Pre-Combine and FA Mock

H2o

Until the chips fall in FA and posturing with the Combine/Pro Days it's even harder to be too accurate with these things. I'm just throwing one together though to pass the time on a Saturday. 

1. Cleveland Browns - Saquon Barkley / RB / Penn State - Barkley is arguably the best player in the draft. He is a true 3-down NFL RB. They know he won't be there at #4 so the Browns pull the trigger here.

2. New York Giants - Sam Darnold / QB / USC - When the Browns take Barkley the Giants choose to look to the future. Eli is 37 and this is their best chance to get a successor. Darnold will also fall into a good spot because he can sit for a year or two before being thrust into action. 

***New York Jets trade up to #3***

3. New York Jets - Josh Rosen / QB / UCLA - The Jets seize their opportunity to move up in front of Cleveland and Denver to get their guy. Rosen, despite all of these reports, is possibly the best QB in the draft. The Jets haven't had a true franchise QB in as long as I can remember. 

4. Cleveland Browns - Josh Allen / QB / Wyoming - The Browns get the QB they wanted even after getting possibly the best player in the draft. Allen has all the physical tools you look for plus very good athleticism for a guy his size. 

5. Denver Broncos - Baker Mayfield / QB / Oklahoma - The Broncos still have a good defense, but the offense has been lacking since Peyton Manning's play fell off a cliff the year he rode off into the sunset. Mayfield, imo, is the best QB in the draft and will start immediately in Denver. 

6. Indianapolis Colts - Quenton Nelson / OG / Notre Dame - The OL needs to be fixed so Luck can stay healthy. Nelson is the best OL'man in the draft. It makes too much sense here after Indy grabs extra picks in the trade with NY. 

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Minkah Fitzpatrick / CB / Alabama - Tampa can't pass up on the best CB in the draft here and it is a need as well.

8. Chicago Bears - Denzel Ward / CB / Ohio St. - The Bears have needs everywhere. Ward is a nice start for them. 

9. San Francisco 49ers - Calvin Ridley / WR / Alabama - Now that SF has their QB of the future in Jimmy G. they start adding weapons around him. Ridley is a very polished WR prospect who runs good routes and gets separation with ease. 

10. Oakland Raiders - Roquan Smith / LB / Georgia - Smith is one of the elite talents in this draft. He will be the Raiders' starting MLB for the next 10 years. 

11. Miami Dolphins - Bradley Chubb / DE / North Carolina State - Cam Wake is nearing the end of the line and Chubb is the best edge rusher in the draft. They could be going WR here to replace Landry if he walks, but for now I like this fit. 

12. Cincinnati Bengals - Mike McGlinchey / OT / Notre Dame - The Bengals OL needs help and McGlinchey is one of the best prospects at a position of need. 

13. Washington Redskins - Lamar Jackson / QB / Louisville - Jackson will be drafted as Cousins' replacement. I fully expect Kirk to be elsewhere next year. My guess right now is Minnesota. Either way the Redskins will roll the dice on the electric athlete. 

14. Green Bay Packers - Derwin James / S / Florida State - The defense missed Hyde this past season. James can fill that void as the most versatile and best S in the draft. 

15. Arizona Cardinals - Orlando Brown / OT / Oklahoma - The offense missed David Johnson dearly this past season. Even with Johnson the OL could use some help. QB is a need, but I think they sign a vet to allow them to address the position on day 2. 

16. Baltimore Ravens - Courtland Sutton / WR / SMU - This is the big body WR that Flacco needs. A guy he can chuck it up to who can come down with those 50/50 balls. Maclin is likely gone and Sutton will take his place in the offense. 

17. Los Angeles Chargers - Rashaan Evans / LB / Alabama - LB is a team need and Evans is an talented prospect from one of the best defenses in the nation. He will be an upgrade. 

18. Seattle Seahawks - Josh Jackson / CB / Iowa - This defense is getting old and depleted quickly. Time to infuse some young talent. The OL needs help, but there is no one worthy of this high a selection. 

19. Dallas Cowboys - Maurice Hurst / DT / Michigan - The Dallas defense is constantly their weakest link. Hurst will help to stabilize the interior of that line. 

20. Detroit Lions - Arden Key / DE / LSU - Detroit may be forced to replace Ansah this offseason, but even if he is there in 2018 I could see this happening. Key has off the field concerns, but is committed to football and has elite talent. 

21. Buffalo Bills - Da'Ron Payne / DT / Alabama - It's no secret that the Bills need help on the defensive interior. Payne will go a long way to fixing that problem. 

22. Buffalo Bills - Vita Vea / DT / Washington - What was a weakness now becomes a strength. The drafting of Payne and Vea make this DL as formidable as any in the NFL, rookies or not. This also gives us at least 5 years of this duo manning the middle. 

23. Los Angeles Rams - Isaiah Oliver / CB / Colorado - The Rams traded away Gaines and it surprisingly left a hole in their defense. Johnson is also an impending FA. This position will need to be addressed. 

24. Carolina Panthers - Equanimeous St. Brown / WR / Notre Dame - They traded away Cam's favorite Target and will now need to provide him with more. St. Brown was hindered by poor QB play at ND this year. He is big, fast, and runs good routes. He will fit nicely in Carolina. 

25. Tennessee Titans - Harold Landry / DE / Boston College - Dodd has been a disappointment thus far and the Titans still need a guy who can get after it. Landry is a bit smallish for a DE, but he can still get after the QB. 

26. Atlanta Falcons - Hayden Hurst / TE / South Carolina - Matt Ryan misses having a reliable Target at TE like he had in Tony Gonzales. Julio Jones misses having a guy to pull Safeties off of him as well. This pick would benefit their offense on many levels. 

27. New Orleans Saints - Tremaine Edmunds / LB / Virginia Tech - The Saints defense was vastly improved this year, but they could still use some help at LB. Edmunds is an outstanding prospect at LB and possess uncanny size for a guy at his position. 

28. Pittsburgh Steelers - Leighton Vander Esch / LB / Boise St. - The Steelers have to sure up that LB position in the wake of Ryan Shazier's neck injury. The Boise St. product will fit nicely into the middle of that defense. 

29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Billy Price / G-C / Ohio St. - Guys to open holes for Fournette are a plus and that is one place they could still use an upgrade. 

30. Minnesota Vikings - Donte Jackson / CB / LSU - The Vikings have two physical Corners in Rhodes and Waynes, but Jackson is the guy they need to keep up with the slot guys. A stout defense will get even better.  

31. Philadelphia Eagles - Connor Williams / OT / Texas - Jason Peters is getting up there in age and Lane Johnson is one steroid away from a year ban. Williams would be the future at one of the OT positions. 

32. New England Patriots - Derrius Guice / RB / LSU - It's been a long time since the Pats had a 3-down RB. Guice would fill that role and would excel in that system. It would also give the Pats a home run hitter at the position. 

Rest of the Bills picks:

2a. Tegray Scales / LB / Indiana - A guy who fits the mold of our system and would step in day 1 @ MLB. A true sideline to sideline LB who can cover as well as make stops in the run game. 

2b. Isaiah Wynn / OT / Georgia - Mills is still a liability out there and I don't know what happens with Glenn yet. Even if we keep Glenn, Wynn can play ANY position along the OL. He would definitely start somewhere up front. 

3. Dorance Armstrong / LB / Kansas - He's another in the mold of this defense who will start alongside Scales and Milano week 1. With this pick our front 7 has been solidified with players who fit the system and are starting caliber talent that will be together for at least 4 years. 

4. Kurt Benkert / QB / Virginia - Benkert is a solid middle round prospect who has some upside. He throws a nice deep ball and has good arm strength. He will not come in and be a day 1 starter by any means, but he could end up being a Matt Schaub type of QB. And no, not just because they both went to UVA. 

5a. Nyheim Hines / RB / NC State - No secret we need better RB depth and Hines not only is good toting the rock, but he is also a good receiver out of the backfield. 

5b. D'Montre Wade / CB / Murray St. - Wade has good size, coverage skills, and a hands. He's also a CB who fits the mold with his size and willingness to tackle. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Drafting DT & DT in the first sounds far-fetched, even though it sounds nice.

I just cannot fathom the Bills not addressing QB at either one of those picks, or at least no later than Round 2.

Unless they land Kirk Cousins.

I can see us bypassing QB here because there won't be one that fits the value available Mason is not a 1st rd player more like a late 2 type prospect .  With that being said Tremaine Edmunds is still available at 21 we should take him and not look back , he's a beast. At DT Via, Hurst, Harrison any one of them would be great here.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers
  • Like (+1) 1

I also think 2 DT's in the 1st is unlikely, but every year everyone tries to guess how the draft will go and every year nobody gets it right. I'd love Vita Vae and a Qb, OT, LB, Edge rusher or speedy WR in the 1st. There are a lot of holes to fill as well as depth to add. I think they will be reluctant to deal many picks away, but who knows?

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Until the chips fall in FA and posturing with the Combine/Pro Days it's even harder to be too accurate with these things. I'm just throwing one together though to pass the time on a Saturday. 

1. Cleveland Browns - Saquon Barkley / RB / Penn State - Barkley is arguably the best player in the draft. He is a true 3-down NFL RB. They know he won't be there at #4 so the Browns pull the trigger here.

2. New York Giants - Sam Darnold / QB / USC - When the Browns take Barkley the Giants choose to look to the future. Eli is 37 and this is their best chance to get a successor. Darnold will also fall into a good spot because he can sit for a year or two before being thrust into action. 

***New York Jets trade up to #3***

3. New York Jets - Josh Rosen / QB / UCLA - The Jets seize their opportunity to move up in front of Cleveland and Denver to get their guy. Rosen, despite all of these reports, is possibly the best QB in the draft. The Jets haven't had a true franchise QB in as long as I can remember. 

4. Cleveland Browns - Josh Allen / QB / Wyoming - The Browns get the QB they wanted even after getting possibly the best player in the draft. Allen has all the physical tools you look for plus very good athleticism for a guy his size. 

5. Denver Broncos - Baker Mayfield / QB / Oklahoma - The Broncos still have a good defense, but the offense has been lacking since Peyton Manning's play fell off a cliff the year he rode off into the sunset. Mayfield, imo, is the best QB in the draft and will start immediately in Denver. 

6. Indianapolis Colts - Quenton Nelson / OG / Notre Dame - The OL needs to be fixed so Luck can stay healthy. Nelson is the best OL'man in the draft. It makes too much sense here after Indy grabs extra picks in the trade with NY. 

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Minkah Fitzpatrick / CB / Alabama - Tampa can't pass up on the best CB in the draft here and it is a need as well.

8. Chicago Bears - Denzel Ward / CB / Ohio St. - The Bears have needs everywhere. Ward is a nice start for them. 

9. San Francisco 49ers - Calvin Ridley / WR / Alabama - Now that SF has their QB of the future in Jimmy G. they start adding weapons around him. Ridley is a very polished WR prospect who runs good routes and gets separation with ease. 

10. Oakland Raiders - Roquan Smith / LB / Georgia - Smith is one of the elite talents in this draft. He will be the Raiders' starting MLB for the next 10 years. 

11. Miami Dolphins - Bradley Chubb / DE / North Carolina State - Cam Wake is nearing the end of the line and Chubb is the best edge rusher in the draft. They could be going WR here to replace Landry if he walks, but for now I like this fit. 

12. Cincinnati Bengals - Mike McGlinchey / OT / Notre Dame - The Bengals OL needs help and McGlinchey is one of the best prospects at a position of need. 

13. Washington Redskins - Lamar Jackson / QB / Louisville - Jackson will be drafted as Cousins' replacement. I fully expect Kirk to be elsewhere next year. My guess right now is Minnesota. Either way the Redskins will roll the dice on the electric athlete. 

14. Green Bay Packers - Derwin James / S / Florida State - The defense missed Hyde this past season. James can fill that void as the most versatile and best S in the draft. 

15. Arizona Cardinals - Orlando Brown / OT / Oklahoma - The offense missed David Johnson dearly this past season. Even with Johnson the OL could use some help. QB is a need, but I think they sign a vet to allow them to address the position on day 2. 

16. Baltimore Ravens - Courtland Sutton / WR / SMU - This is the big body WR that Flacco needs. A guy he can chuck it up to who can come down with those 50/50 balls. Maclin is likely gone and Sutton will take his place in the offense. 

17. Los Angeles Chargers - Rashaan Evans / LB / Alabama - LB is a team need and Evans is an talented prospect from one of the best defenses in the nation. He will be an upgrade. 

18. Seattle Seahawks - Josh Jackson / CB / Iowa - This defense is getting old and depleted quickly. Time to infuse some young talent. The OL needs help, but there is no one worthy of this high a selection. 

19. Dallas Cowboys - Maurice Hurst / DT / Michigan - The Dallas defense is constantly their weakest link. Hurst will help to stabilize the interior of that line. 

20. Detroit Lions - Arden Key / DE / LSU - Detroit may be forced to replace Ansah this offseason, but even if he is there in 2018 I could see this happening. Key has off the field concerns, but is committed to football and has elite talent. 

21. Buffalo Bills - Da'Ron Payne / DT / Alabama - It's no secret that the Bills need help on the defensive interior. Payne will go a long way to fixing that problem. 

22. Buffalo Bills - Vita Vea / DT / Washington - What was a weakness now becomes a strength. The drafting of Payne and Vea make this DL as formidable as any in the NFL, rookies or not. This also gives us at least 5 years of this duo manning the middle. 

23. Los Angeles Rams - Isaiah Oliver / CB / Colorado - The Rams traded away Gaines and it surprisingly left a hole in their defense. Johnson is also an impending FA. This position will need to be addressed. 

24. Carolina Panthers - Equanimeous St. Brown / WR / Notre Dame - They traded away Cam's favorite Target and will now need to provide him with more. St. Brown was hindered by poor QB play at ND this year. He is big, fast, and runs good routes. He will fit nicely in Carolina. 

25. Tennessee Titans - Harold Landry / DE / Boston College - Dodd has been a disappointment thus far and the Titans still need a guy who can get after it. Landry is a bit smallish for a DE, but he can still get after the QB. 

26. Atlanta Falcons - Hayden Hurst / TE / South Carolina - Matt Ryan misses having a reliable Target at TE like he had in Tony Gonzales. Julio Jones misses having a guy to pull Safeties off of him as well. This pick would benefit their offense on many levels. 

27. New Orleans Saints - Tremaine Edmunds / LB / Virginia Tech - The Saints defense was vastly improved this year, but they could still use some help at LB. Edmunds is an outstanding prospect at LB and possess uncanny size for a guy at his position. 

28. Pittsburgh Steelers - Leighton Vander Esch / LB / Boise St. - The Steelers have to sure up that LB position in the wake of Ryan Shazier's neck injury. The Boise St. product will fit nicely into the middle of that defense. 

29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Billy Price / G-C / Ohio St. - Guys to open holes for Fournette are a plus and that is one place they could still use an upgrade. 

30. Minnesota Vikings - Donte Jackson / CB / LSU - The Vikings have two physical Corners in Rhodes and Waynes, but Jackson is the guy they need to keep up with the slot guys. A stout defense will get even better.  

31. Philadelphia Eagles - Connor Williams / OT / Texas - Jason Peters is getting up there in age and Lane Johnson is one steroid away from a year ban. Williams would be the future at one of the OT positions. 

32. New England Patriots - Derrius Guice / RB / LSU - It's been a long time since the Pats had a 3-down RB. Guice would fill that role and would excel in that system. It would also give the Pats a home run hitter at the position. 

Rest of the Bills picks:

2a. Tegray Scales / LB / Indiana - A guy who fits the mold of our system and would step in day 1 @ MLB. A true sideline to sideline LB who can cover as well as make stops in the run game. 

2b. Isaiah Wynn / OT / Georgia - Mills is still a liability out there and I don't know what happens with Glenn yet. Even if we keep Glenn, Wynn can play ANY position along the OL. He would definitely start somewhere up front. 

3. Dorance Armstrong / LB / Kansas - He's another in the mold of this defense who will start alongside Scales and Milano week 1. With this pick our front 7 has been solidified with players who fit the system and are starting caliber talent that will be together for at least 4 years. 

4. Kurt Benkert / QB / Virginia - Benkert is a solid middle round prospect who has some upside. He throws a nice deep ball and has good arm strength. He will not come in and be a day 1 starter by any means, but he could end up being a Matt Schaub type of QB. And no, not just because they both went to UVA. 

5a. Nyheim Hines / RB / NC State - No secret we need better RB depth and Hines not only is good toting the rock, but he is also a good receiver out of the backfield. 

5b. D'Montre Wade / CB / Murray St. - Wade has good size, coverage skills, and a hands. He's also a CB who fits the mold with his size and willingness to tackle. 

Those DTs would be awesome, too bad we need a QB and it aint Benkert.

2 hours ago, billspro said:

Adding two run stuffing DTs in round one would not make me happy. 

I would much rather go with Phillips and Bryan. 

As for the second round, I don't believe RT is a need. I'm getting a QB with one of those two picks. 

RT Is definitely a need, Mills is a bum and the worst Olineman by far.

• Like (+1) 1

I would try to get Alex Smith for a 3rd rd and take a qb without moving up. 

If the new scouts can really id a good QB try to move up. It's going to take a few good years of drafting to fill all the holes . 

Great job on the Mock...and for those screaming for a QB, please tell me which one you'd take at 21 or 22 if all the guys shown in this mock are already taken by other teams? I'm going to assume the OP is going the free agent route at QB in 2018.  Again, nice job! 

I still am of the belief that the Bills go up for a QB. With that being said I don’t think 2 DTs is as crazy as some people do. @H2o isn’t wrong at all. The Bills have Kyle Williams who may or may not be back and a bunch of guys. The Bills need to add AT LEAST 2 high quality players to that position. The run defense was not good and that’s a huge reason why. 

Just thinking out loud does anyone honk adding a few pounds to Shaq and kicking him inside might be a good idea? 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Just thinking out loud does anyone honk adding a few pounds to Shaq and kicking him inside might be a good idea? 

I don't know about adding pounds to Shaq but supposing they don't this Mock would mean the Bills would have THREE first round draft picks across their D Line. Four if you count Hughes. Now....if they can't stop the run or rush the passer at that point there's something wrong!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don't know about adding pounds to Shaq but supposing they don't this Mock would mean the Bills would have THREE first round draft picks across their D Line. Four if you count Hughes. Now....if they can't stop the run or rush the passer at that point there's something wrong!

I am thinking that the kick him inside and use one of the picks on a DE That can rush the passer (Davenport maybe). Shaq played inside some at Clemson and he is only about 10 lbs lighter than Aaron Donald. He isn’t quick for a DE but maybe he can get some rush from the inside? 

I’m just thinking out loud because 27 sacks isn’t going to cut it either. The DL needs a lot of work. It’s amazing the job that the secondary did considering the lack of pressure from the front four.

That would be a very Browns thing to do indeed. Taking a running back first overall in 2018 is just silly. I don’t care how good he is. I am sure the Browns have a need for running back but that can be addressed anywhere. Given the projections presented why wouldn’t the Browns trade back? They still get the QB they want at five, grab a great running back later in the first and have more picks in this draft and next years?

I like how you are thinking in regards to Wynn. While he played tackle in colllege I think he slides to guard in the pros. His height is one concern for tackle. Either way Wynn is one of the main reasons UGA’s oline  really improved this year.

i also am not thrilled about 2 DT’s in the first. I’d like to see a vet in FA and then one in the first or second. 

LB is a huge need for this defense. I am hearing some talk the Roquan could slip a little and be the third LB taken due to his size being a little small. If Roquan is there when the Bills pick I hope they take him and DT. I like the idea of building from the inside out on D. Meaning finding a great player at each of the three levels. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I am thinking that the kick him inside and use one of the picks on a DE That can rush the passer (Davenport maybe). Shaq played inside some at Clemson and he is only about 10 lbs lighter than Aaron Donald. He isn’t quick for a DE but maybe he can get some rush from the inside? 

I’m just thinking out loud because 27 sacks isn’t going to cut it either. The DL needs a lot of work. It’s amazing the job that the secondary did considering the lack of pressure from the front four.

I’ve actually thought moving Shaq inside might be a good idea.  His draft profile stated he’s strong and with powerful hands with a violent punch.

I just think he’s too slow on the outside.  Add 20 lbs which I think he could do.  I think he lost 10 last year to move better.

Personally I'd take Rudolph in this scenario after signing Alex Smith or Bridgewater for a few years.  I want Vea though.

The other thing to consider is 2 DT in the first means 2 big future contracts on the same yearly path.  Id prefer them to take Vea and then a Top position of need after that.  

Don't want to derail the thread too much but the only concern for me with Shaq kicking inside is his best asset is his ability to set the edge in the run game. I think you lose that inside. Could he still get off some blocks and be disruptive inside in the run game? Possibly. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Don't want to derail the thread too much but the only concern for me with Shaq kicking inside is his best asset is his ability to set the edge in the run game. I think you lose that inside. Could he still get off some blocks and be disruptive inside in the run game? Possibly. 

You could do it like they used to with Mario or Bruce and just do it on passing downs? Just a thought

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You could do it like they used to with Mario or Bruce and just do it on passing downs? Just a thought

I think they were already starting to do that some before he got injured.  I can certainly see more of that, but not sure they will go the every down starter route. 

9 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I just cannot fathom the Bills not addressing QB at either one of those picks, or at least no later than Round 2.

Exactly, I can see a DT and a MLB in those spots but not addressing quarterback in the first two rounds is absurd. The only way I can see that as if they swing a deal for Alex Smith, or Nick Foles. Even then you got to draft a quarterback of the future while these bridge quarterbacks school him.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d probably prefer Edmunds over Payne and a different QB than Benkert, but this isn’t too bad and I definitely prefer this over a “Rudolph in the first” mock.

I like the Nyheim pick a lot; I think he’s pretty much a perfect 3rd down back that can spell McCoy. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they were already starting to do that some before he got injured.  I can certainly see more of that, but not sure they will go the every down starter route. 

I guess that it boils down to “are you better off with Davenport on the outside and Shaq on the inside or Vea on the inside and Shaq on the outside?” If Shaq is as versatile as it seems he might be they can take the better player. I would imagine that the pass rush would be better with Davenport on the outside and the run defense better with Vea on the inside. If you can’t have both which is the preference?

I see one quality DT signed in FA (Lotulelei), and one drafted in the first 4 picks. It is intoxicating to think of 2 stud first round draft picks playing DT. Then when everything settles down, you realize that is not the game anymore with the draft, FA, and the cap especially - balance is required. Especially for a team that needs to fill alot of holes and get a QB.

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ALF said:

I would try to get Alex Smith for a 3rd rd and take a qb without moving up. 

If the new scouts can really id a good QB try to move up. It's going to take a few good years of drafting to fill all the holes . 

....I'm on board with your plan.........would like to get Alex under contract for a 2nd year so he develops the new 1st rounder and Peterman.............

i would prefer vea 21 then davenport22. i'd also like to hope that adolphus takes a step up with vea next to him. i like shaq on the end but could work the rookie in on passing downs. better dline play instantly improves our lbs. maybe lb can be addressed in fa.

i would probably also take rudolph and washington with the second round picks then fill out with bpa oline, db and running back.

3 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Exactly, I can see a DT and a MLB in those spots but not addressing quarterback in the first two rounds is absurd. The only way I can see that as if they swing a deal for Alex Smith, or Nick Foles. Even then you got to draft a quarterback of the future while these bridge quarterbacks school him.

What if there's no one that they feel is a QB of the future? You don't throw away a 1st or 2nd round pick on a QB who is unworthy just because people on a message board say you should. :thumbsup:

I don't think Mason Rudolph is worth #21 or #22. What if that is Beane's opinion as well? Someone will likely take him before either of our 2nd Round picks though just because that is what teams do. Even then I don't think he would end up being "the guy". 

I would rather go 1 DT and grab Star in free agency to fill out the other spot, you could find a quality DT in the free agent market since there are a lot of quality DT's out on the market, Bills would be foolish not grab at least one. Then you have another 1st round pick to go out and spend on a QB or another roster spot. 

9 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would rather go 1 DT and grab Star in free agency to fill out the other spot, you could find a quality DT in the free agent market since there are a lot of quality DT's out on the market, Bills would be foolish not grab at least one. Then you have another 1st round pick to go out and spend on a QB or another roster spot. 

I wouldn't mind Star either as long as we are not overpaying. He didn't rank very highly among DT's the last couple of years. He actually graded out at 109 this year of the qualifiers which was poor. 

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

I wouldn't mind Star either as long as we are not overpaying. He didn't rank very highly among DT's the last couple of years. He actually graded out at 109 this year of the qualifiers which was poor. 

Star is a run stuffer and a space eater. I too was puzzled by his PFF grade as he seems to be well liked and respected by Panthers fans. But when talking to some knowledgeable Panther fans and they told me that Star is indeed a good run stuffer who holds steady against a lot of double teams.His poor PFF grade stems from the fact that he doesn't rush the passer and he doesn't penetrate the line of scrimmage much on run plays. But he holds the line against a lot of double teams which is a very valuable thing. He is kind of what Dareus was the first 7 games of the season just a big guy taking up space in the middle. But of course Star will come at a much cheaper price and is a well respected locker room guy. 

I think Star could be had at a contract in the range of 5-6 average annual value and for a good run stuffing anchor that's a solid deal. 

Edited by billsfan89

13 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I just get a huge kick out of even considering Bills taking those two. Fantastical? of course. Fun to consider? Heck yes. I would love it.

because

there are so many holes on the Team. whether this year or coming soon , to nail down an interior this well would with these two warriors  should be a Coaches dream !!

BTW

Great fun and an interesting read my friend H2o !

• Thank you (+1) 1