Hate to say it...Tyrod will be back

Hebert19

37 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Mahommes has shown NOTHING....nothing

Tre White is already one of the best corners in the league in his rookie season.

Follow the money......QBs get paid a ton but right after them are the shut down corners.   To get Tre and a 1st round pick is a total win.

Mahomes played one game and showed something. 

If if you wanna think what McDumbass did was  good move, fine. You’ll be thinking that till about week 5 of next season. 

Worst move in franchise history. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Unkess we can trade him behind the scenes ala Smith.  

Here's why I think this is the case.  

1.  Cousins is not coming here.  He will end up in Denver or NYC.  

2.  Cost to trade up will be too high.  Especially if they aren't sold that one of these guys are the next elite AN.

3.  We have more holes than qb.  If we trade up we would put a rookie out there with a ****ty team and we know how that turns out.  

4.  Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT upgrades.  Before wasting money on them we have to ask.  Are they really better.  

Draft well...sign some people to plug holes and this team will make playoffs again and have more money and options next year for draft.  That's my take...

Here’s my take 

While still in the ( hunt ) McD replaces TT with a rookie who never started an NFL game 

so that right there should tell you enough not to start anymore threads like that , and BTW I really believe that there’s a better chance of Peterman starting next year then Tyrod 

1 hour ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

If I was Tyrod I would ask for a trade or release.

If I was Tyrod I wouldn’t ask for a trade unless I was SURE there’s at least one team that was interested ! ( CFL? ) 

48 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Well if we talking roster it would be different. I think he is a good back up. If we were talking Tyrod Taylor as the starter game one I would take that action hypothetically.

Since I am a man of honor I would only bet what I could afford to pay, so I would say $100. If I was a rich man I would go a lot higher on that amount.

In good fun, if non money bets we're allowed if I lost I would PM a picture of myself dressed in a way of the winners choosing holding a sign that said what the winner chose. The picture could be used for whatever the winner deemed necessary. I would also want the same if I was the winner.

Now keep mind I'm not a complete Tyrod hater this is actually because I don't think he has any chance to be a starter next year.

I'm like 80% he'll be on the roster in the Fall and maybe 55% he'll be the starter week 1, so I wouldn't make a bet that he's the week 1 starter.

Despite the fact that I probably made more bets in the last year than I have over the course of my entire life... I'm not really a betting man, though.

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm like 80% he'll be on the roster in the Fall and maybe 55% he'll be the starter week 1, so I wouldn't make a bet that he's the week 1 starter.

Despite the fact that I probably made more bets in the last year than I have over the course of my entire life... I'm not really a betting man, though.

I wouldn't bet he's not on the roster. Even if I bet he was not the starter my nerves would still be on edge. I think I'd be just about at your percentage. Except I'm 50% on starter maybe 40%. If you can't land an upgrade and your gonna bridge screw it do it with Tyrod. It makes sense economic way. Get that dude an o-line and wr or I'll freak out.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

If if you wanna think what McDumbass did was  good move, fine. You’ll be thinking that till about week 5 of next season. 

Worst move in franchise history?  OMG you must have started following the Bills 10 minutes ago.  Given a few minutes I could probably list 100 moves that were worse than taking a shutdown corner in the first round after getting another team's first rounder the next year.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

No, not necessarily. Sometimes the team is giving up an asset in the trade that they're more than willing to part ways with (like Tyrod or maybe even Glenn or an extra draft pick). They move on from that asset and it makes the deal better for them, while Bridgewater (for example) is still getting a better money deal than he projects to get in FA, and also may feel he's getting a head start, rather than having to wait for the FA shenanigans to end.

It's the "better money deal than projects to get in FA" part that makes no sense to me.

42 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

My first thought after the Smith trade/deal is Tyrod's chances of staying here went from about 5% to 50%.  Bridgewater, Keenum, or Bradford's price tag just went up because of that deal. Cousins will be the most over payed QB since Joe Flacco and there's no way we're getting him.  Do we pick up somebody like Josh McCown and draft a QB?  AJ McCarron? 

We may have to watch Taylor for another year folks.

....unless Daboll is adamant with significant input as to whether TT fits his offense philosophy, I doubt it......McD will get final say and I'm not convinced Beane wants to pay him $16+ mil to see if Daboll can make it work.....McCarron's RFA/UFA case gets ruled upon Feb. 15 by an arbitrator and most speculation says RFA, so now you'll have to see tenders...I think Beane/McD are committed to building through the draft so their vet candidate wish list is probably a two year deal to mentor new 1st round QB and Peterman......McCown probably fits the bill....maybe even Stanton............

27 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I really liked Mahomes & was hoping we'd draft him. I watched several of his college games & he made some terrific throws. His father was a professional baseball player---good bloodlines & a person to teach him how to be a pro. It's over & done but we will probably regret not drafting him.

35 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

One game determines this?  And frankly I thought Mahommes looked shaky....this was without any defenses having any film on him at all.

Im not wishing bad on the guy....I just think that unless he becomes a franchise guy this was a Buffalo win.

and McD just sucks.....how many years has it been since we made the playoffs.....oh thats right WE JUST MADE IT......after a drought that is older then some of our teenage kids.

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Bridgewater is definitely an upgrade. Just a bigger injury risk. I'm really curious about what his situation really is.

If the Bills could work a trade with Minnesota, that would be awesome. Then draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd.

I think that if the Vikings keep Bradford and Keenan, that will tell you that they don’t thinkBridgewater is healthy.

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think that if the Vikings keep Bradford and Keenan, that will tell you that they don’t thinkBridgewater is healthy.

...and there's stuff floating around that Teddy refuses to sign a back up deal with the Vikes.........how, where or why he thinks he'll get starter money based on the severity of his injury and STILL questionable health is baffling....then again, desperation for a QB is generating crazy money................

Keeping TT is not exactly a dream come true ha ha. But I've said all along you don't can the guy unless you have someone to replace him! 

And many QBs have been benched and kept on playing and made money... Alex Smith being the most recent and probably best example. As if Tyrod would spit on a 18M payday to play for the Bills in 2018! 

With so limited a choice on the market, let's hope the draft picks solve this! Recall Brady was the 199th pick that year...

If Tyrod is back next year then really all I want is the guy to spend his time off Sky Diving and Thrill Riding. I want him to ride a bike without a helmet. Do some base jumping. Be dangerous.

Then I hope some of that wild and crazy comes back with him on to the field and he becomes an unpredictable psycho that yells at you for looking at his girlfriend when she's not even there. 

I never wanna see the dude settle because it's safe. If he's married get a divorce man. Mix it up. Take some strange home and raw dog. Take some risks man. You will never see me say another bad thing about him if he gets ignorant and unpredictable. Even if it doesn't turn out good. Ditch the nice suits get a hoody and ride or die.

I don't want that calm professional look to him. I want him to look like he just rolled out of prison and he gives you the evil eye all day like at any moment he's gonna gonna fly off the handle.

I don't want professional president Tyrod. I want murder capital of the world Thug life Tyrod Taylor. Throw it at a guy and miss him by a mile then go over and jump in his face for not catching the ball because Tyrod says he threw it right on target.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

This staff benched Tyrod in the middle of a playoff run because he was playing like Tyrod has played for 3 years now.

Every Tyrod game is pretty much the same: 150-200 yards passing, a few nice runs, and maybe a TD passing. Has been the same under 3 different coordinators and 2 head coaches. He isn't changing just because Daboll showed up.

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Tyrod is done with this team.  Do people forget he was literally benched this year?

The Bills will sign a different vet, liked they try to do last year (Hoyer).

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Once you get benched for Nate Peterman you go to the nearest real estate office and put your house on the market.

3 posts in a row...

HE WAS BENCHED

HE WAS BENCHED

HE WAS BENCHED

Is that really the reason all the people saying Tyrod will obviously not be a Bill this coming year are clinging to?  It seems like the only thing anyone ever points to when you ask them why they think he'll be off the roster  0:) 

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I still believe he wont be here but if he's under center I'll skip a season. no way am I going to watch him scramble around like a chicken with its head cut off and not be able to make the throws.

3 points in the wildcard game, 3.

absolutely done with taylor.

I think w that threat no way do they bring him back. 

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

Mahommes has shown NOTHING....nothing

Tre White is already one of the best corners in the league in his rookie season.

Follow the money......QBs get paid a ton but right after them are the shut down corners.   To get Tre and a 1st round pick is a total win.

Except you cannot say it's a total win (or failure) yet.

A franchise QB is worth much more than a lockdown corner, that's just a fact.

Ask the Jets how many Superbowls "Revis island" got them too while the Sanchize was taking a dump behind center.

a great qb also tends to have a longer career.

The bills have a habit of drafting great CBs then letting them walk, so if white isn't kept long term (assuming he stays legit top tier) then it's still a flop move.

If mahomes turns into a top 10 QB and we don't get a top10 QB from either FA/trade or draft this year, it was a flop.

Many agree that mahomes has a ridiculous ceiling so if he blossoms, we look like morons, unless we get a stud too.

Too many variables.

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Mahomes has generational talent.

Watson got hurt but showed promise. 

Tre White is a freakin CB....a good QB is more valuable than a great CB. McDermott had first round QBs fall to him and he ignorantly passed. Idiot move. 

i don't remember watson or mahommes getting more hype than darnold , rosen , mayfield or allen are this year. maybe he can correct his monumental error while in possession of more quality picks than this team has had in forever....

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

This is why I was so pissed at McDermott last year when the idiot passed on Mahomes and Watson. 

Tre White’s a good player but he’s a CB. CB’s don’t lead teams to Super Bowls, ask the Jets. 

McDermott F$&@ed up huge last year at the draft. What an idiot. I can’t believe how badly the process misread the tea leaves. 

I can't believe how much smarter you are than our entire coaching staff and front office.  What was your job again? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And yet.  That was said of Alex Smith when he was benched for Shaun Hill and then Troy Smith.  He was booed.  The crowd chanted for David Carr.

And today, seven years later, Smith has just been guaranteed $71M.  Seventy one million dollars.

That's like, ten million a year for every year in the NFL since he got booed and benched.

What a sport.  What a country!

I'm not saying this is my idea of a good time, but if Daboll thinks he can channel Jim Harbaugh, there are worse alternatives.

This...

this exactly.

And if Tyrod is the starter in game 1, the Bills will sell out games as they always do and all the posters who are saying they won't watch the team will come around to watching the team week 1... well, at least all the ones who have been Bills fans for more than a minute.

People are just very emotional right now, apparently.

58 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Too early to tell.

I was livid when we passed on mahomes btw.

Still not looking like it was a good move.

After this draft/off-season if we don't have a QB it was a bust move.

Even if we do and mahomes winds up better than our QB, still a bust move.

Too early to call, but the magic 8 ball thinks we made an error.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This...

this exactly.

And if Tyrod is the starter in game 1, the Bills will sell out games as they always do and all the posters who are saying they won't watch the team will come around to watching the team week 1... well, at least all the ones who have been Bills fans for more than a minute.

People are just very emotional right now, apparently.

I actually won't watch if Tyrod is the QB.

It's not me whining, it's me being tired of watching him run around cluelessly while we're lose 10-3.

Just not enjoyable to watch.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I actually won't watch if Tyrod is the QB.

It's not me whining, it's me being tired of watching him run around cluelessly while we're lose 10-3.

Just not enjoyable to watch.

Forgive me if I don't take your word for it and wait and see if you're still here posting about what happens in the games in 8 months if Taylor our starter at the beginning of the season before believing anyone really isn't going to watch.  So much can happen in the next 7 months... who knows, by the time the season is primed to start you might actually be excited to watch the Bills week 1 even if Taylor is the starter  :flirt:

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Forgive me if I don't take your word for it and wait and see if you're still here posting about what happens in the games in 8 months if Taylor our starter at the beginning of the season before believing anyone really isn't going to watch.  So much can happen in the next 7 months... who knows, by the time the season is primed to start you might actually be excited to watch the Bills week 1 even if Taylor is the starter  :flirt:

I flatly said I won't watch if Tyrod is under center, because I don't find watching a clueless QB scramble around, not seeing wide open receivers (or just missing the throws) while I yell at the tv entertaining.

So as I said, I won't WATCH.

So no, transplant, I won't be excited if Tyrod is under center, and I won't be WATCHING the games.

I will still be on the board, still follow the team, still root for them, but actually watching him play is painful.

You can not watch games physically and still follow a team.

Feel free to keep drinking his koolaid and telling me that I'll watch.

Edited by SouthNYfan

well, if you all think mc d's a dumbass, go watch kc and mahomes trail the rest of the afcw next year....including a cousins lead denver. they will be lucky to not get curbstomped by the chargers twice. the big story next year will be andy reid being on the coaching hotseat and hindsight, should have not made the trade....bla,bla,bla.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd give up a ton of draft picks for Darnold. 21, 22 a 2nd a 1st next year and Cordy Glenn to move up to #3 overall. Sign McCown and redshirt Darnold for a year.

...better keep you day job......Bflo's GM job is NOT in your cards........you're in "Boy Danny Snyder for RG II 1/8, Ditka draft for Ricky or Vikes for Herschel" absurdity territory.......good Lord...

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well, if you all think mc d's a dumbass, go watch kc and mahomes trail the rest of the afcw next year....including a cousins lead denver. they will be lucky to not get curbstomped by the chargers twice. the big story next year will be andy reid being on the coaching hotseat and hindsight, should have not made the trade....bla,bla,bla.

I think that you have to give mahomes until after next year to judge.

In a perfect world I don't think Reid wanted to trade Smith, but to finish his contract and groom mahomes another year, but they were in cap trouble, with no 1st round pick, and Smith was due $18mil, so they made the move early

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Worst move in franchise history?  OMG you must have started following the Bills 10 minutes ago.  Given a few minutes I could probably list 100 moves that were worse than taking a shutdown corner in the first round after getting another team's first rounder the next year.

My comment is based on my firmly held belief that Mahomes will end up great. 

26 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

I can't believe how much smarter you are than our entire coaching staff and front office.  What was your job again? 

I can. I’m smarter than most people. I’m but a humble businessman. Hope that answer satisfies you. 

27 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i don't remember watson or mahommes getting more hype than darnold , rosen , mayfield or allen are this year. maybe he can correct his monumental error while in possession of more quality picks than this team has had in forever....

Thats because draft analysts are AWFUL. And he’ll have to trade a great deal of our picks to make up for McDermotts mistake last year.