[Vague Title]Colts And Bills

Paul Costa

I’m a little surprised that McDaniels is taking the Indy job. There were several higher profile jobs available. It seems that they are in total rebuild and that’s what he wants. I guess he doesn’t want another Denver debacle. That being said they have the third pick in the draft. If their QB is there do they trade Andrew Luck. His future is realistically cloudy. And if this is a possibility do the Bills offer our two first round picks for Luck. It is a big risk giving up that much for damaged goods. Although many will think this is a no brainer for Buffalo or Indy will want a lot more in return. Not sure about that . Doesn’t seem like McDermott and Beene are risk takers? I personally wouldn’t want to give up more than that for Luck and his recent history ?

If they keep Luck, they are a big trade up prospect.

They need OL help, they could use the picks from trading down and we can ship them Cordy Glenn.

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The real question is why Matt Patricia took the Detroit job over the Giants.

Lower expectations, less media sensationalism, and steady QB situation with some good young talent.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

I’m a little surprised that McDaniels is taking the Indy job. There were several higher profile jobs available. It seems that they are in total rebuild and that’s what he wants. I guess he doesn’t want another Denver debacle. That being said they have the third pick in the draft. If their QB is there do they trade Andrew Luck. His future is realistically cloudy. And if this is a possibility do the Bills offer our two first round picks for Luck. It is a big risk giving up that much for damaged goods. Although many will think this is a no brainer for Buffalo or Indy will want a lot more in return. Not sure about that . Doesn’t seem like McDermott and Beene are risk takers? I personally wouldn’t want to give up more than that for Luck and his recent history ?

If we can get a healthy Andruw Luck at a reasonable price I would do it. Don't think there would be any question with Beane either. The problem is will anybody really trust that he is healthy? Big decision for Indy, has it already been made? They could perhaps get Josh Rosen and trade Luck for picks and be on their way. Much cheaper option.

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The real question is why Matt Patricia took the Detroit job over the Giants.

To me it's a no-brainer.

The Detroit Lions are in a division where only 1 team appears to be a serious contender year in/year out - the Green Bay Packers. And that will only last a couple of more years with Aaron Rodgers.

The NFC East has Wentz in Philly and Zeek/Dak in Dallas, and they all just entered the league. If I'm a coach, I don't want to have to compete vs that 4 games every season.

Total hypothetical:

- If you were the Colts would you trade Luck to the Bills for Glenn, 21,22 and a 2019 1st? 

- If you were the Bills would you do that? 

I would in a second as a Bills fan. It makes some sense for the Colts too if the Giants or Browns don’t go QB. They can get Rosen or Darnold, their LT and 3 1sts. I don’t think that the Colts would do it but it isn’t that crazy. They are years from winning as their roster is trash.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Eli Manning 37, Matt Stafford 29.  plus as mentioned less scrutiny in detroit

yup 

With an aging QB in Eli, Patricia will also have to be the coach that is remembered for cutting the 2-time SB MVP QB. I would want nothing to do with that responsibility and scrutiny from the NY media.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Indy will be drafting "their QB" in april?

why would they trade luck?

not a likely scenario, not likely at all.

....um right...LOL.....why maybe Josh gets REAL bold and releases Luck to make room for his former 1st round pick at #25 right outta the booth.......

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Total hypothetical:

- If you were the Colts would you trade Luck to the Bills for Glenn, 21,22 and a 2019 1st? 

I would in a second as a Bills fan. It makes some sense for the Colts too if the Giants or Browns don’t go QB. They can get Rosen or Darnold, their LT and 3 1sts. I don’t think that the Colts would do it but it isn’t that crazy. They are years from winning as their roster is trash.

ABSOLUTELY!  don't get my hopes up like that.  people forget Luck is only 28 and is fresh assuming his shoulder issues are taken care of.  he can play another 10 yrs + easily

6 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

If they keep Luck, they are a big trade up prospect.

They need OL help, they could use the picks from trading down and we can ship them Cordy Glenn.

Lower expectations, less media sensationalism, and steady QB situation with some good young talent.

Considering where he's coming from, I doubt he's concerned about media sensationalism.

4 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

To me it's a no-brainer.

The Detroit Lions are in a division where only 1 team appears to be a serious contender year in/year out - the Green Bay Packers. And that will only last a couple of more years with Aaron Rodgers.

The NFC East has Wentz in Philly and Zeek/Dak in Dallas, and they all just entered the league. If I'm a coach, I don't want to have to compete vs that 4 games every season.

Yeah, but the Giants are about to draft the next Wentz or Dak (who's bubble is already starting to burst). 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Total hypothetical:

If I'm the Bills there is zero chance I'm giving up 3 1sts and a starting LT for Andrew Luck, especially with the shoulder concerns.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If I'm the Bills there is zero chance I'm giving up 3 1sts and a starting LT for Andrew Luck, especially with the shoulder concerns.

I agree.  Way too expensive for Luck.  Maybe a first, a second, and a player (Glenn in this situation).  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Considering where he's coming from, I doubt he's concerned about media sensationalism.

Yeah, but the Giants are about to draft the next Wentz or Dak (who's bubble is already starting to burst). 

They do have a good draft spot but he would still be responsible for having to deal with the Eli situation. He would be taking a job which would automatically have a controversy at the QB position with the debate of keeping the aging Eli, drafting a QB, and cutting Eli, or keeping Eli, drafting a QB and then answering QB questions for the next 2 seasons after every press conference.

The Lions have their QB and they're in a division that might be easier to win in the coming years. That's just how I view it.  Who knows, he probably just clicked better with the Detroit Lions ownership/management team.

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Total hypothetical:

I think for the price tag you just mentioned we could get the #1 overall pick....at the very least 2 overall.

I’d rather do that and take our own guy than Luck.

18 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I think for the price tag you just mentioned we could get the #1 overall pick....at the very least 2 overall.

I’d rather do that and take our own guy than Luck.

I would think that you could get Darnold or Rosen for that price as well. For me, I’d prefer Luck (if healthy). I have been one of his toughest critics but you can win with him. His Colts team is atrocious.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

To me it's a no-brainer.

Plus Lions GM Bob Quinn is a Pats lifer (worked for them from 2000 to 2015) so one would imagine he would already be on the same page as Patricia.

Lions have Stafford plus some quality pieces on the D, they made the playoffs in 2016 like the Giants, and they had a stiff in the sidelines for the last few years, it's not going to be that hard to get that thing rolling hard in the right direction.  IMO if you don't worry about "markets" that's the best job available this offseason.

I live in Indiana. Irsay is a nut. Its not beyond reason to assume the Colts could do almost anything here. Even though Grigson is long gone, the team is known for their head-scratching moves. It wouldn't surprise me to see them trade luck for a couple of punters. LOL

Seriously, if Irsay and his minions are enamored with a shiny new toy, they might just do it. Its clear that Irsay is NOT enamored with Luck. 

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2010/11/27/1838850/denver-broncos-josh-mcdaniels-fined-50000-for-spygate-ii-incident

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/529119-spygate-ii-there-is-a-bigger-link-between-the-patriots-broncos-and-mcdaniels

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/josh-mcdaniels-spygate-2-denver-broncos-112910

Quote:The hilarious part of this story is that 49ers coach Mike Singletary, whose coaching has been questioned on a lot of levels this season, was smart enough to run nothing but insignificant or dummy plays during this six-minute walk-through. Why? Because he didn’t trust McDaniels. He had a suspicion that he was a cheater. Yes, guilt by association.

:D

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518
Added links

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I would think that you could get Darnold or Rosen for that price as well. For me, I’d prefer Luck (if healthy). I have been one of his toughest critics but you can win with him. His Colts team is atrocious.

Luck is a double edged sword.  The Colts know more about him than any team.  If they are willing to trade him that's a massive red flag and should severely lower his price.  If they are comfortable with his recovery and long term outlook, they aren't trading him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

he took that job because the ALREADY have a good QB.  people forget how good Luck was when healthy because it's been a few seasons but he is still young and with a good offensive coach and some support he can be very good again

A few seasons? It's only been one year. He played 15 games in 2016 and had a great year. I don't think anyone forgets. His price should be pretty hefty.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Luck is a double edged sword.  The Colts know more about him than any team.  If they are willing to trade him that's a massive red flag and should severely lower his price.  If they are comfortable with his recovery and long term outlook, they aren't trading him.

Probably true and it would be contingent on your medical team’s assessment. The only other consideration is Irsay and his comments this year. That idiot is capable of anything.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Probably true and it would be contingent on your medical team’s assessment. The only other consideration is Irsay and his comments this year. That idiot is capable of anything.

I completely agree, but I think it's much more likely they put the #3 pick on the block, frankly I'd be shocked if they didn't.  Unless teams really sour on these QBs the Browns / Giants / Colts either have to take a QB or trade their picks for a bounty of picks, to do otherwise is just bad business.

14 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

This right here. If the Colts want to move on I would suspect there is a reason.  At that point he's damaged goods to the point where I wouldn't even take a chance sending a 3rd to them let alone 2 1sts.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Total hypothetical:

No.  Serious shoulder issues can be tricky business.  I know that from personal experience.  As a quarterback, once he's supposedly healthy the results of healing could include an adjustment of his arm angle for delivering the ball.  There may be other possible mechanical problems arising.  Also, shoulder injuries can also raise neck mobility concerns, especially when arthritis sets in.  It's not worth the price or the chance.

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I certainly do like your belief that they need to do what it takes to get a QB.

It has been way too long. We have the capital to make this purchase. Don’t cheap out.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

5 hours ago, kdiggz said:

ABSOLUTELY!  don't get my hopes up like that.  people forget Luck is only 28 and is fresh assuming his shoulder issues are taken care of.  he can play another 10 yrs + easily

It would be like getting brees from San Diego... but a little riskier due to the draft picks.

id be in.