Would you give up multiple picks to move up to #2?

Klaista2k

Would you trade up with the Giants?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade multiple draft picks to the Giants for the #2 overall pick in the draft?

• Yes
    • No

If the Giants were willing to trade the second pick overall  -- Would you be willing to part way with the 21st, 22nd, and other draft picks to go up to #2 and take a franchise quarterback?

Is there only a particular quarterback you would do this for? Darnold? Rosen?

How would you feel about this? 

1 minute ago, Klaista2k said:

If the Giants were willing to trade the second pick overall  -- Would you be willing to part way with the 21st, 22nd, and other draft picks to go up to #2 and take a franchise quarterback?

If give 21,22, this years 3rd and next years first,and Glenn for the second pick in the draft.

Edited by mob16151

I can’t hate if they have done their homework and think it’s the guy. 

I’m not sold on anyone specifically as it’s always a crap shoot. 

If they are not landing an above average quarterback in free agency then I think they have to go all in for quarterback in the draft and hopefully filled some holes already in free agency if they don’t land earlier mentioned quarterback 

6 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Absolutely.

If the Bills seriously like a QB, I think we should do exactly this.  The problem is the trade partner.  The Giants likely will go QB.  But we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

I would approve of that in a heartbeat IF the Bills think there is a guy we can get at #2 who is their dream QB prospect.

You do what it takes to get that guy.  Everything else will fill in around him.

Edited by Fadingpain

20 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

IF the Bills think there are only two franchise QBs or have a huge preference and can get our guy...... I would like to trade up to #2 to get one of them.

Image result for smart gif

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We'd need to give up 4 firsts, or 3 firsts plus 2 seconds. 

Where do I sign up?  I was hoping to get it done for three #1s and maybe a #2 and #3.  I think Rosen is going to be excellent.

Edited by stony
  • Like (+1) 1

Nope.  There is no sure bet QB in this year's draft.  If you guess wrong you set the team back for another 3 years.  This team has a lot of holes to fill.  Depending on what we do in free agency, I'd stay where we are and draft LB, DT, WR, OL or whichever QB falls to us with our first 4 picks.  Build depth with remainder of picks.  

While we need lots of help in the front 7, OL and either resign/replace Gaines and Johnson. , I’d roll the dice on one of these guys.  We have to roll the dice eventually.  Why not now?  I’d rather go for the best QBs rather than trade up for mayfield, Jackson or Allen. Get the guy you like most. Not the 4th best guy.  I believe, if we resign Gaines and upgrade Johnson, can build our D around this  talented and opportunistic secondary.  With the remaining picks and free agent money get 2 DTs, MLB, SLB, nickel cb, pass rushing DE, RG, backup RB and WR.  10 main positions of need with 3-4 draft picks (after trading away for the 2nd pick) and 40 mill or so cap room.  It’s possible to fill some holes, patch some holes and land a franchise QB. 

I think the only way I could see us not considering trading up to 2 is they might like Mayfield more than Darnold and think they can get him later and save a couple picks.  Maybe?  If they see both as similar prospects there’s no reason to jump up to 2 (unless another team thinks the same and drafts mayfield I suppose).

either way, just please no mason Rudolph 

There is never a sure thing but if they think that one of the QBs is a franchise guy then you give up the farm for them. This feels like the first time in a generation where we realize we need a QB and where there seems to be viable draft options and where we have the ammunition to get one of those viable options.  Those three pieces have never come together.  We've always settled in one way or another.  This feels like the year we don't have to and maybe they will be wrong but its better to go down swinging. 

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Nope.  There is no sure bet QB in this year's draft.  If you guess wrong you set the team back for another 3 years.  This team has a lot of holes to fill.  Depending on what we do in free agency, I'd stay where we are and draft LB, DT, WR, OL or whichever QB falls to us with our first 4 picks.  Build depth with remainder of picks.  

Is there ever?  Wentz was a gamble, Goff was a bust after a year.  Last year's class was considered poor and now Watson looks legit and even Mitch was ok (maybe a stretch?)  My point is, it's the toughest position to fill in all of pro sports, and you can negate some of the risk by drafting the cream instead of going bargain bin shopping. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Monk said:

I thought Cousins is a FA.  

He is, disregard that post. Cousins has no reason to sign with Washington and they can't afford to re-sign him. There is quite literally almost no scenario in which the Redskins trade Cousins. Even if they franchised him again he's better off playing one more year that at that ridiculous salary ($38M) and hitting the market a year later than signing the franchise tag and letting them trade him anywhere. Even if that scenario played out, who is going to pay him $38 in the hopes he agrees to sign a long term contract? It's a ludicrous proposition. 

Because we made the playoffs, I don't think we should do it, as the pick cost has become too much. With the amount of holes we have, we need to hang on to those top picks, and make them count.

If someone drops that they like, then go get them,  but not at the expense of too many picks.

We've got 8 picks, iirc, and nothing lower than a 5th rounder. It's not inconcievable, that all of those picks could make the roster, and provide a huge boost of talent.

Get that extra talent in here, and go all in on a QB next year, assuming we've found a vet in FA.

• Like (+1) 3

I think you do it in stages, like Philadelphia did when they picked Wentz at #2.  They first made a trade with Miami to get from #13 to #8.  They traded Kiko Alonzo and Byron Maxwell to move up 5 spots.  This put them in a position to get to #2.  Cleveland wanted to stay in the top 8 picks.

26 minutes ago, stony said:

Is there ever?  Wentz was a gamble, Goff was a bust after a year.  Last year's class was considered poor and now Watson looks legit and even Mitch was ok (maybe a stretch?)  My point is, it's the toughest position to fill in all of pro sports, and you can negate some of the risk by drafting the cream instead of going bargain bin shopping. 

Wentz wasn't a gamble.  I actually would have been thrilled if the Bills drafted Watson.  I'm not talking bargain bin shopping...but to mortgage your future on a single pick that may or may not pan out is taking a huge risk.  With the number of QB needy teams this year it will take an awful lot to move up.  I don't see a "cream"  QB in this draft.  I see a number of QB's that have a lot of potential.   If the Bills can sit where they are and get two impact players...one of which may be a QB...I'd prefer if they did that...particularly if you are talking multiple first round picks in multiple years to trade up.  If you watched a lot of college ball this year,  you will have noted a number of freshman and sophomore QBs that will be available in the future. 

2 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

If the Bills truly believe there's a guy who could be their QB of the present and future and he'll be available at Pick #2, then yes.  All In!

OTOH, if they think Cousins could be the Man, go after him

This is the year to do it because of the extra early round picks to trade or plug holes with -- and a hefty bit of cap room to fill in the gaps. Even though there are a lot of holes, you can't wait until next year. 

I'm not sure if either of the top two are worth the price (whatever it is), but it is time to roll the dice.  You also get the extra benefit of having a cheap QB and an extra year of control b/c he'd be a first round pick. 

If they can get ip there, then they have to do it. 

The cost for the 2nd pick might look like 4 first round picks, but if the Bills have the most draft capital to reasonably offer, it may be closer to 3 first round picks and change.  We must take into consideration that the Bills are one of the only teams with 2 first round picks to offer THIS year.. providing IMMEDIATE return for the Giants, Browns, or Colts moving out of their spot.  I have to think that this would appeal to the Giants specifically as they already have Manning and aren't in a position where they HAVE to get a QB, and the thought of having 2 first round picks THIS year could definitely appeal to them making one last run with Eli this coming year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, brianb386 said:

IN theory I would, but in reality it may take a lot to move up. I'd be ok with giving up both 1st rd picks this year and maybe a second as well. That probably doesn't get it done, though.

I would go with our 2 firsts, next year's second, and any other Bills player they want, maybe any other 2 Bills they want  If it's the right guy, go for broke.  A franchise QB covers up many of the other holes.

Rosen and Darnold I think can be true franchise quarterbacks, obviously it's a crapshoot, but either would be the best QB prospect we've had really since Jim Kelly. We need a real top blue chip prospect, not a Losman type 4th best QB in the draft. 

Think I'd only trade up for one of them. If I can't get there I just sit and see how the draft plays out. 

I do think the Giants might consider it. Two picks in the 20s allows them to draft what they really need which is offensive line. Maybe they'd want Cordy Glenn too.