Congrats officials on another Super Bowl berth.....

cba fan

Penalties 6-98 and 1-10. The 1 for 10 was a meaningless hold on a kick off.
Obvious and clear hold on last run play for game sealing 1st down by Cheats.
Official congrats Brady on field after game. Official laughing it up with Pats after Pats score.

Walt Coleman somewhere Lit up a cigar after the game. I heard Riveron worked the NYC replay office out of a back room VIP area at Scores Strip Club in NYC.
Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The better team won, quit crying your whole life.

cba as in crybaby !@#$s?

Go away Pats fan. Don't you have a NFL officials "after party" to get ready for?

PS: If you are going to use cba as an acronym please use it right. Crybaby is one word. Something like "complete B word ass" would work better and be more fitting as I always B word when refs show bias. Are you the guy who invented the long old hilarious joke: what does Bills stand for. Using Super Bowls as one word?
I like good humor. Just do a better job. EX: row would be "retarded overofficious whiner".

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Steptide said:

While it's frustrating seeing the Pats in the superbowl yet again, what benefit does the NFL get by them being there again? I think I'm with the majority of people that are tired of seeing the Patriots in the superbowl. 

It's all a business.  They want a big market and "heel" in Superbowl to maximize ratings, revenue, hype of game.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Go away Pats fan. Don't you have a NFL officials "after party" to get ready for?

PS: If you are going to use cba as an acronym please use it right. Crybaby is one word. Something like "complete B word ass" would work better and be more fitting as I always B word when refs show bias. Are you the guy who invented the long old hilarious joke: what does Bills stand for. Using Super Bowls as one word?
I like good humor. Just do a better job. EX: row would be "retarded overofficious whiner".

Jags D played dirty and the PI calls were appropriate.

The better team won the game.

• Like (+1) 2

I keep hearing about this disparity in penalties. 

Is is there any chance they get less penalties because they’re a more disciplined team which then helps them win, rather than the opposite? The opposite which would be the biggest conspiracy in the history of all of sports and no one has said a word? 

Im rooting for the Eagles, no doubt, but the Pats are an excellent franchise - arguably the best in the history of sports. 

But I’m sure dozens of officials are in a grand conspiracy to have them win. Ridiculous. 

The Pats**** offensive line NEVER gets called for holding.  The idea that any team can have zero penalties against its offense or defense (you can't count the meaningless kickoff holding) is totally irrational and rediculous.  

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Is is there any chance they get less penalties because they’re a more disciplined team which then helps them win, rather than the opposite? The opposite which would be the biggest conspiracy in the history of all of sports and no one has said a word? 

Im rooting for the Eagles, no doubt, but the Pats are an excellent franchise - arguably the best in the history of sports. 

But I’m sure dozens of officials are in a grand conspiracy to have them win. Ridiculous. 

I don't care how "disciplined" a team is.  NO penalties against your offense or defense is impossible.    Refs protect QB's like Brady more than regular QB's by letting the OL hold, etc.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

The Pats**** offensive line NEVER gets called for holding.  The idea that any team can have zero penalties against its offense or defense (you can't count the meaningless kickoff holding) is totally irrational and rediculous.  

And on the very last drive, on the run that got a first down and sealed the win, they were indeed holding, and it was right there for everyone to see.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, stevestojan said:

No chance, they are considered so good, they let it go. Why blow the whistle when the fumble is going to be run back for a TD? Why not call Pi on the pats, on the third down play that would have extended the drive before the pats final score? Why did they get 3 victory’s from replay review that should not have happened? It’s Michael Jordon Lebron James syndrome, if you are considered great, they turn their heads the other way. Happens in all sports...

Edited by Fred Clause
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The opposite which would be the biggest conspiracy in the history of all of sports and no one has said a word? 

There's no conspiracy. The refs don't huddle before the game and decide to go easy on the Pats. But every dynasty in sports ends up getting the calls. Same thing with the Chicago Bulls in the 90s, Michael Jordan never got called for anything. He pushed off a defender for his game winning shot against the Jazz, no call. It's a psychological effect of being on the same field as the GOAT. Especially when the game is at home, the refs are going to subconsciously call things in the Pats favor.

• Like (+1) 1

The holing call on the Amendola TD where he barley gets both feet in was rediculous. Brady would've gotten killed on the play. The play being blown dead on the fumble, total head shaker. He had a good chance of scoring on that play. Why would anyone want to watch this SB when it is so clearly rigged.

I am not watching the Super Bowl and I know a ton of people who want nothing to do with it in Chicago. The bars were dead for the Patriots game and then they got busy for the Vikings vs Eagles game. I bet this is the least watched super bowl in the last 10 years.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 2

so there was 6 penalties against 1, that's not sure a huge difference.  Take out the one PI and the yardage isn't so orders of magnitude different either.

Someone commented, "Why would anyone want to watch this SB when it is so clearly rigged."

I'm sure there are many as this thread shows who feel that way.  So as was also mentioned, why would the NFL then rig it for the Pats to win when so many people feel this way and won't now watch.  Yes there are many Pat's fans out there, (love to compare the number today to 20 years ago when they would lose every year)  but there are still many many more non Pats' fans out there.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

There's no conspiracy. The refs don't huddle before the game and decide to go easy on the Pats. But every dynasty in sports ends up getting the calls. Same thing with the Chicago Bulls in the 90s, Michael Jordan never got called for anything. He pushed off a defender for his game winning shot against the Jazz, no call. It's a psychological effect of being on the same field as the GOAT. Especially when the game is at home, the refs are going to subconsciously call things in the Pats favor.

That’s of your opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

While it's frustrating seeing the Pats in the superbowl yet again, what benefit does the NFL get by them being there again? I think I'm with the majority of people that are tired of seeing the Patriots in the superbowl. 

It's tiring seeing the Patties in the Super Bowl...but at this point what's more tiring is all the "conspiracy truthers" we have crying about the refs. 

6 minutes ago, musichunch said:

How do you fix a tennis game though? Haha. The officials barely have any say in the game.

If they call a ball out, the other player can challenge it and it will 100 percent show if it was the right call or not

they beat the Titans and the Jaguars, both at home. The Jaguars gave them all they could handle in New England, with the refs calling zero penalties against NE on offense or defense.

I don't see some big conspiracy, so much as two so-so teams going into NE and one actually almost winning there.

Let's face it: we are super biased ha ha. Still, I feel the refs are paid or something, to call OR NOT CALL penalties, mostly during the first quarters, and not at critically important times. It most certainly affects the game score in the end but never too obvious. The Pats* really seem favored. 

There are 31 other franchises in the NFL. They all play to win. Year in year out this century the Pats dominate them all. Let's give credit where credit is due. If your tired of the Pats in the Super Bowl, all you have to do is beat them.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Watch #77 on almost every play.  

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Ratings! which equates to $$$$$$   All Pats fans watch expecting a Pats victory. The rest of the free world watches hoping they get beat bad. Makes for great ratings! For every person saying they won't watch the game because the Patriots are in it again, there's 20 that normally don't watch the Superbowl who will now, hoping that they lose.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

How about that takeaway by Jack on that double backwards pass play that would have gone for a TD but was conveniently blown dead by the zebras?  The NFL is fixed people.  Grow up and accept it already.

So you shouldn't get upset or excited with the outcome of any Bills' game since it's all predetermined.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So you shouldn't get upset or excited with the outcome of any Bills' game since it's all predetermined.

Probably.  And my enthusiasm for the NFL has wanted considerably over they years. 

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

There are two types of fans, those that want to watch the pats win and those that want to watch the pats lose. 

People tired of seeing the pats in the superbowl will watch in hopes of seeing them lose.

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

There are two types of fans, those that want to watch the pats win and those that want to watch the pats lose. 

People tired of seeing the pats in the superbowl will watch in hopes of seeing them lose.

It's like that scene from "Private Parts" where a study by Stern's radio station revealed that Stern fans listened an average of 3 hours. and Stern haters listened an average of 4 hours. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

How about that takeaway by Jack on that double backwards pass play that would have gone for a TD but was conveniently blown dead by the zebras?  The NFL is fixed people.  Grow up and accept it already.

I think that was correct.  I think he was still touching the runner when they were both down.