are correct and Smith is a Redskin and Cousins is a Bronco what does that leave out there in FA?

I don't think you throw money at Bridgewater and Bradford seems to be hurt more than health. 

Taylor in 2018 with a short leash and Peterman as his backup - buckle up everyone. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's not how it works, GOAT.  No trades are allowed between the trade deadline in November and the new league year in March (March 14th).

That is also when FA starts.

So if a guy is a pending FA (true of Bridgewater, Bradford, and Keenum), the only way to trade him is if his current team signs him to a contract extension now, and then trades him in the league new year.

OK, so they'll do that, right?  Well, notsofast.  The reason teams give up picks or players in a trade vs. FA is that they want to be sure of the player - they don't want him to hit FA and be able to choose from multiple teams where they might lose out to a bidding war.  But in the scenerio above, the only motivation the player would have to not test FA but re-up with his current team, would be if a deal is in place and he's certain he wants to go there, he doesn't want to test the FA waters and look for multiple bids - in which case, why wouldn't the new team just wait and sign him in FA? 

Wouldn't the player's agent be talking to multiple teams already to gauge his FA value? If the deal is much better than his projected value and he likes the situation, wouldn't he be happy to sign that extension and be traded?

Anyway, the bidding war for the Minn QBs will not be that intense. There's definitely good value there with the two younger guys.

16 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I've been looking for excuses to cancel it! 

You can find the games online, no need for Sunday ticket. 

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Boy...

and I'm the guy made fun of for making bets here.

What kind of money would you put on Tyrod not being on the Bills roster week 1 of the regular season?

Well if we talking roster it would be different. I think he is a good back up. If we were talking Tyrod Taylor as the starter game one I would take that action hypothetically.

Since I am a man of honor I would only bet what I could afford to pay, so I would say $100. If I was a rich man I would go a lot higher on that amount.

In good fun, if non money bets we're allowed if I lost I would PM a picture of myself dressed in a way of the winners choosing holding a sign that said what the winner chose. The picture could be used for whatever the winner deemed necessary. I would also want the same if I was the winner.

Now keep mind I'm not a complete Tyrod hater this is actually because I don't think he has any chance to be a starter next year.

Edited by Lfod

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well... I don't think the Giants are going to pick a QB at #2 as of this moment... soooo, I guess I disagree with you.

Sorry  :unsure:

wanna place a bet...lol....kidding

My first thought after the Smith trade/deal is Tyrod's chances of staying here went from about 5% to 50%.  Bridgewater, Keenum, or Bradford's price tag just went up because of that deal. Cousins will be the most over payed QB since Joe Flacco and there's no way we're getting him.  Do we pick up somebody like Josh McCown and draft a QB?  AJ McCarron? 

We may have to watch Taylor for another year folks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Wouldn't the player's agent be talking to multiple teams already to gauge his FA value? If the deal is much better than his projected value and he likes the situation, wouldn't he be happy to sign that extension and be traded?

Anyway, the bidding war for the Minn QBs will not be that intense. There's definitely good value there with the two younger guys.

Officially, the agents are not allowed to talk to pending FA until the "tampering period" starting March 12.  That is tampering.  The team that owns the player's current rights CAN give permission to the player and his agent to talk to other teams. 

Once you sign a contract, nothing legal binds the other party to do what you've verbally agreed, nothing binds the new team to renegotiate.  I'm sure really stunning cases of going back on one's word would result in a bad reputation, but there are a lot of details in the contract, so the player gives up legal protections by not waiting for FA and scrutinizing the actual contract he will play under and signing directly with his new team.  What would motivate him to do that, just to make the team that is moving on from him happy?  If the team offers a deal above his projected value now WITH giving up a something in trade, wouldn't they give him an even better deal WITHOUT giving up some thing in trade?

I still believe he wont be here but if he's under center I'll skip a season. no way am I going to watch him scramble around like a chicken with its head cut off and not be able to make the throws.

3 points in the wildcard game, 3.

absolutely done with taylor.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Officially, the agents are not allowed to talk to pending FA until the "tampering period" starting March 12.  That is tampering.  The team that owns the player's current rights CAN give permission to the player and his agent to talk to other teams. 

Once you sign a contract, nothing legal binds the other party to do what you've verbally agreed, nothing binds the new team to renegotiate.  I'm sure really stunning cases of going back on one's word would result in a bad reputation, but there are a lot of details in the contract, so the player gives up legal protections by not waiting for FA and scrutinizing the actual contract he will play under and signing directly with his new team.  What would motivate him to do that, just to make the team that is moving on from him happy?  If the team offers a deal above his projected value now WITH giving up a something in trade, wouldn't they give him an even better deal WITHOUT giving up some thing in trade?

No, not necessarily. Sometimes the team is giving up an asset in the trade that they're more than willing to part ways with (like Tyrod or maybe even Glenn or an extra draft pick). They move on from that asset and it makes the deal better for them, while Bridgewater (for example) is still getting a better money deal than he projects to get in FA, and also may feel he's getting a head start, rather than having to wait for the FA shenanigans to end.